Rebels Star Wars: Rebels - Part 1

Hera's quickly becoming my favorite character on "Rebels".

Love Part 2 of Empire Day. Nice action, and really cool to see Kanan employ his blaster in conjunction with the lightsaber.

I was hoping we'd get a Fulcrumsoka reveal but I enjoyed the mid-season finale. I liked the space battle that opened the ep as it had a nice nod of the hat to ANH about it, and the development with Kanen and Ezra as they took on The Inquisitor was good.

Love Part 2 of Empire Day. Nice action, and really cool to see Kanan employ his blaster in conjunction with the lightsaber.

I dug that as well. :up:

I'm guessing the Fulcrum reveal will be the season finale.

6Sv87ju.jpg

Is Ezra, Oscar Isaac's character's dad?

Last edited:
That would be cool.

Rebels Recon #8: Inside "Gathering Forces" + Path of the Jedi preview

6Sv87ju.jpg

It's an uncanny resemblance, but this show takes place 39 years before TFA. In TFA Ezra's dad would be in his 80s at least. The only way Oscar Isaacs could be playing his dad is if he ages abnormally or the character is being held in cryo during Star Wars Rebels. That's entirely possible. Max von Sydow is actually just the right age to play Ezra's dad or Kanan. And maybe Oscar could be playing Ezra? Ezra would be 54, and even tho Isaac is 35 he could pass as a 54 year old with very little aging make up. Few grey hairs and I'd believe it. It's the Star wars universe after all. People prolly have great medical care.

About tonight's episode, that was an insanely close call! Ezra tapping into the Darkside and them waiting around for the Inquisitor to show up instead of running after they ditched the tracker...what the Hell was Kanan thinking?!

Last edited:
It's an uncanny resemblance, but this show takes place 39 years before TFA. In TFA Ezra's dad would be in his 80s at least. The only way Oscar Isaacs could be playing his dad is if he ages abnormally or the character is being held in cryo during Star Wars Rebels. That's entirely possible. Max von Sydow is actually just the right age to play Ezra's dad or Kanan. And maybe Oscar could be playing Ezra? Ezra would be 54, and even tho Isaac is 35 he could pass as a 54 year old with very little aging make up. Few grey hairs and I'd believe it. It's the Star wars universe after all. People prolly have great medical care.

About tonight's episode, that was an insanely close call! Ezra tapping into the Darkside and them waiting around for the Inquisitor to show up instead of running after they ditched the tracker...what the Hell was Kanan thinking?!
I think his point was that Ezra could be Oscar Isaac's character's father. Not the other way around.

You read his post wrong. He was asking if Oscar Isaac's character was Ezra's son.

Last edited:
/Film - Rumor: ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Follow-Up Animated Series to Be Set During Current Star Wars Cinematic Era

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-star-wars-animated-series/

/Film has now exclusively heard that Lucasfilm not only knows where Rebels will end, the company knows what’s next for the Star Wars animated world.

Rumor has it that Disney and Lucasfilm are planning to do “about” three or four seasons of Star Wars Rebels before starting a whole new Star Wars animated series, with all new characters, set in the timeline of the current movies (the Star Wars sequel trilogy).

Since this is so early, there aren’t a lot of specific details. The new cartoon series will be set during the Sequel Trilogy timeline (Episodes VII and beyond), which will be very familiar to fans by that time. If Rebels does go three or four seasons, the new show would hypothetically start in 2017 or 2018, around the same time we’ll see Star Wars Episode VIII. That means we’ll have at least one, possibly two movies of world building in which to set up a new story and set of characters.

I think he was thinking "I want to kill this dude." I liked it in Part 1 when Kanan told Zeb to take a shot at The Inquisitor. Kanan doesn't mess around!

Kanan is in my top 10 Jedi already, though I guess since he never completed his training he's not a Jedi, so that makes him my favorite Padawan.

6Sv87ju.jpg

Yeah, this caught my eye, also. The instant I seen it, I thought of Isaac. Could Ezra grow up into Isaac's character? I doubt it, but who knows.

/Film - Rumor: ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Follow-Up Animated Series to Be Set During Current Star Wars Cinematic Era

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-star-wars-animated-series/

I think it's incredibly foolish to not let us decide whether Rebels continues. Like James Gunn said the other day,

James Gunn said:
"And mostly, remember that we as an industry exist to serve the audiences, to communicate with them - they have a voice in what we create as well. We are not here to dictate what they want to see, mostly because that's simply not possible."

Read more at http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jam...verse-model-is-flawed-246#9xHKj22kobW3jyTj.99

If we want more than four seasons of Ezra and Kanan and the Ghost crew then listen to the viewers. Don't cancel it or wrap it up just so you can release another series that ties into your films. There are 40 years worth of stories in between Rebels and TFA. They could keep Rebels going for more than four seasons. I'm fine with them tying things together. I'm also fine with them having a plan, but something about this complete disregard for viewers desires and input rubs me the wrong way. I lost TCW for Rebels and now they tell me Rebels will get four seasons at most because they want to have a new show to tie into the movies. And they know I won't quit Rebels now and say "**** it" because I might miss something that pays off in the films. In short, I feel like I'm being led by a leash, and I don't much care for it.

Don't end Rebels. Keep it going and continue to cover the time between ROTS and ANH. Disney can afford two star wars cartoons.

Last edited:
If they have a clear beginning and an idea for an ending already and they think it will only take about 4 seasons to tell then there's no real harm in ending it at that point.

How do they end the Ghost crew without killing them tho? Like I mentioned there are 40 years between Rebels and TFA. I have to assume Kanan and the Ghost crew don't die this soon and that they get up to more. I don't see any reason why the show can't show what happens to them beyond season four. And if everything after season 4 isn't in some way relevant to the films so be it. Not everything set in the Star wars universe needs to be related to the films to have a reason to exist. And I know that's not what you are saying, but that's the vibe I'm getting from Disney/Lucasfilm. That if it doesn't in some way tie into a film or lead to a film they won't bother with it.

The only way I'm gonna be ok with Rebels ending after season four is if the characters die or they all go their separate ways and retire from being Rebels against the empire otherwise I'm gonna want to continue watching their adventures and if Disney is telling me I can't then they are essentially cancelling the show. Which they are free to do. It's their money being spent. But it's not a decision I can really get behind. Ill try to stay open minded about it all tho. That's a few years away so I guess I shouldn't spend too much energy being bothered by it just yet.

Last edited:
If they actually have a planned story arc for only four seasons, then I don't mind them completing Rebels and moving on to tell another story. Yeah, it sucks losing characters we begin to love, but that's what happens in everything. I have to believe the characters of Rebels don't survive past A New Hope. If they do, maybe they hook up with Luke and company after Return of the Jedi.

I would rather them have less seasons then more. So many TV series stretch story lines and it usually ruins the ending and the entire show itself. You look at things like Dexter that should have been many seasons shorter. As said above (which I'm sure they do have a rough idea) if they have a good ending already planned I would think 4 seasons is great.

I agree fans need their voices heard, but fans don't always know whats best. They always will just want more even if the series suffers from it. I think it would be cool to have more focused TV shows like this. 4 seasons is plenty.

I was actually thinking this would happen. I'd like a new cartoon set between VI and VII

Rebels Recon #8: Inside "Gathering Forces" + Path of the Jedi preview

That clip at the end is this when Ezra begins building his own light sabre?

Big stone with a crystal behind it... I don't know where it is but I can lead you there... oh yes Ezra's blaster saber here we come!:yay:

How many episodes have aired? Haven't been able to keep up, nobody else in the home likes the show...even the few Star Wars...and Clone Wars fans. Is it available anywhere online? I did catch the first couple episodes and had the series set to record...but somebody...wop wop woo...kept deleting my setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"