Strange New Worlds Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - General Discussion Thread

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
Not that this is a series that's been green-lit or anything, but I think it's safe to say that everyone who's watched Discovery will agree that Anson's portrayal of the Enterprise Captain, in addition to Ethan Peck's Spock, and Rebecca Romijn as Number One were on form, and the design of the Enterprise herself was (mostly) favourable.

We've got those Short Trek's, but does anyone actually think we may get a Pike show? There's gotta be enough interest for it, and it would (seem) a waste to have all the visuals and set pieces made and at the ready if only for a single season. The USS Discovery herself is now some 900 years in the future, so it's not like Pike, Spock and the Enterprise can just show up and cameo again.

If there aren't a group of people within CBS who don't make this so, I feel they're missing a huge opportunity. His DIS appearance was in 2257, his accident isn't until the late 2260's, so at the very most we could get ten seasons out of the show.
  • Flashback episodes with Pike serving under Robert April
  • The opportunity to see TOS Tholians in action (they were referenced in one of the short treks)
  • An introduction of additional ship personal, or species such as M'Ress and the Caitian
  • Keeping characters such as Tyler and L'rell valid
  • A Black Ops/Section 31 arc featuring the Romulans (I wouldn't mind seeing a remastered TOS Warbird)
  • More Klingons and their lovely Battlecruisers; maybe some remastered Birds of Prey too (they were around in the ENT series which, despite some viewer preferences, are canon)
  • Opportunities to further explore ENT species, like the Denobulan, Tellarite, Andorian (in more detail) and Xindi

Well, that thread title got my hopes up only to bring them crashing down.

I would like to see Airiam revived and used in a Pike series.

The short treks are the closest thing for a Pike series.

If this ever does happen and I really want it to...

One thing has to occur.

Stop making Ethan wear that £1.99 Halloween Spock wig...!

It's happening

Captain Pike, Mr. Spock and Number One are officially getting their own series.

The trio of characters played by Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn, and Ethan Peck – respectively – were introduced (in their current iterations) during season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery. They will return to CBS All Access with their own show titled Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.

The series will follow the crew in the decade before Captain Kirk boarded the U.S.S. Enterprise, as they explore new worlds around the galaxy.

Finally, a Star Trek announcement that makes me happy... \o/

Please give Ethan a proper Spock haircut and not a rubbish wig... :yay:
And please change those collars... :D

Give me a hell yeah!!!

Here’s hoping for some Tholian, Andorian, Denobulan, Xindi and maybe even a black ops Romulan focused episode.

Last edited:
I’m afraid I do not have that power.

“I just canny do it captain.”
As the creator of the thread, you should be able. Check under "thread tools." ;nd

Plenty of stories to do before Kirk's time. They could draw from the novels or the Early Voyages comics.

-Spock and Dr. Leila Kalomi
-Revisit the Cage from Yeoman Colt's point of view.
-Possible history between Harry Mudd and Cyrano Jones
-No Romulans, but the savage pre-logic Vulcans.
-Vulcan's Glory
-How Zefram Cochrane went from the 21st Century to the 23rd Century (The Federation novel, where Kirk's Enterprise meets Picard's Enterprise. Have Pike's Enterprise meet Archer's Enterprise NX-01 in the singularity and have Zefram Cochrane jump from Archer's Enterprise to Pike's Enterprise.)
-Yeoman Mia Colt time traveling to the alternate future, where Kirk is freighter captain.

I would like for Spock to say these words:
Space, The Final Frontier. Before James T. Kirk and Jean-Luc Picard, there was Christopher Pike. These were the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. It's five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before.

Last edited:
As the creator of the thread, you should be able. Check under "thread tools."
Apparently I can do it. I was on the phone last night and didn't have access to thread tools, but the browser route through the laptop has enabled me to make it so. ;)

Plenty of stories to do before Kirk's time.
I'm sure there are an abundance of stories they could tell, but at the same time, I'd love something fresh.

I know TNG & DS9 dealt a lot with the Romulan Star Empire, but DSC didn't touch on them at all, and they had but a single appearance (if memory serves) on both ENT and VOY. I wouldn't mind a couple of episodes in SNW(?) that features them; maybe similar to how the Klingons appeared in ENT? One of those off the book missions that the Enterprise finds itself on, and we'd get to see that PIC style Bird of Prey in action again.

We obviously know of three cast members from the get-go too, but I'm really hoping here that we'll get some interesting non human characters, similar to Saru. If we're lucky, we'll finally get to see M'Ress in live action as an ensign on communications or something? As much as Trek is about exploring, there's so much left barely touched. If they're going to build a crew, or at least a core set of characters, lets have a Caitian, an Andorian, maybe another Saurian.

I don't particularly desire to see another new alien that we've never even heard about before. :eek: Especially when there are already so many species within the Federation that they can draw from.

Granted the likes of a Caitian and/or Saurian may take a bit to do in the cosmetics department, but if they need simplicity, then an Andorian, Deltan, or maybe even a Rigelian shouldn't be that difficult to pull off, rather than a bridge full of humans and one half Vulcan.

-How Zefram Cochrane went from the 21st Century to the 23rd Century (The Federation novel, where Kirk's Enterprise meets Picard's Enterprise. Have Pike's Enterprise meet Archer's Enterprise NX-01 in the singularity and have Zefram Cochrane jump from Archer's Enterprise to Pike's Enterprise.)
-Yeoman Mia Colt time traveling to the alternate future, where Kirk is freighter captain.
I wouldn't mind seeing Zefram Cochrane again, but no NX-01 please. We had enough time travel with Discovery's S2 to last a life time.

I would like for Spock to say these words: Space, The Final Frontier. Before James T. Kirk and Jean-Luc Picard, there was Christopher Pike. These were the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. It's five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before.
I would personally like for Spock to say nothing of the sort. :p

The opening credits to this show need to be less DSC and more TOS/TNG, but I'm fine without the opening speech.

I just read this somewhere on the Interwebs...

“Best thing is, that since fans really wanted this, and they're giving it to us, there's not going to be any pointless *****ing about the show!”

I’m like... :D
It’s the Internet, of course someone is going to complain... Nerdrotic and Midnights Edge come to mind immediately! :whatever:

I would like for Spock to say these words:
Space, The Final Frontier. Before James T. Kirk and Jean-Luc Picard, there was Christopher Pike. These were the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. It's five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before.

If they do the opening monologue I want it to be the exact one from TOS and it has to be the captain reciting...
“Man” can still be used as it has always been meant to be short for “mankind”. :yay:

If they do the opening monologue I want it to be the exact one from TOS and it has to be the captain reciting...
“Man” can still be used as it has always been meant to be short for “mankind”.
Should Star Trek be about mankind though? Last I checked, the Federation wasn't about humanity.

Nice. At least it will look like a Star Trek show (unlike Picard which I don't find very interesting).
I never thought I'd think this, because I grew up with TNG, but I actually prefer DSC over PIC at the moment. Granted DSC picked up on it's second season, so maybe PIC will do the same, but at the moment, DSC gets my vote over the two shows.

Enough with the freakin prequels and back stories.

So happy Pike gets his own show. For me, he was the highlight of Discovery S2.

I don't love the title "Strange New Worlds"... but we get a Pike series so I'll let it pass.

Enough with the freakin prequels and back stories.
No. :p

The way I look at this series, it's taking us back to where Star Trek started; the TOS era with all it's magic and mystery, but with modern special effects and a bigger budget. There's things this show can do for Trek as a whole that TOS simply couldn't.

DSC was the start of Trek rejuvenation, PIC was another step (although I'm not sure where they're going with that next season). SNW has stories to tell, new and old. I wouldn't mind seeing another Constitution or two pop up at some point either; preferably one of the ships we haven't seen before. Maybe we could meet the Yorktown, Valiant or Endeavour?

All prequels do Is give you the chance to F up what has already been established.

I wish they can bring in Airiam, who had boatloads of potential.

A slight bump, because recently I purchased myself a 1:1000 scale Disco-style Constitution Class for building, painting and lighting. Naturally it comes with the Enterprise decals, but I'm probably going to christen it under a different name.

In any case, if we get to see a second Constitution Class during the Strange New Worlds run, does anyone have preferences to whether it's a ship we already know of, or a brand new name?

I doubt we'll be seeing the Defiant or Constitution itself, but there's room for the likes of the Potemkin, Intrepid, Excalibur etc

I've always welcomed the showcasing of sister ships to the flagships, be that the Galaxy Class in VOY, or another Intrepid in DS9.

If this ever does happen and I really want it to...

One thing has to occur.

Stop making Ethan wear that £1.99 Halloween Spock wig...!

Admittedly even Zachary Quinto looks like he's wearing a Halloween Spock wig, especially in Star Trek Beyond. When him and McCoy are on that planet and he's injured, his wig looks so bulky and ill fitting. Also nearly all Vulcans since the original series have rather bad wigs. They ought to fix that.

Leonard Nimoy looked more like real hair that had been combed into that style (probably because it was). Saavik of course didn't even have Vulcan hair but wore her hair like a human. Tuvok clearly had his own African American hair. And T'Pol's wig wasn't too bad, maybe because it was brown, which is unusual for a Vulcan as they always have black hair. But every other Vulcan has looked bad. It needs to look less like some kind of helmet on someone's head.

A slight bump, because recently I purchased myself a 1:1000 scale Disco-style Constitution Class for building, painting and lighting. Naturally it comes with the Enterprise decals, but I'm probably going to christen it under a different name.

In any case, if we get to see a second Constitution Class during the Strange New Worlds run, does anyone have preferences to whether it's a ship we already know of, or a brand new name?

I doubt we'll be seeing the Defiant or Constitution itself, but there's room for the likes of the Potemkin, Intrepid, Excalibur etc

I've always welcomed the showcasing of sister ships to the flagships, be that the Galaxy Class in VOY, or another Intrepid in DS9.

Do post your completed Enterprise here when you've finished. Or even work in progress pics, as that will be interesting to see. I'm sure the lighting must be pretty difficult to do.

Last edited:
Do post your completed Enterprise here when you've finished. Or even work in progress pics, as that will be interesting to see. I'm sure the lighting must be pretty difficult to do.
I've only had it two weeks, and I've barely opened the box (just to make sure it's all there really).

I have purchased the paints, sprays and a paint brush for those finer details. I'll probably make an actual start on it early next week because of the holidays. The light kit is essentially pre-set, all I've got to do is follow the placement instructions and it's practically plug and play, though (having read a few reviews about it) it might not quite be as easy as I expect.

Trial and error...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"