Rebels Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

I'm sorry but them standing on the outside of ships in space is never not going to look goofy to me.

The fishbowl helmet on Ezra's spacesuit is kind of an odd choice. But then again, we hardly ever see spacesuits in Star Wars. For whatever reason it's not something that really comes up, despite everyone being inches away from airless void of space at all times. For a while I kind of assumed they just didn't exist outside of the Trooper suits. But if the TIE pilots wear them I don't know why the Rebels don't.

If you say so.

I don't agree.

Maybe just accept the fact I don't agree and leave it.

If you say so.

I don't agree.

Maybe just accept the fact I don't agree and leave it.

What is there to disagree with? They used Ezra's season 3 model for Luke. You know what season 3 Ezra looks like, I assume. Ezra is the normal size for a 15-16 year old boy which is the likely age Luke is at this point in Rebels. Mark Hamill wasnt abnormally tall in ANH. He was average height for his age. So there is no discrepancy between the size Luke is at this point in Rebels and the height he is in ANH.

What there is to disagree with I've stated and that is where I stand on the subject.

I'm not required to agree with your or any other members assertions.

He appears very far, even an adult character would look like a dwarf in the perspective he was in. Your subjective opinion was that he was too short and the animators made a mistake, but they aparently used the model of a 15 years old character, so you might say your subjective perspective was a wrong because objectively speaking, they chose the right model with the right height for the scene. You're not required to agree with everything other members say, but when discussing something, the truth should be what we're all after, not to constantly show how we are the only ones right, even when faced with arguments that show that might not be the case. This conversation just seems to be going in circles to be honest.

Anyone knows how much time has passed since Episode 1 of Rebels? A year? Two?

All of the opinions here are subjective and at no time did I say I was "the only one who is right"

Thus I suggested agreeing to disagree which is a VERY different thing to "I am the only one who is right" idea.

This conversation just seems to be going in circles to be honest.

Agreed wholeheartedly hence why I suggested leaving it be.

My position I have stated and I've respectfully disagreed but that seems to be not sufficient for some.

What there is to disagree with I've stated and that is where I stand on the subject.

I'm not required to agree with your or any other members assertions.

Youre disagreeing with the fact that they used Ezra's season 3 model and that that model is a perfectly normal model for a 15-16 year old Luke.

Some facts:

Mark Hamill is 5'9" and his Luke was around that height in ANH.

The average height of 16 year old males is 5' 6". Ezra and probably Luke are 16 at the time of this episode in Rebels

The average height of 18+ year old males is 5' 8". (Luke's around 18 in ANH)

So are you seriously saying that you think that Luke in Rebels, which is based on Ezra's season 3 model, which appears to be average height for a 16 year old, is too short to be a believable 16 year old Luke, and that you think that 16 year old Luke couldnt possibly grow the 2-3 inches, that the average male grows between 16 and 18 years old, during the two years between this episode of Rebels and ANH?

Last edited:
and that you think that 16 year old Luke couldnt possibly grow the 2-3 inches, that the average male grows between 16 and 18 years old, during the two years between this episode of Rebels and ANH?

I NEVER stated he cannot grow so that is spurious as I DID NOT state that at any time.

The height of the shadowed Luke is not proportionally accurate (see the homestead he's running to,a canon established dwelling) to a 5"6" male teenager which Luke is @ the point of that scene (Rebels is not doing out of chronology episodes).

Regarding the presentation of his height in comparison or perspective to the homestead the short answer is yes it is not correct.

If you want to argue it then so be it but you're wasting your time with it (on me) but hey it's your time.

Last edited:
Just wow. Nothing about that scene from that distance/perspective seems out of place or wrong. And it certainly isn't an error or mistake made by the show. It just seems you can't accept that. You're looking for a flaw that simply is just not there.

As you subjectively see it to be - sure.

There's nothing I am required to "accept" bar what I see as is the case for you with the same.

Wasn't looking for any flaws,I see one.

Just wow at those who want to spend their time debating what I see and not accepting I have an alternative view.

Also,Note: I did not make the meme,it was posted on Facebook by someone else and I happen to agree with.

Last edited:
Just wow. Nothing about that scene from that distance/perspective seems out of place or wrong. And it certainly isn't an error or mistake made by the show. It just seems you can't accept that. You're looking for a flaw that simply is just not there.
Well after being wrong about Maul's death, he needs something to hold onto. :o

As you subjectively see it to be - sure.

There's nothing I am required to "accept" bar what I see as is the case for you with the same.

Wasn't looking for any flaws,I see one.

Just wow at those who want to spend their time debating what I see and not accepting I have an alternative view.

Also,Note: I did not make the meme,it was posted on Facebook by someone else and I happen to agree with.
The problem is there is no "alternative view". This is very much a question of facts. If they used the Ezra model, the height is accurate.

The only problem is the non acceptance of agreeing to disagree.

As I have said it doesn't look right to me so you can say it all you like but it looks like a child of 10 or under running to the homestead.

It's not correct to the time frame.

No.

They have the proportions incorrect for a boy his age.

They are creatively wrong.

No.

They have the proportions incorrect for a boy his age.

They are creatively wrong.
Oh, so that only happened starting this episode? :funny:

They model the characters and model them proportionally throughout TCW and Rebels. Suddenly they suck at that?

Other times?

Yes quite possible and in this instance as human beings who are capable of making errors and are fallible.

Or are they Gods?

Other times?

Yes quite possible and in this instance as human beings who are capable of making errors and are fallible.

Or are they Gods?
The character model's height is the character model's height. That is why they used it.

Ezra next to Obi-Wan:

[YT]Uutp2-aHfN8[/YT]

Well the proportion to the building Luke runs to is inaccurate to ANH dimensions.

Well the proportion to the building Luke runs to is inaccurate to ANH dimensions.
That maybe true. That doesn't mean the model of the character is super short, which was your argument.

As to the homestead, perspective changes do to distance, the camera angle, etc:

wpTtVWd.jpg

1f6OqiX.jpg

Up close, Anakin and even Padme almost looks bigger then the Homestead. Farther away, not so much.

My point was the dimensions are wrong,that is factually correct.

The entrance that Luke runs to makes him look too small when one is aware of the movie set dimensions of the homestead.

If the show's people get that wrong then it demonstrates they are fallible and get details wrong.

It made Luke look too small and hence how I saw it which is still an error on the part of the animation crew.

It looks out of shape cause IT IS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"