Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

New Admiral Picard Uniform from STAR TREK: PICARD Production Unveiled at Destination Star Trek Convention • TrekCore.com

EHuykIBXYAIPTHJ

picard-adm-uni-01.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting, will this be part of a flashback (likely that battle scene with those diamond shaped war birds?)
Or is this just hanging in a closet?

Last edited:
Maybe Picard had a child with Anij (ST: Insurrection) that we'll find out about in this show. Maybe Picard got it on with Donatra at the end of ST: Nemesis. Maybe Picard rekindled his relationship with Vash at some point after her return from the Gamma Quadrant.

The answer to your three questions: yes. Concurrently, yes.

CBS must really believe in the show to give it a 2nd season before the 1st even premieres.

Right now this is the only new show they have coming with any buzz besides The Stand. Seems like good faith second season renewals for properties that have some sort of established fanbase is also the norm.

Interesting very loose recurring parallels between the four main new rogue crew members of La Sirena.
and the characters of Gene Roddenberry's original 1964 StarTrek pitch:
Side by side bellow.

EMWrUq9WwAMPVXB

0RSlwLj.jpg

(Obviously the description of "Number one became Majel Barrett's character in the pilot ep, then for the series some aspects went to the revamped Spock, and the "Dark...Nile Valley" aspect to Uhura, although as per the new series set up she is his new #1 in Raffi Musiker:

The navigator José Ortega was dropped, (interesting (to me) Roddenberry envisioned a latino lead in the first crew in 1964, yet the studio didn't actually bring it about till over 30 years after with arguably Chakotay and B'elanna). For the new series Chris Rios.

Continued: The emotional Spock with "catlike curiosity over anything alien" which we first saw in the pilot, was obviously dropped and Spock was instead merged with the personality of the removed Number One. Yet the Emotional" and somewhat curious catlike Vulcans would be the Romulans, see Elnor in the new series.

And the Yeoman "colt" pretty much appeared as is in the pilot, only visually similar to Agnes Jurati.

These four "new" rogue crew members seem to be a somewhat re-purposed throwbacks to Roddenberry's 4 original crew pitch.
Coincidence? :

Last edited:
Michelle Hurd is boring. Why does she keep showing up everywhere?

Anyone else reading IDW's Star Trek: Picard — Countdown #1 prequel comic?

Takes place in "2385" some time between the end of Star Trek: Nemesis (I guess the last place we saw Picard) and several years before the events of the upcoming Picard series.
Starfleet and the Romulan Empire know that a supernova is going to explode (Krypton style) and the Romulans have to begrudgingly accept Starfleet’s aid, in evacuating endangered planets throughout Romulan space.
Planets which until now have been very secretive, closely guarded, and off-limits to Starfleet.

Picard now Admiral , who the Romulans recognized (and trust) as the hero who overthrew the usurper Shinzon, is allowed to lead an evacuation mission, as commander of the USS Verity NCC-97000
And his first officer is Raffi Musiker’s (the character being played by Michelle Hurd).
This is where we first meet her.

jMsgkFy.jpg

Dtmyz3H.jpg

lEO2GXh.jpg

d8JQFRb.jpg

The crew of the Enterprise; Riker, Geordi, etc, are all in command of their own ships.
Picard and Raffi who calls him "J.L.", beam down to the secretive Romulan planet, to help begin the Romulan evacuation.
Turns out there is a whole other native species, who occupy the planet, who the Romulan's neglected to mention and were not included in the evacuation plans.
This is a planet Romulans once "colonized" and the natives who the romulans dismiss as part of the flora and fauna who should die with the planet, are pretty much treated as slaves in what are essentially Romulan vineyards local to the planet. .
Of course upon this discovery, Picard and Raffi now have other plans, and it leads to ...I won't spoil,

Yet I imagine by the end this schism and Picard and Raffi's unwillingness to cooperate and siding with the native population, is what in part leads to Picard's falling out with Star Fleet,
Also sets up what we see in the trailer, why he recruits Raffi, and why there are two Romulans (likely sympathizers) working in his own vineyards.

It's been a while since I read a Trek comic, I actually like the set-up, and it felt like a legit episode, And Picard is well written and reads true to his character.

Not sure how significant it will be to the upcoming series, and haven't picked up the #2nd yet, but I am looking forward to see where it goes.
Anyone else reading it?

I also really like the new uniforms. And the look of the new ships.

Apparently it's a 4 issue mini series,

ST_Picard02-pr-1.jpg

Last edited:
"Trek Central on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/cqpc6cT4u8</a></p>&mdash; Trek Central (@TheTrekCentral) <a href=""

Picard: I was haunted by my past, ...but now I have a mission.

Flash back or dream vision to Enterprise-D 10-Forward.

Last edited:
2019-10-05%2B19.40.09.png

2019-10-05%2B19.41.10.png

star-trek-picard-first-look-hugh-jonathan-del-arco.jpg

I am Hugh-man?

I, Borg's Jonathan Del Arco aka "I Am Hugh", clearer publicity shot, how he will appear de-Borg'ed (like Jeri Rian 7) on the show.

I like the different eye color. Makes sense as it conveys one might have had to get replaced to work with, or still holds remnant borg-cybernetics.

Last edited:
EGS0h_bW4AIfIJR.jpg

tdm6nraye2h31.jpg

Picard era Starfleet insignia Comm badge

Last edited:
QUOTE="Mondragon,

No idea what it supposed to be showing, but I like it.

Last edited:
I like the different eye color. Makes sense as it conveys one might have had to get replaced to work with, or still holds remnant borg-cybernetics.
Whilst it’s not a bad look, as it serves a purpose, there’s no realistic reason anyone in the 24th Century wouldn’t be able to get a matching new eye; seven got one, Martok was offered one, and those events vastly predate this series.

there’s no realistic reason anyone in the 24th Century wouldn’t be able to get a matching new eye;.
?
\
S4GhdgJ.jpg

Also... (as per Bowie, Mila Kunis, Ghost-eye dogs and the like, could be natural)
there’s no realistic reason ...
Same reason Seven still has Borg implants, maybe some implants couldn't be removed entirely without causing permanent damage, or their bodies conditioned to them, still need them to function.
Like her irremovable implants his may still run through his eye, and could not be removed.

star-trek-picard-seven-of-nine-e1564785423377.jpg

Last edited:
CBS must really believe in the show to give it a 2nd season before the 1st even premieres.
Announcing these early renewals is a marketing gimmick. The network wants to make the average viewer think this means the show is good and the studio is confident. But they still have the option to cancel if season 1 is a flop.

Announcing these early renewals is a marketing gimmick. The network wants to make the average viewer think this means the show is good and the studio is confiden.
Except the studio didn't make this public "announcement" did they? Seems that is something being inferred or made up by people.
The article and click bait headline being referenced, is spun from an apparent application for potential tax credits which can be done yes in anticipation of a further season, or even if not renewed.
The article makes good speculation based on that.
But it's not the studio making an "announcement". Who even refused to comment. If you actually read the article.
So how is this now spun into their marketing gimmick? When they made no such announcement?
Announcing these early renewals is a marketing gimmick.
?

Last edited:
The last, best hope? If they end up traveling through the multiverse only to wind up stuck on Babylon 6, some eye rolling is going to take place. :p

Another NFL spot; a few new shots. Including a clear view of the Picard era uniform & comm badge officer Vulcan or Romulan?). More Deanna Troi , new allie (girl with arrow quiver)? Hugh, Dahj and Picard fleeing, Picard arrested by Romulans? And shooting one of those armored intruders.

Last edited:

a few new shots. Including ... officer Vulcan or Romulan?).

picard-20191229-nfl-teaser-00006.jpg

Re: Vulcan/Romulan, piecing these disparate shots together, the yellow collar suggests it's her doing the mind-meld.

3ky76s.gif

picard-20191220-trailer-00008.jpg

And apparently she (likely Vulcan/ rather than Romulan (don't know that Roms can do mind-melds?) is played by Tamlyn Tomita. (once of Karate Kid fame :cwink:

tumblr_orh27oqyX41wrhkklo1_400.gifv

9194c4df8d130ca56c14c902cb09c8f7.jpg

Last edited:
I think she’ll be a Romulan. Vulcans and Romulans share an ancestry, and it wouldn’t surprise me if everyone (viewers and Picardo crew) simply assume she’s Vulcan, only for the twist to be that she’s a Romulan that’s able to meld.

I don’t know why, or whether it’s intentional, but the ears shout Romulan to me. More curved, less pointy.

the ears shout Romulan to me. More curved, less pointy.
?
Used to tell from the brow ridge, although that seems to have vanished again? Not sure what the facial distinction is now?
These are apparently all Romulans. Are the ears that distinguishable different from Vulcan's as you say?

rgqlml4pjokviydvj66v.png

screen-shot-2019-07-26-at-6.19.28-pm-e1564192376984.png

main-qimg-e7532c1ac76d5c93e42d00c52f55a528

D_8y82jXsAExr6y.jpg

star-trek-picard-evan-alison-patrick-600x314.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"