Stand-Alone Movies Star Wars Anthology Film II - The Replacement Director Awakens

His rise was too meteoric. He should have put out several quality films before being hired for FF and SW. Judging his capabilities off of one film, Chronicle, was poor judgment.

Some can handle it, others can't. Gareth Edwards seems to be doing just fine. And Kathleen Kennedy has stated that she is looking for young, up and coming talent for directing Star Wars films. The anthology films seems almost perfect to help groom such talent.

Some can handle it, others can't. Gareth Edwards seems to be doing just fine. And Kathleen Kennedy has stated that she is looking for young, up and coming talent for directing Star Wars films. The anthology films seems almost perfect to help groom such talent.
Trank is apparently not deserving of such grooming.

He probably doesn't think he needs it. I think it is probably better that he sticks to more indie movies.

We shall see. Rogue One hasn't gotten made yet.

We shall see. Rogue One hasn't gotten made yet.
Even if Rogue One sucks, I doubt Edwards shows such a lack of professionalism or insults Lucasfilms or any other major studio the way Trank clearly has.

You really think this was his decision?

Probably not. What I am saying, is that Trank probably doesn't think he needs to be groomed, that his ideas are gold. He's talented, and I do think he does have some good ideas, but from the limited amount I've seen of him in interviews and stuff, he does appear to be a bit arrogant. Or, in other words, he doesn't play well with others.

As for Edwards, he doesn't seem to be a true all around director, yet. But I am very confident that Rogue One will look amazing.

Probably not. What I am saying, is that Trank probably doesn't think he needs to be groomed, that his ideas are gold. He's talented, and I do think he does have some good ideas, but from the limited amount I've seen of him in interviews and stuff, he does appear to be a bit arrogant. Or, in other words, he doesn't play well with others.

As for Edwards, he doesn't seem to be a true all around director, yet. But I am very confident that Rogue One will look amazing.
Ah, I see. That is understandable and makes good sense considering the situation.

Even if Rogue One sucks, I doubt Edwards shows such a lack of professionalism or insults Lucasfilms or any other major studio the way Trank clearly has.
How did he insult Lucasfilm if they didn't want him to be there and he was likely already fired?

How did he insult Lucasfilm if they didn't want him to be there and he was likely already fired?
Well he seemingly insulted the hell out of Kinberg to the point that he said he didn't want to work with him anymore. He is producing the second Star Wars Anthology film and works on Rebels.

And Kindberg has also worked with Trank on Fantastic Four and doesn't want to work with him again. What does that tell you?

The THR story paints a picture that it was his Fantastic Four antics that got him fired and not anything specific he did to Lucasfilm.

Well he seemingly insulted the hell out of Kinberg to the point that he said he didn't want to work with him anymore. He is producing the second Star Wars Anthology film and works on Rebels.

OK, but I mean three sides to every store and all that. To me that's not like insulting Lucasfilm like what you described. Don't know what happened there.

The THR story paints a picture that it was his Fantastic Four antics that got him fired and not anything specific he did to Lucasfilm.
Is Simon Kinberg not working for or at least with Disney and Lucasfilms? So they told him to stay away from Celebration randomly?

OK, but I mean three sides to every store and all that. To me that's not like insulting Lucasfilm like what you described. Don't know what happened there.
Fine, he insulted Kinberg who produces and writes for Disney and Lucasfilms. Just as bad imo, as Kinberg has Kennedy's ear.

Is Simon Kinberg not working for or at least with Disney and Lucasfilms? So they told him to stay away from Celebration randomly?

OK, but I mean, Kinberg is not a Lucasfilm executive. He's a writer producer on these shows and some of the films.

Man, I feel really bad and really stupid for putting any of this on Kinberg. It seems he was the one who made this know and saved Lucasfilms from a potential disaster. The best news about this, is I can go back to unabashedly adoring him.

Last edited:
Fine, he insulted Kinberg who produces and writes for Disney and Lucasfilms. Just as bad imo, as Kinberg has Kennedy's ear.

Don't misunderstand me DarthSkywalker, I have no dog in this fight. I was there at the panel and I knew something was up when Josh Trank wasn't there.

Sounds like to me there was tension with Trank and Kinberg. Kinberg talked down Trank to Lucasfilm, and then Trank got the boot. That's how all this sounds like it came off. No indication that he specifically spat on or insulted Lucasfilm or something.

However, for all I know he could've. Hey could have had some development meetings or bad e-mails that didn't go well.

IMHO it is always better for a director to gradually work his way up to a project like this. Start small then do something mid level then do something bigger budget. You can argue that Christopher Nolan took a route like this.

Did a micro-budget movie. Then he did a $10 million movie. Then he did a $50 million movie, then he did a $100+ movie with Batman Begins. Then he did a more mid-level movie again before doing another big budget film in Dark Knight. Now he's firmly established.

OK, but I mean, Kinberg is not a Lucasfilm executive. He's a writer producer on these shows and some of the films.
So say he didn't insult Lucasfilms in any direct way. Say this guy who seemingly can't act professionally enough for them to let him show up at Celebration. He just went and crapped all over Fox, another major studio. And when that happens, it spreads like wildfire. He might as well have insulted WB, Disney, Marvel, Paramount and Lucasfilms. It has the same exact effect.

How did he crap all over Fox? Sounds like he just struggled with his first major production. He's done nothing to indicate publicly to crap all over Fox. Other than he doesn't know how to handle his business on social media, but that's closer to him getting into it with unruly fans than having an issue with Fox.

During X-Men 2, Bryan Singer reportedly had a really bad day because of a reaction he had to a painkiller or something and it got very heated on the set. Was apparently a drama-filled shoot.

And honestly, look this is the nature of show business. It's a drama filled business about making drama. All sorts of egos and feelings about on these things.

How did he crap all over Fox? Sounds like he just struggled with his first major production. He's done nothing to indicate publicly to crap all over Fox. Other than he doesn't know how to handle his business on social media, but that's closer to him getting into it with unruly fans than having an issue with Fox.

During X-Men 2, Bryan Singer reportedly had a really bad day because of a reaction he had to a painkiller or something and it got very heated on the set. Was apparently a drama-filled shoot.
It doesn't sound like he struggled. It sounds like he was careless as hell on the best of terms. To the point that others had to step in. Also, who lets their dogs destroy a property to the point of six figures? That is willful neglect.

They should make a movie about the whole Fantastic Four and Star Wars situation with Trank. It'd be more interesting than his Fantastic Four looks. Put it on blu-ray with FF as the bonus feature. :o

And honestly, look this is the nature of show business. It's a drama filled business about making drama. All sorts of egos and feelings about on these things.

A bad day I don't think is comparable to this mess.

Kinberg talked down Trank to Lucasfilm, and then Trank got the boot. That's how all this sounds like it came off.

Don't forget that Kinberg got Trank that job with Lucasfilm in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"