Star Trek Into Darkness - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reaction, they say it's really good.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97913

I just finished reading that. Sounds like it's going to be great.

However, I'm even more intrigued with that intro scene, particularly with Cumberbatch's character saying he can help the child.

The fact that he says this, while in a hospital, no less, would suggest that he has some sort of special method to aid the child's ailment or injury. Maybe this method comes in the form of superhuman abilities?

Many of us have speculated that he's possibly Gary Mitchell (or some similar character), but this brief description seems to make that possibility more and more likely.

It keeps sounding more and more like it really is Gary Mitchell.

What I love about the prologue description is that it sounds like the start of a normal Star Trek episode! The crew of the Enterprise on another exciting adventure!

What I love about the prologue description is that it sounds like the start of a normal Star Trek episode! The crew of the Enterprise on another exciting adventure!

Yeah. Pretty much every episode starts out with the crew doing some routine space travel to some unknown place, thing or planet, only to make a really weird or sinister discovery.

sounds cool. bc may very well be gary mitchell, but it seems so lack luster. is the general audience going to buy a seemingly "super"villain named "gary'? was he a healer? i guess anything could be possible especially after bc talked about his character being neither good or bad...

brilliant way to promote this film. all this villain talk is building so much intrigue. for me at least

I hope we don't always get a full-on sci-fi movie for this new series of Star Trek films. I want to see scenarios sometimes where the crew have to disguise themselves as part of another civilisation, as in the original series, at least for part of the movie. That's what they did with the Voyage Home, which was a popular Trek movie. They should have similar scenarios to things they had from the original series, but not copy them outright.

It's so funny that you posted this right before the description of the prologue comes out. lol

sounds cool. bc may very well be gary mitchell, but it seems so lack luster. is the general audience going to buy a seemingly "super"villain named "gary'? was he a healer? i guess anything could be possible especially after bc talked about his character being neither good or bad...

brilliant way to promote this film. all this villain talk is building so much intrigue. for me at least

The name is pretty innocuous, but they could have fun with that.

The starship that crashes into the water at the end of the trailer doesn't seem to be the Enterprise. The nacelles are too wide apart to be the JJ Abrams Enterprise.

The one rising out of the water in the middle of the trailer was definitely the Enterprise. Wonder why it was there.

The starship that crashes into the water at the end of the trailer doesn't seem to be the Enterprise. The nacelles are too wide apart to be the JJ Abrams Enterprise.

The one rising out of the water in the middle of the trailer was definitely the Enterprise. Wonder why it was there.

Read the prologue description if you want to find out.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59938

Mr. Beaks says the Khan theme is in the preview.
But it's not associated with Cumberbatch. Tricky Abrams.

And WOW, according to Mr. Beaks the Prime Directive is mentioned! It's those small details that sail over the average movie goers head that, to me, make all the difference. These sort of things really highlight the amount of respect the filmmakers have for Trek in all its forms.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Enterprise to just... stay in space? You know, in orbit, undetected.

Well, it's not as visually impressive, so I can see why they have it submerged.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Enterprise to just... stay in space? You know, in orbit, undetected.

Well, it's not as visually impressive, so I can see why they have it submerged.

I think they explained it in the prologue I think.

But it's not associated with Cumberbatch. Tricky Abrams.

And WOW, according to Mr. Beaks the Prime Directive is mentioned! It's those small details that sail over the average movie goers head that, to me, make all the difference. These sort of things really highlight the amount of respect the filmmakers have for Trek in all its forms.

Cumberbatch is Mitchell, Weller is Khan. Believe.

Maybe Khan is in the film but for sure Benedict is not Khan. Never made sense anyway.

Cumberbatch is Mitchell, Weller is Khan. Believe.

Just keep in mind that Weller was involved even when Benecio del Toro was in talks, so was Del Toro going to be playing Mitchell or whoever Cumberbatch is playing?

Just keep in mind that Weller was involved even when Benecio del Toro was in talks, so was Del Toro going to be playing Mitchell or whoever Cumberbatch is playing?
The Mitchell bit is a bit of a joke. If Weller is Khan, I fully expect Cumberbatch to be one of his followers.

Considering the small rumors that Weller would be a Klingon, him being Khan would actually be more logical. Maybe he's the one who uses Cumberbatch's characters "super powers" and tricks him into becoming a bad guy. Sort of a Emperor/Vader relationship...

tumblr_melresltWk1qimft8o1_r1_500.gif

She definitely looks like Elizabeth Dehner here. Bear in mind though that Dehner also ended up with the same super powers as Mitchell in the original episode, but it simply took longer for them to manifest. Then when Kirk fought Mitchell on that planet, it also became a battle to the death between Dehner and Mitchell's super powers (once Kirk convinced her of what they were both becoming).

I just read the character synopsis for Gary Mitchell:

in the tv show they try stranding him on a planet. But it didn't work out so well, so Kirk goes back and kills him.

Didn't they strand Khan on a planet, and that's why he wants revenge on Kirk in "Wrath of Khan"? Maybe after
Kirk offs Mitchell
Khan (Weller) gets stranded on the planet before they leave as punishment for working with Mitchell. Setting up the character for a potential sequel down the road.

Last edited:
I was just going to come in here to ask this questions. Thanks for the link.

So glad the theater where I'll be watching it will be playing it.
The theater for me is like 5 minutes away! Yes!

HEY!! Who the heck forgot to spellcheck for Missouri?!
"MISSOURRI"? :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"