Star Wars 1313

Dark_Lord

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
I'm editing the first post since the game has been officially announced. Hopefully we'll also be able to change the title.

14944414081565604265913.jpg

Official Site
Official Facebook Page

Calling all Bounty Hunters! Star Wars 1313 ™ is a brand new mature videogame franchise set in a never-before-seen world, the most dangerous place in the Star Wars ™ galaxy. Level 1313 is a dark, vast subterranean metropolis beneath the surface of the planet Coruscant where the criminal underworld thrives. A third person action adventure game, players will take on the role of a lethal bounty hunter navigating through this ruthless world in a high-octane thrill ride.

Star Wars 1313 will feature epic action adventure game play including exotic weaponry and gadgets that bounty hunters depend on for survival. In addition, the game will feature a combination of agile cover-based combat, epic platforming and seamless playable cinematic game play. Players will experience awe-inspiring and action-packed cinematic sequences, constantly staying engaged through the threat, pressure and tension of this criminal underworld.

In a fully integrated game development approach,LucasArtsis bringing in top artistic and technical talent from all parts of the Lucasfilm organization, including Industrial Light & Magic, Skywalker Sound and Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. Through shared tools and technologies while using the Unreal engine as a foundation, the teams are able to create a more emotional and visceral connection between the game and the player. With cutting edge full body performance capture, high-end Hollywood visual effects techniques and leveraging Lucasfilm talent across the board, Star Wars 1313 promises to deliver a completely immersive experience set in a brand new mature Star Wars world.

and from another press release

LucasArts, a Lucasfilm Ltd. company, announced today a new internally developed videogame franchise, Star Wars 1313 ™. The game will make its formal debut at the 2012 Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles June 5-7. As players take control of a lethal bounty hunter in a never-before-seen dark and mature world, Star Wars 1313 introduces an integrated development approach by bringing together great artists across the Lucasfilm organization, including LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. and Skywalker Sound. A third person cinematic action adventure game, Star Wars 1313 will bring to life the Coruscant underworld, the most dangerous place in the Star Wars™ galaxy.

Named for Level 1313, a ruthless criminal underground deep below the surface of the planet of Coruscant, the game puts players in control of a deadly bounty hunter as he uses an arsenal of exotic weaponry to hunt down his marks and uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy. Star Wars 1313 emphasizes epic set pieces and fast-paced combat with a hero who uses human skills and gadgets, rather than supernatural Force powers, to make his way through this dangerous world.

“We’re excited to share one of the projects LucasArts has been hard at work developing,” said Paul Meegan, President, LucasArts. “Star Wars 1313 dives into a part of the Star Wars mythos that we’ve always known existed, but never had a chance to visit. We are committed to bringing the best gameplay experience and visual fidelity to life and I truly believe the work we are showcasing at E3 will speak for itself.”

Last edited:
Battlefront III or bust!

I guess not, because it's a new franchise, but I'd be there day-one for something along the lines of Battlefront I and II.

Hope it's something cool like the Jedi Knight games.

Thoughts?

I think it's probably going to be a "cinematic" action-adventure game like Uncharted.

Some sort of action RPG/space sim hybrid where you play as a smuggler. Basically imagine something like Mass Effect, except less linear and with a lot more stuff to do in space.

I think it's probably going to be a "cinematic" action-adventure game like Uncharted.

Probably.

Some sort of action RPG/space sim hybrid where you play as a smuggler. Basically imagine something like Mass Effect, except less linear and with a lot more stuff to do in space.

That would be awesome. An open world Smuggler game was one of their pre-TFU ideas for a game. You could create your own Smuggler, get your own ship, customize it and have your own crew. It included an open-ended mission structure, smuggling runs, starship raids, attacks against the Empire and of course, space combat (among other things).

Would you guys prefer to play as a Jedi/Sith, or would something like a bounty hunter/smuggler/trooper interest you more? During the TFU concept it seemed that LucasArts was actually afraid of creating a non Jedi game and/or a game taking place too far away from the movies. I love playing as a Jedi/Sith, but I'd definitely like to try something else. A setting before, or after the saga would also be nice.

The rumor based on the LucasFilm registration of StarWars1313 is that it's a Boba Fett game, since Fett used the code CT-1313 at some point. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's one of their in-house developed games and will be using the Unreal Engine 3 since they licensed it from Epic last year.

Depeding on the type of game, I'd like it if it had co-op and/or multiplayer. We don't actually have a good Star Wars game with multiplayer this gen.

Great article and sure makes me curious whats it is,Can't wait for E3!!

An open world Smuggler game was one of their pre-TFU ideas for a game.

Another one of their ideas was a game where you play as a wookie superhero or something weird like that. :hehe:

Would you guys prefer to play as a Jedi/Sith, or would something like a bounty hunter/smuggler/trooper interest you more?

I would be happy with anything that isn't a Jedi or Sith. It's not that I don't like them, I just feel like they are tremendously overrepresented in all Star Wars media. Disproportionately so.

Yeah I like playing as both a Jedi&Sith But I'd love having the options to play as different types of characters!

Would you guys prefer to play as a Jedi/Sith, or would something like a bounty hunter/smuggler/trooper interest you more? During the TFU concept it seemed that LucasArts was actually afraid of creating a non Jedi game and/or a game taking place too far away from the movies. I love playing as a Jedi/Sith, but I'd definitely like to try something else. A setting before, or after the saga would also be nice.

I prob won't play it if its anything other than a Jedi/Sith game(unless its another Rogue Squadron type game). The Jedi/Sith are far and away the best thing to ever come out of that franchise so controlling anyone else is pretty much a let down. Lightsaber > any other weapon in the Star Wars universe.

Maybe they will finally make KOTOR 3 ? After the failure that is The Old Republic. Who knows right ? But it will more then likely be some Kinect crap

I'm fearful it will be another failed attempt at making a great Star Wars game.

Wish it was Battlefront III :(
Anyway, the smuggler idea sounds cool, and I agree that there are just way too many Jedi around. But I've only played like two good Star Wars games, so my hopes aren't exactly high for this. We shall see...

I'm hoping it's a KOTOR-style RPG..........but that's probably wishful thinking.

I'm hoping it's a KOTOR-style RPG..........but that's probably wishful thinking.

After KOTOR I & II, I always hoped they'd do something similar but set in the OT or PT (preferably OT)......

......I love playing as Jedi and Sith characters...but wouldn't mind a Republic Commando type game focusing on a squad of Imperials or Rebels...mostly...I just want a new game set in the OT...

A KOTR style game set in within one of the trilogies or even soon after the OT would be f'n awesome!

I'd like to see a trilogy set just after RotJ. Something that combines the best of openworld rpg and structured story-driven games.

IF they do a game trilogy after the OT then maybe they can use elements from the expanded universe in novels&comics like..The Emperor is still alive/Bobba Fett lives/Luke makes a new Jedi temple and train new people with potential of the force/Leia&Han gets married&has kids/Luke falls in love with a dark side chick and later they marry&have a daughter!?

Your character&story happens to be going on when that happens and that stuff is just referenced!

IF they do a game trilogy after the OT then maybe they can use elements from the expanded universe in novels&comics like..The Emperor is still alive/Bobba Fett lives/Luke makes a new Jedi temple and train new people with potential of the force/Leia&Han gets married&has kids/Luke falls in love with a dark side chick and later they marry&have a daughter!?

Your character&story happens to be going on when that happens and that stuff is just referenced!

Looking at different series set after the OT...

...I'd like to see the Legacy comic series, the Thrawn Trilogy, or Dark Empire series in video game form

:jedi

IMO, making a post-OT game with the Emperor kinda defeats the purpose of making a game set after Return of the Jedi. I certainly wouldn't mind a game based off of the Thrawn series like Hellion said.

an EU game set after ROTJ would be sick. i just want to play as either Luke or Han. that's what i most liked about the game from the 90s, is that you would play as them in most of the games.

Yeah, an Original Trilogy Game where you take control of Luke and Han in a cinematic Uncharted-like action adventure would pretty much knock my socks off.

What about a game where you play all the big events in both trilogies?,Like Matrix:path of Neo&Lego Star Wars:The Complete Saga..But cinematic like as mentioned Uncharted??

After playing Red Dead Redemption, why not a a Bounty Hunter or Smuggler themed game set on Tatooine...every time I play Red Dead I picture myself playing as Han or Boba.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"