Rebels Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

The only spoilers I've seen are
people complaining Kanan and Hera didn't kiss. :funny:

Saw it. I found it to be a good episode, though it felt as though they were holding back in some way and didn't really match up to the heights we got last year with Twilight of the Apprentice. But still, I enjoyed it.

Just finished watching it. Was good. In comparison to last years finale... it's like that finale closed out with a bit of the Clone Wars vibe... this years season closes out with an introduction to a Rogue One type vibe...

Next season stands to be pretty packed.

Luke did look like a small youngling in that last shot. Just from the way it was presented, he seemed very small when we know he should be about 17 at this point.

Liked the season finale as things are starting to go towards Rogue One. I was hoping Saw Gerrera and Obi-Wan would be in it.

We already saw Saw Gerrera and Obi-Wan. Doesn't make sense for Obi-Wan to leave Tatooine.

A decent finale but not as good as the one for season two. This felt more like a penultimate episode or a winter finale than a season finale really.

I love the season 2 finale, but why do people forget the season 1 finale? Fire Across the Galaxy might be the best episode of Rebels and it didn't need any special guest stars to pull it off.

What does it say when my favorite part of the finale is Hera calling Kanan "love".

Loved that space battle, and that music. Good finale. I can understand why it may rate lower than last seasons, I think it was a really great showing for Thrawn.

What does it say when my favorite part of the finale is Hera calling Kanan "love".

Loved that space battle, and that music. Good finale. I can understand why it may rate lower than last seasons, I think it was a really great showing for Thrawn.
Means you know how to fanboy right. :yay:

Mando Civil War ey? Well Bo Katan is always nice to see.

Hopefully with the Clone Wars elements they're bringing over we get to see Cody again. He and Rex have unfinished business that needs sorting out.

I love the season 2 finale, but why do people forget the season 1 finale? Fire Across the Galaxy might be the best episode of Rebels and it didn't need any special guest stars to pull it off.
Season 1 had a good finale, and I would say it was better than this one as well. It was a strong feel-good finale.

Hera's actually called him that since the first season. Always gave the sense the two were more than just comrades.

The only spoilers I've seen are
people complaining Kanan and Hera didn't kiss. :funny:

It wasn't really the type of episode for everyone to come together and have a kiss. Like the main characters survived and escaped from Thrawn, but the moment didn't feel right to have a celebratory kiss or something like that. Would've felt tonally off.

It would've been more acceptable if it happened after they rescued Kanan from Mustafar.

The scale of this episode was really impressive. It felt so much like Star Wars to me. Very similar to the Battle of Hoth in a lot of ways.

I thought this was a great finale I enjoyed it a lot. Great stuff loved the space battle, Hera calling Kanan "love", Kallus and Thrawn. A really great finale. Not the best of the seasons for Rebels compared to seasons 1&2 but nonetheless it delivered for myself. Ready for next season :up:

Good episode. I'm shocked but happy that Kallas lived to fight another day. Loved hearing Hera call Kanan "love" as she hasn't done that since S1.

Kanan's "I see a future for us" is ominous though.

I was happy with how things came out, definitely going to be cool to see what happens with Kallos. It was always clear that even though we knew that it would have a space battle we wouldn't see that Rebels actually "win" since their first real win will be at Scariff. Therefore the best the Rebels could hope for was to survive. It was also nice that although Thrawn failed it wasn't actually it was all due to the actions of others rather than due to a failure of his own strategy.

glad that Kallus is finally "part of the team." I was worried throughout this season that he would be a goner and not make it out alive once Thrawn caught on to him.

with the losses the rebels suffered in this finale, they will need someone like Kallus who has insider knowledge of the Empire. plus his military/strategy expertise as a general or whatever position he had.

Honestly, I think Kallus making some sort of noble sacrifice would've really underscored this season finale. Zeb was pretty much a background character, so if he had some sort of emotional goodbye with Zeb, I think that really would've worked. I know I was wrong about Kallus biting it this season, but I think it could've rounded things out.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think Kallus making some sort of noble sacrifice would've really underscored this season. Zeb was pretty much a background character, so if he had some sort of emotional goodbye with Zeb, I think that really would've worked.

perhaps. but Kallus now being part of the team brings a fresh face and new dynamic to the group. especially with Sabine sort of off doing her own thing with the Mandalorians.

Zeb and Kallus can have a chance to work together and "bond" more and do mission together - so that's something they can explore as well.

Honestly, I think Kallus making some sort of noble sacrifice would've really underscored this season finale. Zeb was pretty much a background character, so if he had some sort of emotional goodbye with Zeb, I think that really would've worked. I know I was wrong about Kallus biting it this season, but I think it could've rounded things out.

I was positive he would bite it, and I was very surprised that he didn't. But I still think it will happen before the series is over. Sooner rather than later if next season is the last.

So, with the Massassi and their connection to Yavin 4 being canon, I wonder if we won't see that being toyed around with next season to fill the void of Force shenanigans now that Maul is gone. Not that they'd out and out use the Exar Kun plotline from Legends, but some kind of take on that might be an interesting way to more incorporate the Dark Side.

I'd expect a return of Vader in some way. But you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"