Lower Decks Star Trek: Lower Decks - General Discussion Thread

I like the premise as I can get behind it. It's good to see Star Trek animation back on Nickelodeon.

Like the idea of a kids animated Trek... But that particular idea, kids find derelict starship and go toooling around space? I would have to see a trailer first.

this is eerie when I was a kid I used to watch reruns of the original animated Trek on well Nickelodeon wow.

It'd have to be in the realm of like the last Airbender or Korra to really work.

I just saw a TV spot for this.

My first impression was it felt more like The Orville than typical ST (a good thing for my tastes), the 2nd thing I thought when watching the spot is the animation looks almost exactly like Final Space.

I noticed that right off the bat.

‘Star Trek’ Nickelodeon Animated Series Unveils Name + Logo – Comic-Con@Home – Deadline

Set to premiere in 2021 on Nickelodeon, the kids orientated CG-animated series will be called Star Trek: Prodigy I can reveal. Here, as Comic-Con@Home really kicks into gear, is also a first look at the logo for show:

First announced back in April 2019, the series from Trollhunters scribes Kevin and Dan Hageman and overseen by Ramsey Naito, Nick’s Animation Production and Development EVP will follow a group of rebellious teens who commandeer an old Starfleet ship and head off into the universe for adventure and more.

17AC02BB-FEC4-4082-803B-3174DB41F25A.jpeg

I laughed at the clip. I just have a tough time getting excited for this when the Orville already exists.

First episode airs tonight, I'll be checking it out.:yay:

Gotta say I was on the fence ,but I kinda enjoyed the pilot ,thought it was surprisingly endearing.

At least they make an attempt to explain what the heck the "command division" is, for the first time in Star Trek history.

I had some hopes, but that pilot was pretty bland. I thought the point was to be as creative/funny as Rick & Morty but in the Trek Universe. It had a few chuckles here and there, but you're dealing with Star Trek in animation and adult humor and instead play it completely safe. No imagination. Hopefully it gets better.

Which is...?

Just watch the show, they at least try to explain it, though it still doesn't make 100% sense to me (because I'm sure the writers of Star Trek don't have a good explanation for it either).

Just watch the show, they at least try to explain it, though it still doesn't make 100% sense to me (because I'm sure the writers of Star Trek don't have a good explanation for it either).
Considering that I live in the UK...

The voice actors look like their characters (or maybe it's the other way around). I wonder if they'll have cameos on season 2 of Picard.

Really thought I would dislike this but I actually enjoyed the first 2 episodes.

While I liked it, it definitely felt like a watered down Orville rather than Rick and Morty.

Pretty much the same thing I was thinking when I first saw the trailer.

The reason I like Orville is because I find it to be a mostly sincere sci-fi drama. I actually find the dramatic/serious parts better than the comedy, which I find falls flat a lot of the time. But when Orville is being serious and unironic, to me those are the moments I enjoy most in the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"