Stand-Alone Movies Star Wars Anthology Film II - The Replacement Director Awakens

You will pardon me if I have a hard time blaming Kinber at all in this. Trank fit the profile of directors she was looking for. Hell, he was in a similar position as Gareth Edwards. While Kinberg may have fought for him, if the woman who got Steven Spielburg to argue her case to JJ didn't want Trank, he would never have gotten the position.

Besides, the spin offs are where the directors are supposed to bring a bit more differences than the main Episodes.

You will pardon me if I have a hard time blaming Kinber at all in this. Trank fit the profile of directors she was looking for. Hell, he was in a similar position as Gareth Edwards. While Kinberg may have fought for him, if the woman who got Steven Spielburg to argue her case to JJ didn't want Trank, he would never have gotten the position.

Besides, the spin offs are where the directors are supposed to bring a bit more differences than the main Episodes.
Whether she wanted him or not, the guy clearly is a problem and needs to go. Probably would already be gone if his exit wouldn't ruin his career.

Whether she wanted him or not, the guy clearly is a problem and needs to go. Probably would already be gone if his exit wouldn't ruin his career.

The guy has gotten the opportunity to direct Fantastic Four and Star Wars. Most would kill for that opportunity and yet he apparently gets the flu right before a presentation and doesn't even inform them until they come after him and trashes homes during filming. Talk about ungrateful.

The guy has gotten the opportunity to direct Fantastic Four and Star Wars. Most would kill for that opportunity and yet he apparently gets the flu right before a presentation and doesn't even inform them until they come after him and trashes homes during filming. Talk about ungrateful.
I get that it is a disease, but keeping him in work isn't going to help him. This is just like Orci, though Trank at least has talent.

Sounds like Kinberg should stop fighting for him already.
No doubt. I am hoping that is the case, though if the do fire him, they will probably wait until a more low profile moment. Say it has to do with creative differences or some BS lie that.

Sounds like Kinberg should stop fighting for him already.

My impression is that, I think Trank had personal talks with Kinberg, and Kinberg probably had sympathy for him. Knowing that Trank is talented despite his inner demons, maybe he just stood up for him.

But now I think it's time to let Trank go, if he IS a problem.

I get that it is a disease, but keeping him in work isn't going to help him. This is just like Orci, though Trank at least has talent.

I sympathize with the addiction aspect, but I'm just baffled by how he manages to get employed with how he behaves.

Yeah, Snow Queen and I have the same thought process: People would kill to be in Trank's position and he's pooping on it. POOP EVERYWHERE. on the ceiling of his house, I bet!

I do feel sympathy for anyone facing addiction issues.
As do I. It is not easy.

I sympathize with the addiction aspect, but I'm just baffled by how he manages to get employed with how he behaves.
He has talent. Legit talent. Even the potentially horrible FF film looks good and that is down to him.

As do I. It is not easy.

He has talent. Legit talent.

He's done one film, we'll have to see if that was a fluke or not. Fantastic Four isn't looking so good...

He's done one film, we'll have to see if that was a fluke or not. Fantastic Four isn't looking so good...
One film or not, he showed a lot of talent in that film. And while I think FF will be a disaster still, he has at least made it look good imo.

There is still so much time before the work on his movie really begins, though. Kennedy may be giving him a window to clean up his act.

Although it is entirely possible that they didn't want him there. Trank does not have the best record when dealing with questions/fans.

FF looks good. But the issue is that it doesn't look like a good FF film.

That's not an excuse and it was very last minute. The banners still had his name on it. If he didn't want to do, he would've made that decision days ago.

This was a last minute thing, and I don't know how sick you can be to not show up with the friggin' CEO of Lucasfilm. If you have the flu, you still go unless you're covered in vomit.

Fantastic Four looks fine. My issue with it is that, it was said it was shot in New Orleans right? I kinda got that vibe because there's like only 1 exterior shot with Teller in the city. Everything else is shot in front of a green screen, or in that closed off science facility. So the movie feels clausticphobic and small.

Fantastic Four looks fine. My issue with it is that, it was said it was shot in New Orleans right? I kinda got that vibe because there's like only 1 exterior shot with Teller in the city. Everything else is shot in front of a green screen, or in that closed off science facility. So the movie feels clausticphobic and small.

It looks almost like a bottle episode on a TV show, limited locations to keep the budget cheap so Fox can retain the rights without spending too much.

I feel that there are a lot of addicts in Hollywood and probably every job. I sympathize with that even if they are high functioning.

But Trank should just go get help if it's true because it seems to be affecting his work.

There is still so much time before the work on his movie really begins, though. Kennedy may be giving him a window to clean up his act.

Although it is entirely possible that they didn't want him there. Trank does not have the best record when dealing with questions/fans.

FF looks good. But the issue is that it doesn't look like a good FF film.

If she is hoping he will beat his addiction soon she's being naive. If it's a serious addiction then he isn't going to beat it in a year nor while working on a large film. Directing a film involves 10-16 hour work days and lots of exhaustion. So he is going to be extremely tired and constantly thinking, "a bump would make me feel better. Just a little one what can it hurt? It will give me energy." He'd have to be babysit while the production is going on. He has talent but he isn't that talented. If it was Scorsese or Spielberg I'd say babysit him cause it's worth it, but with Trank it just seems like more trouble than it's worth.

If they don't fire him tho my sympathies go out to the Lucasfilm Story group cause Trank is probably going to try to run that show and do his own thing. It's probably going to be a constant battle.

Fire both of them I say if thats what it takes

If they don't fire him tho my sympathies go out to the Lucasfilm Story group cause Trank is probably going to try to run that show and do his own thing. It's probably going to be a constant battle.

No sympathies here, They now know what they are dealing with. They need to tell Kinberg ****. Or he gets fired with his buddy & Trank should have realized before signing the contract. That Disney would never give him complete control. Disney is in charge & not Kinberg or Trank. Kinberg should worry about his own job. Disney would never let Trank cast Michael B. Jordan as a young Han Solo for example. He'd be fired just for making that suggestion I'd hope

Last edited:
MSW has put up an article about the code names for the upcoming Anthology movies.

The second Star Wars Anthology film’s code name is “Tin Can.”

LOL at the comments section:

After Sunday, I'd say it's more likely to be named "New Director."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back