Rebels Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

My point was the dimensions are wrong,that is factually correct.

The entrance that Luke runs to makes him look too small when one is aware of the movie set dimensions of the homestead.

If the show's people get that wring then it demonstrates they are fallible and get details wrong.

It made Luke look too small and hence how I saw it which is still an error on the part of the animation crew.

It looks out of shape cause IT IS.
Where are your facts for the dimensions being wrong?

Luke looks small because he is far away running to the homestead. I just showed you pictures of how that works.

Dude,you just want to argue ad infinitum and not accept that I see what I see.

You win no trophy in this that I am aware of.

The homestead and Luke are at the same distance from Obi Wan as he is shown running in a front on view (from Obi Wan's perspective) not at a diagonal or up high or down low angle as in your other pics.

They goof'd it up and for some reason you want to be a self appointed defender of them.

I PM'd you to state there was no personal malice in my participation but that is starting to change so how about you just accept the fact all viewers see a show in their own way?

Is that somehow causing a detriment to you that would impede on your life?

Yeah,sure am.

Stated my view and don't like the proportions.

It's not accurate and all this to and fro is only a waste of the respondents time.

I didn't care for it,it is 5 foot if that kid running to the homestead or the homestead is too big.

I understand others disagree - they're entitled to their view as am I.

Dude,you just want to argue ad infinitum and not accept that I see what I see.

You win no trophy in this that I am aware of.

The homestead and Luke are at the same distance from Obi Wan as he is shown running in a front on view (from Obi Wan's perspective) not at a diagonal or up high or down low angle as in your other pics.

They goof'd it up and for some reason you want to be a self appointed defender of them.

I PM'd you to state there was no personal malice in my participation but that is starting to change so how about you just accept the fact all viewers see a show in their own way?

Is that somehow causing a detriment to you that would impede on your life?
You mean before you got in an argument with 3 other people on the subject showing you seemed fine continuing it? :funny:

Also fantastic facts you brought. :up:

By the way, considering the way you are posting right now, I am curious if perhaps you have a past here under a different name.

PM'ing you was to be polite,is that some sort of "wrong" ?

Well I suppose the word forum is lost on some then.

No,I have not been here before.

Agreeing to disagree is not some kind of new concept.

Least not to me.

I hold my view as do others that it looked off.

It's a flawed representation and I've explained and listened to the other points put forward,respecting the right of others to hold a different view.

Seems acceptable to the people running here for that polite discussion to occur so like you I exercised my right of reply.

I am not going to change my view just cause a few say I should.

Maul beats Qui-Gon by hitting him in the face with his hilt after blocking an overhead strike, throwing his arms back and then stabbing him through the stomach. It was the same move he tried on Old Ben and Ben just step back and cut through him and his hilt.

Here you go:

5czag1otaoey.gif

I loved this callback! :bow: I know there has been a mixed reception to the epsiode but I liked it, I felt it was a fitting ending for a weary Maul, almost like he wanted the confrontation so that Obi-Wan could put him out of his misery. The way the fight was short and clinical like an oldschool Samurai worked for me.

I loved this callback! :bow: I know there has been a mixed reception to the epsiode but I liked it, I felt it was a fitting ending for a weary Maul, almost like he wanted the confrontation so that Obi-Wan could put him out of his misery. The way the fight was short and clinical like an oldschool Samurai worked for me.

Yeah,agreed that was a classy nod to the PT.

PM'ing you was to be polite,is that some sort of "wrong" ?

Well I suppose the word forum is lost on some then.

No,I have not been here before.

Agreeing to disagree is not some kind of new concept.

Least not to me.

I hold my view as do others that it looked off.

It's a flawed representation and I've explained and listened to the other points put forward,respecting the right of others to hold a different view.

Seems acceptable to the people running here for that polite discussion to occur so like you I exercised my right of reply.

I am not going to change my view just cause a few say I should.
You can agree to disagree if you like. But it is like you want others to acknowledge your view has merit here. It also doesn't help that you changed your argument from Luke looking too young (because we now know it was Ezra's model), to the Homestead being too big.

Last edited:
I am with you Hunter. I quite liked it, especially the last 5 mins or so. But then again, I don't hate Ezra like some. :funny:

This weekend's finale looks insane. Hoping for some real fireworks.

You can agree to disagree if you like. But it is like you want others to acknowledge your view has merit here. It also doesn't help that you changed your argument from Luke looking too young (because we now know it was Ezra's model), to the Homestead being too big.

I don't see any post of mine where I am wanting others to acknowledge anything,simply respect that I hold that view and if they disagree I don't care.
If we all can agree to disagree as it's a subjective viewing of a fictional show - then great.

THAT was all I was asking for,I don't mind at all if others don't hold the same view insomuch as any unpleasantness meant to them.

I don't require the merit of others for my view,respect in a forum is what is best but that does not always equal agreement.

Luke looks off to me in his size either cause he's too short for the age presentation or the homestead is proportionally too large.

I did not change my argument,I was considering your points and stated that as I still saw the proportions wrong in terms of the whole scene as Kenobi looked on then only leaving the homestead to be too large.

I do not Hate Ezra.

Last edited:
If we all can agree to disagree as it's a subjective viewing of a fictional show - then great.

THAT was all I was asking for,I don't mind at all if others don't hold the same view insomuch as any unpleasantness meant to them.

I don't require the merit of others for my view,respect in a forum is what is best but that does not always equal agreement.

Luke looks off to me in his size either cause he's too short for the age presentation or the homestead is proportionally too large.

I did not change my argument,I was considering your points and stated that as I still saw the proportions wrong in terms of the whole scene as Kenobi looked on then only leaving the homestead to be too large.

I do not Hate Ezra.
Except we know for a fact that Luke was the right height. So unless Lucasfilms comes out and says they are lying about using Ezra's model, there is nothing subjective about it. Especially on a show like Rebels, which is stylized to begin with. Also Luke is in a flat out anime style run. Something we have seen on the show before.

I never said you hated Ezra. I do know plenty at TFN that do however.

Except we know for a fact that Luke was the right height. So unless Lucasfilms comes out and says they are lying about using Ezra's model, there is nothing subjective about it. Especially on a show like Rebels, which is stylized to being with.

I never said you hated Ezra. I do know plenty at TFN that do however.

Well on that we shall have to agree to disagree.

Fact is the dimensions did not fit for me and that was disappointing.

It's a stylised show as you say so artistic license is in play and as for TFN - meh.

You mean before you got in an argument with 3 other people on the subject showing you seemed fine continuing it? :funny:

Also fantastic facts you brought. :up:

By the way, considering the way you are posting right now, I am curious if perhaps you have a past here under a different name.

I thought the same thing

Definitely Hunter :up:

I thought the same thing

Well it's off topic and thinking is a free right for anyone and all but I'm not.

Never interacted with anyone here before and have no previous or current beef with anyone.

Last edited:
Again... I want Kanan and the Bendu to play a bigger part in the close out.

It's been frustrating this season with how little focus Kanan and to a lesser extent, Hera have gotten this season. I know Ezra is the main character, but of the Ghost team, he's the least interesting.

Kanan is blind and not exactly the greatest Jedi ever. So I get it. What was needed is more mentoring. Because when he was mentoring Ezra and Sabine, it was pretty great imo.

Considering the way Kanan has been sidelined, and the way the Force in general has been sidelined I'm beginning to rethink my assumption that Kanan will survive the show. This season, Lucasfilm hasn't exactly shown much devotion and love for the character so I won't be surprised if they just kill him off next season.

I still consider Ezra a wildcard. I really don't know whether they would kill a teenage character on a kids cartoon show.

Well on that we shall have to agree to disagree.

Fact is the dimensions did not fit for me and that was disappointing.

It's a stylised show as you say so artistic license is in play and as for TFN - meh.

Facts aren't subjective nor can they be disagreed with. Facts are facts. They just are. You can't disagree that Ezra's model is average height for a teen. It is. The evidence of Ezra's height is on the screen. You can't disagree with the fact that they used Ezra's model for 16 year old Luke. If they did, and it seems they did, then they did and there is nothing to disagree about. You can't disagree that a 16 year old Luke could grow from Ezra's model's average height to 18 year old Luke's 5' 9" in the two years between that episode and ANH. That would be an average growth spurt for a developing teen of that age. Disagreeing with that biological fact is like trying to disagree that a chick becomes an adult bird, that a cub becomes an adult Lion, or that a tadpole can become a frog over a period of time. You can refuse to accept those fact (which is generally foolish) but you can't disagree with a fact.

Last edited:
For those stateside, Disney XD will be airing the hourlong season finale multiple times today:

• 11:00am
  • 5:00pm
  • 8:00pm
  • 10:30pm
  • 12:30am

Also, the finale is already available via On Demand...I'm a little over half way through!

Really enjoyed the finale overall, but I thought part one was better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"