Star Wars: Battlefront

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dry: Well aside from Battlefront I'm not happy with the direction Star Wars is headed in the games field. Not saying everything has to be a dark gritty mature game but 1 out of 5 games being like that for example would be nice.

There isnt much "direction" at this point. All we know is EA has the rights to make Star Wars games and Disney wants them to be more in line with the films, which is why we won't be seeing 1313. Which sucks cuz that game looked sick. Before Disney gave the license to EA they claimed console games weren't a priority and it was mobile and social games that were.

With EA being the most bashed company I can think of in the gaming industry those are not comforting words. I enjoyed Dead Space 3 but at the same time I was not happy with how EA did the dlc. Hearing that Dead Space 4 is not even on the table for development upsets me.
Because after the huge cliffhanger that Awakened left if there isn't another Dead Space, EA really did the fan base dirty.

EA didn't handle the dlc for DS3 any differently than other companies. The only issue I have with Disney and the direction of SW games is the fact they feel they need to do with the upcoming films in some way

Although with them bringing Battlefront back, they sure off to a good damn start

The problem with DS3 was that the Awakened dlc is kinda a must have, if DS4 is made then people that didn't buy Awakened are going to be scratching their heads about what is going on. You get a sense that you have to pay extra to get the true ending to the game and I didn't like that despite loving the dlc. Good example of dlc like that is Harley Quinn's Revenge. It is set after the game but nothing major happens that makes you feel its the actual ending to Arkham City. Nobody playing the next Arkham game that didn't get HQR is going to be wondering what is going on.

This new Battlefront is a series relaunch and not a direct sequel to Battlefront II right?,I'm guessing this game will take place right before/during or right after Episode VII since Disney wants the games connected to the new movies.

That's fine with me as long as the game is basically Battlefield in the Star Wars universe..Which will probably happen since it's DICE and they will most likely use the Frostbite 3 engine(Battlefield 4)

This new Battlefront is a series relaunch and not a direct sequel to Battlefront II right?,I'm guessing this game will take place right before/during or right after Episode VII since Disney wants the games connected to the new movies.

My assumption is, if they go with the two-time-period idea as in the first two games, we'll see the Episode 7 era and the Original Trilogy era.

a thought occurred to me, with some Disney games getting the HD remake - Ducktales, Castle of Illusion, Kingdom Hearts, etc. - i think it would be awesome if Disney did the same for Lucasarts titles.

how awesome would it be to get an HD remake of Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the Empire, and Dark Forces? :awesome:

I would pay heavily if they release hd-upgrades to Shadows of the Empire and Dark Forces. However, it is highly unlikely this will happen, considering how Disney has opted for the clean slate approach for SW gaming.

I'd cry for joy IF they'd release an HD remake of Shadows of the Empire!

They would need to do a hell of a lot more than an HD update to make me want to play that game again.

As someone who loved Star Wars as a kid and has recently started to gain back some interest in the series, I couldn't be more excited for Battlefront 3. I hope they bring back the unique characters though - playing as Darth Maul would be killer!

I know I played that game but I can't remember a damn thing about it

Yes but I hope they don't keep them seperate. I want to kill the rebel alliance as a Battle Droid

As long as I get the Confederacy I'm happy. :D

As long as I get the Confederacy I'm happy. :D

Indeed, Separatists and the Galactic Empire with occasional helpings of Rebel Alliance is all I need. The Republic can suck it! :p

Eh, I like the clone troopers. Honestly though, I wouldn't expect very much prequel stuff to be present. Disney is wisely distancing Star Wars from that era.

Eh, I like the clone troopers. Honestly though, I wouldn't expect very much prequel stuff to be present. Disney is wisely distancing Star Wars from that era.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I hope they include some Clone action, but given Disney's unofficial cut-and-run from all things prequel stance, I doubt we'll be seeing any. Their goal will be to promote the new era of films, which is why the new Battlefield will more than likely just be the Original Trilogy and Episode 7 eras.

The Clone Wars were far more intense than most battles in the Galactic Civil War, and are more ripe for a war game.

However, I wonder if they'll bring back Hero characters.

While Disney may be wise in distancing themselves from the prequels period that time actually has some of the best EU stories, i think they're smart in retconing the EU and making things more simple, like with this Battlefront reboot, However some levels of canon like the tv shows, expecially the clone wars shows, should not be retconed at all since they're almost the saving grace of the Prequels period.

Either way i'm excited and positive about this game because it's being developed by DICE.

I think the CGI Clone Wars show is still canon. The new SW show is made by the same team, so I have a feeling characters from CW will show up in that cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"