Star Trek Into Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official synopsis:

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-trek-into-darkness-synopsis-positions-the-film-as-a-galactic-manhunt/

Quote:
In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness. When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

WhatRDJ.gif

I don't see the entire fleet being destroyed. Maybe a lot of them damaged, but I doubt they keep all their starships in one spot. :)

Now that I think about it...i'm wondering if it really means blown up. Maybe like suicider bomber type thing from within the Federation which causes a lot of chaos within the ranks aboard ships perhaps?

Last edited:
Possibly just disabled as well. Gary could do quite a lot of damage.

garymitchell.jpg

Now that I think about it...i'm wondering if it really means blown up. Maybe like suicider bomber type thing from within the Federation which causes a lot of chaos within the ranks aboard ships perhaps?

Based on my experiences at work, maybe a single software upgrade to the network paralyzes every ship in Starfleet, except the Enterprise which, based on the first movie, appears to be a Mac environment.

Thought we might get some crazy alien action this time. We may still though.

Based on my experiences at work, maybe a single software upgrade to the network paralyzes every ship in Starfleet, except the Enterprise which, based on the first movie, appears to be a Mac environment.
This is why the Hype! needs a "Like" button.

There are some which still Klingon ;) to the hope that the villain is going to be Khan. All because Benecio Del Toro was offered a role way back when...

If an already established character is going to be used as a protagonist then it is far more likely to be Gary Mitchell than Khan. Especially given the vague synopsis we now have!

I don't know. I don't see how the synopsis really rules out Khan since I think the language used could just as easily be used to describe him.

Dark Raven said:
Yeah, there's no friendships to be broken with Khan, unless they changed his backstory and made him friends with Kirk, like Clark and Lex in Smallville.

I didn't really take that line to apply to Kirk and whoever the villain is. Plus, considering that this is an alternate universe, there's a good chance that Kirk has never even meet Mitchell in this timeline.

Excited from the synopsis! Explains nothing but intrigues the mind!

I don't know. I don't see how the synopsis really rules out Khan since I think the language used could just as easily be used to describe him.

I didn't really take that line to apply to Kirk and whoever the villain is. Plus, considering that this is an alternate universe, there's a good chance that Kirk has never even meet Mitchell in this timeline.

But could also mean that he does meet him and becomes friends, and unlike the original universe, things happen with Mitchell in a different way. That gives them the chance to do a different take on the story of him acquiring those powers.

I have the theory that this has to do with Tarsus IV somehow. And with Sam Kirk. At least that is what I get out of that synopsis

I have the theory that this has to do with Tarsus IV somehow. And with Sam Kirk. At least that is what I get out of that synopsis

Yeah, it sounds like his brother dies in this, based on that synopsis.

"detonated"?

That sentence is just...:doh:

Yeah, it sounds like his brother dies in this, based on that synopsis.
There could be more to this. A genetically engineered Sam Kirk, brainwashed by Kodos, working as a sleeper agent and destroying starfleet from within...

Didn't Sam Kirk die in the original series too? I think it was in Operation Annihilate if I'm not mistaken.

What if Cumberbatch is playing Finnegan, who was a rival of Kirk's from his Starfleet Academy days? He was a memory of Kirk's in the episode "Shore Leave" and he kept taunting Kirk and getting into fights with him. Granted, he was a more lighthearted character in there, but he could easily be darker in this universe.

Or maybe Lt Commander Ben Finney, from the episode "Court Martial" who faked his own death and had Kirk up on negligence charges.

What if Cumberbatch is playing Finnegan, who was a rival of Kirk's from his Starfleet Academy days? He was a memory of Kirk's in the episode "Shore Leave" and he kept taunting Kirk and getting into fights with him. Granted, he was a more lighthearted character in there, but he could easily be darker in this universe.

Finnegan was awesome, Jimmy Boy!

I would LOVE it if Tarsus IV played a part in the film. This was such a key moment in Kirk's life. I really hope this still happened in this timeline.

But man, whatever it is, I'm excited for it. It sounds like Kirk will be more serious in this film than the last, which I'm hoping for :)

I would LOVE it if Tarsus IV played a part in the film. This was such a key moment in Kirk's life. I really hope this still happened in this timeline.

But man, whatever it is, I'm excited for it. It sounds like Kirk will be more serious in this film than the last, which I'm hoping for :)

I forget what happened there. Is that the gas cloud incident?

I forget what happened there. Is that the gas cloud incident?
It's the planet on which the Kirks lived for a period of time. Kodos, ruler of that planet, basically commited genocide on it's residents.
Kirk is one of the few survivers, the only one who can identify Kodos

It's the planet on which the Kirks lived for a period of time. Kodos, ruler of that planet, basically commited genocide on it's residents.
Kirk is one of the few survivers, the only one who can identify Kodos

Oh, The Conscience of the King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back