Star Wars: Battlefront

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfff! Let them play Jedi. I don't care. I'll waste them with my Trooper.

Stormtrooper FTW, hail the Empire!

I hope both too. I'll be really, really disappointed if it's just FPS.

Yay! I'd just like an option to turn off the playable jedi. I found that the only change from BF1 to BF2 that I really didn't enjoy that much. I loved the unstoppable monsters you could only kill through luck or good planning. When you had them chasing you around the map it was sheer terror just to stay alive.

You can turn them off in SWBF 2. I don't remember much about the first one, (other than the awesome Sarlacc Pit level), but I know you can switch the 'hero characters' off in the second one.

As for the 'hero characters' being too powerful, I could take them out as a regular Storm/Clone Trooper without too much trouble, NPC or otherwise. I'm not trying to sound pompus or anything, maybe I just played way too much. Once you knew their moves though, it wasn't impossible to take out the Jedi or Sith with a blaster and maybe a grenade or two.

I hope DICE doesn't ignore the Clone Wars, I love me some Clone Troopers.

I don't think this game will be out until 2015, so I wonder I any of the factions in Episode 7 will be playable?

Mines were the enemy of heroes in SWBF2 it was glorious to send the overconfident ones flying!

I wouldn't mind if the game was a FPS, but the game remaining a TPS would be a good way for DICE to try something different

I actually prefer FPS now. But when I used to play the Battlefront games on the PS2, I was all about third person.

I wonder if Battlefront will have destructible environments? Battlefield 4 has them.

I wouldn't mind if the game was a FPS, but the game remaining a TPS would be a good way for DICE to try something different

I hope it's both because the past games had that choosable option, I wonder how much of Battlefield will translate into the game.

I actually prefer FPS now. But when I used to play the Battlefront games on the PS2, I was all about third person.

I wonder if Battlefront will have destructible environments? Battlefield 4 has them.

I want to be able to blow up the whole mother****ing planet! :awesome:

[YT]djZFHTa6TfA[/YT]

Hello old friend. It has been far too long.

A Jedi could have limits.You could have their lightsaber that kills anyone in one swipe,kinda like on Halo.But Then you get to pick one power to go with it.Like:
-Force throw lightsaber.
-Force jump
-Force push/pull
-Force speed
-Force lightning

This way anyone can pick a Jedi if they want,but at the same time they wouldn't be too powerful.

I would prefer it if Jedi/Sith weren't in the game at all.

Well that won't happen, but I too prefer the soldiers to the highfalutin Jedi and Sith. In Battlefront 2 I pretty much play(ed) exclusively as either a Storm Trooper or a Clone Trooper, the standard guy with no jetpack or special weapons. Being down in the nitty-gritty of iconic battles is half the appeal of the series.

Same here. I played with the Jedi a little bit in the beginning, but then always just stuck with the Trooper. I just love being the regular guy, in the middle of all the craziness. Same reason I always went with Soldier in Mass Effect.

Or have them in a separate mode and not the main mode of Conquest, have a Conquest mode with Heroes separate. Call the hero-less one Classic Conquest or something.

I didn't usually care to much for heroes in Conquest but sometimes its really cool to play as them.

I never played BF2 so I never got to try the Jedi but thinking about a game like this I can't help but think of that scene in EP II when all the Jedi were running head first into the battle with the sepertist army and that would be so bad ash to recreate. I'm fine with DICE going either way tho. If they wanna add Jedi/Sith awesome, if not, awesome. I'm just ready for some damn DICE developed Battlefront

Rewarding yourself with Jedi/Sith characters is one of my favorite parts of BattleFront 2. If it's not in this, I probably won't bite.

Hell, if the game doesn't keep the spirit of BF2, I ain't touchin.

Same here. I played with the Jedi a little bit in the beginning, but then always just stuck with the Trooper. I just love being the regular guy, in the middle of all the craziness. Same reason I always went with Soldier in Mass Effect.

My first choice is always a biotic in ME, just cause it makes me feel like a jedi but without a lightsaber :woot:

What is the release date for the new Battlefront?

If it's 2015, I would NOT be surprised if elements from the new Star Wars films were inputted. Not shoehorned it, of course. But just image if DICE had access to plot points and art concepts from the new movie(s).

What is the release date for the new Battlefront?

If it's 2015, I would NOT be surprised if elements from the new Star Wars films were inputted. Not shoehorned it, of course. But just image if DICE had access to plot points and art concepts from the new movie(s).

I'd say that's such a safe bet, it's practically a guarantee. Well see iconic locations/battles from the Original Trilogy, Hoth, Endor, etc and new places and characters featured in Episode 7. Whether they do three time periods and include the Prequel Trilogy is debatable, though personally I doubt they'll bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"