Star Wars - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant to mention, my Koto 1:10 scale Vader arrived yesterday as well.

I've got the Boba from this line on the way so soon I can display them like this! :D

1004476o.jpg

Btw There is a Quinlan Vos statue on the way! :D
Reheheally!? :awesome:

I'm trying to keep my spending down and you're trying to tempt me lol.

You really need to show off your collection Hunter, it's growing and growing and growing :oldrazz:

I'll try to post some pics, I was at DIsneyland Tues-Wed, nice brief vacation. Rode Star Tours once (on Tues), the line was quick, after that it got busy quick. Didn't ride ST on Wed, I happened to go the same day as a bunch of kids groups (school/Camp maybe)...so bummer...:cmad::argh::jedi

I did pick up a Chewie and Wicket backpack ( to complete my set of the ones sold @ Disney, I picked up the Yoda last year)...and picked up a couple SW themed hats Boba and Chewie...and a Darth Vader pin...:hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt:

...also, am I the only one who thinks the original ST was a lil more jerky, motiony, I loved it but that one always made me sick/gave me a headache...from last year to this year riding ST, i never had motion sickness or headache's or anything...maybe its just me...

I just got Star Wars Battlefront II and Knights of the Old Republic off of Steam for super cheap. I'm going to go into Star Wars overload for the next few weeks.

SDCC SW The CW Season 5 Live link:http://www.newsarama.com/tv/sdcc-2012-star-wars-clone-wars-season-5.html

Some interesting things I thought:
-Regarding Darth Maul "What we'll reveal about him this season is that he's a much more intelligent character, he was the student of the most successful Sith Lord ever!"

-Rex in the Umbara arc "The interesting thing about Rex in that arc, Rex originally was the shooter who killed Krell"

-The writing staff for Season 5 has reached out considerably into a pool of people who have written for shows like Breaking Bad, Castle, and many more big live-action shows.

-We'll find out how much Obi-Wan knows about Anakin, and Padme

-Ahsoka "It's a great year for Ahsoka, we'll follow through with the Deathwatch with her this season, and we'll continue to... we'll see some really big things for her later in the year"

-Bo-Katan "She's going to do more this season than Boba Fett ever did. Daniel Logan's not gonna like that comment" Logan stood up in the audience

-Boba Fett is not in this season, though, apparently.

-One Republic Commando will appear this season, and will do A Lot, Filoni, "You will not see a trilogy of episodes on them THIS season, but there's stuff in development. But you will see *A* Republic Commando this season, and he'll do a lot."

-Q: Why are you replacing Boba Fett with a new bounty hunter this season?

-A: Filoni: "It's not a replacement, we just do arcs of stories, this just isn't Boba's turn. When he comes back, he comes back with a vengeance. I can't tell them any more, I can't tell them Matt what we were doing this week, IT WAS SO COOL! SO COOL!"

-Q: Will Maul be getting any kind of armor, and the clones, will they be getting any upgrade?

-Filoni, "You know what? the next trailer, which we don't have here today, you'll find out and Maul doesn't always walk around shirtless.

And the clones, I love inventing new kinds of armor, just to give the cosplayers so much work.

This season you'll see more of the shock troopers and their role with the Republic and coming empire. But not too much with the clones armors this season."
spacer.gif
Filoni, "You know what? the next trailer, which we don't have here today, you'll find out and Maul doesn't always walk around shirtless.

And the clones, I love inventing new kinds of armor, just to give the cosplayers so much work.

This season you'll see more of the shock troopers and their role with the Republic and coming empire. But not too much with the clones armors this season."
spacer.gif

Hmm interesting. Really looking forward to season 5 :woot:

Yeah Malgus is a PF, should be about 22 inches high. Malsk is a maquette and is about 7 inches.
The Darth Malak maquette is only 7 inches, thats great! I really like that one. Do you know how much it'll be?

I cant stop laughing at this one:

Never mess with an ewok :cwink:

Cool stuff, Fives! You guys find the coolest art i've never seen before :woot:
Thanks Bim. I'm just glad you guys like the pics I post.

That one is pretty funny, how can the Ewoks beat guys in armor lol.

Congrats. :up:

You're welcome and thanks!
Thanks Hunter.

The animated statues are a fun line from GG, I am hoping they will do Luke on a Speederbike as part of it.
Is the animated line a new line? The OT has a lot of great scenes that would be cool to see in that animated style.

The Jaig Eyes were actually on early concept Boba as well, the Clone Wars toon then adopted them for Clones who were taking their heritage as Mandalorian due to Jango Fett.

I've seen that pic before, and it's still cool. Did they say why they got rid of them? I think it's great that Rex, and some of the Clones have really taken to liking their Mandalorian heritage.

Yeah they are big 18-20 inches PF statues from Sideshow.

No they are 1/6 scale figures. There are a few collectible helemts out there, mostly of the Imperials and clones, but I don't think there is a Snowtrooper one yet. EFC did just reveal the Scout Trooper helmet though.
So the Captain Rex, and Malgus are 18-20 inches? A little big, but they look great. I thought the Snow Troopers were 1/6 scale figures. I haven't seen a lot of the collectible helmets before, so that's cool.

Also how big are the Boba Fett, Vader, and Obi-Wan statues? They all look awesome too.

All the art is stunning Fives but this one caught my eye, who is she?

Love this!
Thanks. They're Death Watch Mando's, and she's suppose to be their leader, so I'm thinking maybe Bo-Katan? Although the chick in the pic has a different helmet than Katan does? Still it's a great pic, and the detail is great. I really like that Leia bounty hunter pic too.

I know, that was one of the things I am most pleased about. :D
As you should be, it's a great piece to your collection. Congrats.

I meant to mention, my Koto 1:10 scale Vader arrived yesterday as well.

I've got the Boba from this line on the way so soon I can display them like this! :D

1004476o.jpg
That's awesome! Congrats again man. That'll be a great display piece.

Hmm interesting. Really looking forward to season 5 :woot:
I agree Bim, I can't wait for season 5. I think it might be their best season. It will definitely be an interesting, and action packed season. I can't wait!

Hey, never underestimate a hungry ewok :oldrazz:

I agree Bim, I can't wait for season 5. I think it might be their best season. It will definitely be an interesting, and action packed season. I can't wait!
It wouldnt surprise me. This is a show that imo has improved season to season, so hopefully the trend continues. I'm really curious about Ahsoka's fate. I'm still leaning towards her leaving the order for love... but i guess only time will tell if i'm right, or if she gets killed off.

-Regarding Darth Maul "What we'll reveal about him this season is that he's a much more intelligent character, he was the student of the most successful Sith Lord ever!"

Maul will apparently [BLACKOUT]fight and kill Vizsla[/BLACKOUT] and duel with Sidious this season.

-We'll find out how much Obi-Wan knows about Anakin, and Padme
:wow:

-Bo-Katan "She's going to do more this season than Boba Fett ever did. Daniel Logan's not gonna like that comment" Logan stood up in the audience

Teaming with Obi-Wan! :D

-Boba Fett is not in this season, though, apparently.
:huh:

-One Republic Commando will appear this season, and will do A Lot, Filoni, "You will not see a trilogy of episodes on them THIS season, but there's stuff in development. But you will see *A* Republic Commando this season, and he'll do a lot."

This should be awesome!

-Q: Why are you replacing Boba Fett with a new bounty hunter this season?

-A: Filoni: "It's not a replacement, we just do arcs of stories, this just isn't Boba's turn. When he comes back, he comes back with a vengeance. I can't tell them any more, I can't tell them Matt what we were doing this week, IT WAS SO COOL! SO COOL!"

What new bounty hunter?

-Filoni, "You know what? the next trailer, which we don't have here today, you'll find out and Maul doesn't always walk around shirtless.

Mauldalorian armor? :D

The Darth Malak maquette is only 7 inches, thats great! I really like that one. Do you know how much it'll be?

I think it will be priced at about $70.

Determination and a desire for helmet drums! :D

Is the animated line a new line? The OT has a lot of great scenes that would be cool to see in that animated style.

These are the ones already out in the line.

I've seen that pic before, and it's still cool. Did they say why they got rid of them? I think it's great that Rex, and some of the Clones have really taken to liking their Mandalorian heritage.

Not that I know of. I agree it is a nice touch by the shows producers, you can tell they are fans with all the little nods within the show to the classic fan stuff.

So the Captain Rex, and Malgus are 18-20 inches? A little big, but they look great. I thought the Snow Troopers were 1/6 scale figures. I haven't seen a lot of the collectible helmets before, so that's cool.

Also how big are the Boba Fett, Vader, and Obi-Wan statues? They all look awesome too.

The Boba, Vader and Obi statues are around 18 inches as well, the difference between them and the PF line is they are all polystone, where as the PF's often use materials as well.

Thanks. They're Death Watch Mando's, and she's suppose to be their leader, so I'm thinking maybe Bo-Katan? Although the chick in the pic has a different helmet than Katan does? Still it's a great pic, and the detail is great. I really like that Leia bounty hunter pic too.

Well looking at that clip from season 5 you may well be right about it being Bo-Katan, as now she has different armor and the hairstyle is even simlar. I pictured Bo-Katan as a blonde because she is voiced by Katee Sackhoff lol.

As you should be, it's a great piece to your collection. Congrats.

That's awesome! Congrats again man. That'll be a great display piece.

Thank you, I will try and get some pics soon.

OMG! :woot: Needles to say this ticks all my geek boxes lol, and it's the first ep!

Never seen this before either - The Clone Wars Season 5 - Embo Trailer

It also ticks all my geeks boxes! :funny:
I hadnt seen that Embo one either, nice!

Pure speculation on my part, but i'm getting the feeling that Sidious could be the one killing Maul...

Speaking of which: How bout some Maul and Savage?
[YT]CqNS2QUeu1g[/YT]

From SDCC 2012:

Sixth Scale Order of the Jedi
7562883816_f6c594037d_o.jpg

Sixth Scale Scum, and Villainy
7562884310_11265e2b3c_o.jpg

7562884756_af76c7bd7e_o.jpg

7562884600_62263000bc_o.jpg

Sideshow Sixth Scale Lords of Sith
7562884104_7ea63d0c31_o.jpg

Sixth Scale Militaries of SW
7562884020_0cb6f1565a_o.jpg

7562768120_ca73f7a1e6_o.jpg

7562766626_6bbe107e3b_o.jpg

7562768368_2637cdd2c4_o.jpg

7562768900_8e508244df_o.jpg

CW season 5 clip time! Obi-Wan and Bo-Katan :woot:

[YT]CIsLUVWkd9w[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIsLUVWkd9w
Awesome! I can't wait to see this! Obi-Wan in Mandalorian armor is awesome. Bo-Katan is going to be awesome in this season too. They're going to be kicking season 5 off in a major way.

Embo was awesome in that clip Hunter! I hadn't seen this one before.

Maul will apparently [BLACKOUT]fight and kill Vizsla[/BLACKOUT] and duel with Sidious this season.
Interesting, where'd you hear that from?

I know right, that should be interesting to see.

Teaming with Obi-Wan! :D
I can't wait to find out what is going to make them have to team up. Plus that clip from the 1st season 5 episode with them was great!

:huh:
This should be awesome!

What new bounty hunter?
They said in the panel that Boba wouldn't be showing up in season 5:csad:, but that when he did show up again it would be with a huge vengance. I can't wait to see him come back, cause it sounds like he's goint to be badass when he's back.

I think they're talking about Bo-Katan. She's going to be in season 5 a lot I guess. The Mandalorians play a big part in the new season they said.

Mauldalorian armor? :D
lol, I see what you did there.

I think it will be priced at about $70.

Determination and a desire for helmet drums! :D
Eh, a bit pricey, but I'm sure it could be worse.

Helmet drums, lol. I guess they had a lot of bar b que too, lol.

These are the ones already out in the line.

I really like these 3.

Not that I know of. I agree it is a nice touch by the shows producers, you can tell they are fans with all the little nods within the show to the classic fan stuff.
Yeah, Feloni, and the rest of them really do like SW, and if shows.

The Boba, Vader and Obi statues are around 18 inches as well, the difference between them and the PF line is they are all polystone, where as the PF's often use materials as well.
Cool. They look really good quality.

Well looking at that clip from season 5 you may well be right about it being Bo-Katan, as now she has different armor and the hairstyle is even simlar. I pictured Bo-Katan as a blonde because she is voiced by Katee Sackhoff lol.
Yeah, after seeing that clip, which was awesome, I think its Bo-Katan in that pic. It looks so much like her, so I think that's cool, the artist did a good job. Plus I wonder now if maybe Katan will take over the Death Watch after Vizsla dies?

Thank you, I will try and get some pics soon.
No problem, you're welcome man. Pics would be cool when you can get around to it.

Pure speculation on my part, but i'm getting the feeling that Sidious could be the one killing Maul...

[YT]CqNS2QUeu1g[/YT]
That did look like it was Sidious leaving the ship, and force choking/killing those Mandalorians. Plus the music they were playing, its got to be Sidious. I can't wait to find out what he's up to in the episde, and they said we'd finally be seeing him do stuff, and not just as a hologram anymore.

I've always wanted all of the OT animated statues, just don't get the moneyz....yet...I just love the look.

I've always wanted all of the OT animated statues, just don't get the moneyz....yet...I just love the look.
It looks like a fun line of statues. They do look great, and the new ones shown at SDCC are just as great. I hope they keep it up, there are a lot of scense from the OT that they could do.

That's halarious CGHulk :woot:

Cool pic. I liked that scene from Episode II, and then the Clones arrive, and it's just a good part of the movie.

Cool pic too. I wonder what the story is for the pic?
Darth Revan is an interesting character. What do you think of him? I heard they released a book about his exploits after the KOTOR game, but it wasn't that well liked.

What does everyone think of Sidious? Did you like him more in the OT or are you fine with how his character came to power in the PT? He must be really powerful in the ways of the force to keep the Jedi from not discovering it was him all along. What does everyone think about that too?

2450742-palpatine.jpg

2237546-181522_186926794673948_100000698861556_525166_7295012_n.jpg

Sidious is probably one of the most fascintaing Sith characters in Star Wars lore on or off screen. Although I think Dooku is severely underrated. But Sidious is just a awesome villain.

[YT]CqNS2QUeu1g[/YT]

Embo being more involved is awesome!

I think you are right, Maul was his apprentice but I don't think he ever intended for Maul to grow more powerful, now he's like a rabid dog without a leesh and Sidious will have to put him down. :D

Interesting, where'd you hear that from?

It was a leak from the upcoming Darth Maul book 'Shadow Conspiracy'.

I can't wait to find out what is going to make them have to team up. Plus that clip from the 1st season 5 episode with them was great!

I can't wait, A Jedi in Mano armor is like my geek creation! :funny:

They said in the panel that Boba wouldn't be showing up in season 5:csad:, but that when he did show up again it would be with a huge vengance. I can't wait to see him come back, cause it sounds like he's goint to be badass when he's back.

I hope when we see him return he's in his classic armor and coming for Slave 1!.

I think they're talking about Bo-Katan. She's going to be in season 5 a lot I guess. The Mandalorians play a big part in the new season they said.

Hmm, I thought Bo-Katan was more a soldier than a bounty hunter though. Unless it's Embo they are talking about as he seems to have two arcs this season. I'm really glad the Death Watch are going to play a big role.

lol, I see what you did there.

:woot:

Eh, a bit pricey, but I'm sure it could be worse.

Oh yeah, the Sideshow stuff is always north of $200.

Helmet drums, lol. I guess they had a lot of bar b que too, lol.

Definitely, Wicket whipped up a batch of his special sauce!

I really like these 3.

The Boba w/ Han in Carbonite and Leia with R2 are my favourites.

Yeah, Feloni, and the rest of them really do like SW, and if shows.

It's truly a fan show.

Yeah, after seeing that clip, which was awesome, I think its Bo-Katan in that pic. It looks so much like her, so I think that's cool, the artist did a good job. Plus I wonder now if maybe Katan will take over the Death Watch after Vizsla dies?

I think so, I think she disagrees with uniting with Maul and Opress and teams with Obi-Wan against them, to take back Death Watch for Mandalore.

Cool pic. I liked that scene from Episode II, and then the Clones arrive, and it's just a good part of the movie.

The battle of Geonosis is my second favourite in the saga after Hoth.

Cool pic too. I wonder what the story is for the pic?

I think the concept is viewing the scene from ESB where Vader reports to the Emperor, from the Emperor's POV.

Darth Revan is an interesting character. What do you think of him? I heard they released a book about his exploits after the KOTOR game, but it wasn't that well liked.

Yeah fans were not happy, I've only read his story based on the game via Wookiepedia, and I dig his look, part Mandaloria warrior, part Jedi Knight.

What does everyone think of Sidious? Did you like him more in the OT or are you fine with how his character came to power in the PT? He must be really powerful in the ways of the force to keep the Jedi from not discovering it was him all along. What does everyone think about that too?

2450742-palpatine.jpg

I think the PT really enhanced his character and makes me enjoy him even more in ROTJ as he has this great Machiavellian back story.

That's halarious CGHulk :woot:

2450742-palpatine.jpg

The PT only enhanced the Darth Sidious legend in my opinion. He was even more devious, manipulative, and cunning in the PT.

That desert Nomad Obi-Wan might be the prettiest thing I have ever seen. :wow:

As to the Emperor. He was great in TPM, but I think they got way to obvious and OOT with in the other two films. By the end of EPIII he was crackling like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Zuckuss and 4-Lom have very similar heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"