Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

Just hope O'Brien, DS9 and Wesley make a cameo in this goodbye of a Season Three.

Yes. Wesley needs to be there. Jean-Luc thought of him as a son.

Chancellor Picard probably has lunch with his old friend Professor O'Brien now and then.

I wonder which Romulan faction Sela ended up in: the one that practically venerates Picard, or Oh's group of Tal Shiar extremists. The latter, I expect, but there's reasonable plot justification for a guest appearance by Denise Crosby either way.

Beyond the core cast, Jean-Luc would probably like to talk to Ro again, and she's still alive if the plot says so.

Then there's that awkward moment when Laris meets Vash...

Yay wonderful news! Although -10000 points to the guy on twitter who said “imagine if they all got together again and ping! A cardassian fires a photon torpedo and wipes out the lot” :D:csad:

I know Brent said he will never play Data again but it would be great if we could see him just one last time even if it’s a deepfake flashback

Well, seems like Allison Pill is quite a decent singer and that scene was unexpected. A good episode over all. Interesting to see what Song has been trying to do for years, and that Kore found that out.

Today was a great episode to showcase depression and how it feels to live with it.
With suffering with it myself, you can always feel it there deep down belittling you and second guessing yourself. But as Picard said "Sometimes those who shine the brightest feel the sting of fear and melancholy in ways that others can never understand." Today's episode shows everyone can suffer with depression, some of us never win the battle with it, but it doesn't mean we sit back and give up, it means it makes us more stronger when we fight back. So that one scene alone meant so much, and makes Star Trek what it is: Hopeful.
Picard's coma flashbacks defo gone all Hammer House of Horror, was that a Vampire or a Reman I saw?!
Adam Soong so was a scientist in the Eugenics War wasn't he?!
Borg Queen in Jurati's body gave me Moon Knight vibes with Venom thrown in for good measure, the idea we got a Jurati Queen roaming around 2024 L.A. makes me think this could be the real threat to the future!!!

Can't believe Orla Brady is 61. She looks amazing for her age, like 15 - 20 years younger.

I wonder if that was Allison Pill's actual voice. On her wiki bio it doesn't mention anything about her being a singer. They could've gotten Jeri Ryan singing instead.

If the TNG cast are back next year does this mean the current cast won't be starring anymore? Or are the TNG cast just making a guest appearance?

Can't believe Orla Brady is 61. She looks amazing for her age, like 15 - 20 years younger.

I wonder if that was Allison Pill's actual voice. On her wiki bio it doesn't mention anything about her being a singer. They could've gotten Jeri Ryan singing instead.

If the TNG cast are back next year does this mean the current cast won't be starring anymore? Or are the TNG cast just making a guest appearance?

She’s 61?!! Wow didn’t know, she’s smoking.

Loved that lost shot of
of Agnes marching towards LA
geez this season is so much better than the last season

So apparently is was actually Alison Pill singing in that musical number:

Alison Pill reveals how 'Picard' redefined Star Trek’s scariest villain [Exclusive]
Just in case anyone is confused, yes that is Alison Pill actually singing “Shadows of the Night” in Star Trek: Picard. Pill is a multitalented performer and has plenty of experience singing as well as playing musical instruments. She even taught herself drums for 2010’s Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and sings on that movie’s soundtrack, too. For Picard, she confirms she recorded the song before filming.

Yes. Wesley needs to be there. Jean-Luc thought of him as a son.

Someone on another forum said Wheaton doesn't want to play Wesley anymore. Don't know how true that is.

(Re: 2x07)

In "Time's Arrow", Jean-Luc had the opportunity to warn Guinan about the destruction of her civilization. He didn't, and she carried a torch for him even after her people fell to the Borg.

Now Jean-Luc has a chance to warn Talinn/Laris about the destruction of Romulus. He presumably won't, and she'll have a romantic interest in him even after she realizes that he could have saved billions of her people. In addition, Picard even has another chance to warn Guinan.

The Temporal Prime Directive is a fine principle, intellectually, but interpersonal relationships aren't that robust.

This last episode wasn't all that interesting. It was like one of these filler bottle episodes of TNG.

I'm anticipating that next week will be a similar type of plot like when Chekov was captured in The Voyage Home and was interrogated.

I'm anticipating that next week will be a similar type of plot like when Chekov was captured in The Voyage Home and was interrogated.
In The Crossing, Jay Karnes played a character with hidden depths, so I'm expecting Wells to be more than an FBI agent. Maybe there's more than one "Assignment: Earth" agency.

In The Crossing, Jay Karnes played a character with hidden depths, so I'm expecting Wells to be more than an FBI agent. Maybe there's more than one "Assignment: Earth" agency.

Agent Wells > Wells-Class Timeship/Starship > USS Relativity > Ducane?!!

I know he just casted as an FBI Agent but can you imagine if he was truly Ducane uncover?!

A geeky guy can dream.

Feeling like Charlie Kelly in it’s Always Sunny with his “Pepe Silvia” chart.

Agent Wells > Wells-Class Timeship/Starship > USS Relativity > Ducane?!!

I know he just casted as an FBI Agent but can you imagine if he was truly Ducane uncover?!

I like that. The writers must know that the laws of narrativium say they can't name him Wells if there's no connection.

PfRruzS.jpg

^Somebody clue me in. Referencing some other show, I take it?

Battlestar Galactica, 2003/4. A reference to Cylon Number Six, Tricia Helfer, who almost certainly was a riff on Seven.

Oh, okay. I still haven't seen Battlestar, except for the pilot episode/movie way back when it first aired, and maybe a random ep or two. Couldn't place the actor playing the shrink, but he was vaguely familiar.

Tbh, when watching this episode I first went: That dude sure looks like Baltar in Battlestar Galactica but not sure; Shouldn't he look at least a bit older almost 20 years later? After confirmation I realised he's got genes I wish I had lol. And of course Jeri Ryan is a stunning wonder still today.

Could be worse, I saw someone mistake him for Alexander Siddig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"