General Trek Talk STAR TREK to be LUCAS-ISED

Gamma Ray said:
trekcgienterprise.jpg

[URL="http://tvguide.com/News/Insider/"]http://tvguide.com/News/Insider/[/URL]
The Enterprise looks so good in this shot. I am happy they are doing this, because the effects will now be in snyc with Enterprise. I also hear that they plan to update the effects on TNG. Damn, their gonna make me buy all those shows again!:yellow: And to all those dissing the upgrade I ask a simple question...WHY?! I mean all of the unaltered shows are already on DVD. The show airs on G4 and now on TV Land! Ah Ha, Trekkies unite!

lucky for me, I havent bought them yet...

enterthemadness said:
Well, the guy says he's just completeing his vision of star wars...while at the same time pissing off millions of fans. Han shot first? New CGI? Yuck.

Who gives a crap who shot first? Really and hes trying to make look better and add things he wanted to use. Its stupid the anger towards the whole cgi arguement. Find another way then.

All I'm saying is...I hope they don't do the same thing to the older Doctor Who adventures. :o

Caliber said:
Who gives a crap who shot first? Really and hes trying to make look better and add things he wanted to use. Its stupid the anger towards the whole cgi arguement. Find another way then.

The "Han shot first" argument is one I can agree with. Han Solo (in that film) was a rogue character. He doesn't wait to be shot at, he shoots first, or he's dead. That's the character of Han Solo. He doesn't wait for people hunting him to take the first shot.

Lucas said he didn't want Han to look that "cold-blooded" after 20 years (I believe he said that, I can't recall all of what he actually said.) So they tweaked it to make Greedo shoot first and have Han claim self-defense...then in the DVD's, they have them shoot at the same time and have Han do a weird film-jump neck-twitch. I just wish they would make up their minds about the whole thing...

Emerald Knight said:
All I'm saying is...I hope they don't do the same thing to the older Doctor Who adventures. :o

I would buy all the DVD sets if they did that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"