Rebels Star Wars Rebels Season 4: An Open Discussion

As far as we know, Thrawn is still alive. So...I guess we can't rule it out ;)

As far as we know, Thrawn is still alive. So...I guess we can't rule it out ;)

In the Rebels Recon for the episode Filoni says that they both survived it. (at 7:25)

[YT]uR8Sn_2VRBA[/YT]

I must say that I was surprised at what they did but at the same time I thought something big would happen to Thrawn simply because he is so dangerous. In Rebels the only time Thrawn's plans failed it was due to someone like Price messing things up. In Rogue One the reason the Rebels don't want to attack Scariff is that they remember what Thrawn did to them the last time they massed their fleet at the end of Rebels season 3. If Thrawn had been around during the OT period you have to think that things could have gone very differently. In the finale we saw the only time someone actually beat Thrawn, and Ezra did that by doing something no one expected.

I do wonder what they have planned for next, we know that a live action TV series is in the works but I'm sure that something animated will also come. The live action series is supposed to come with the new streaming service which will start next year and I wouldn't be surprised if for an animated show about then too. Probably something announced this year around SDCC then a screening at Star Wars Celebration next year.

In the Rebels Recon for the episode Filoni says that they both survived it. (at 7:25)

[YT]uR8Sn_2VRBA[/YT]

Yeah that's what I was referring to. But we don't really know what happens to them at all after that jump other than that they are still "alive." We have no idea what state they are in.

But since Thrawn is technically alive...we can't completely rule out the idea of him getting involved with the First Order at some point ;)

But Yoda's aware of Ezra, right? Not having seen the finale I don't know whether Ezra's survival is known to Yoda, but if it is...

In the OT, Yoda's not sending Luke after Vader because he expects the familial bonds to turn Vader back, he's sending Luke to take him down to death-town plain & simple.

Ezra's basically the same age as Luke, and a buttload more proficient & accomplished. Yoda doesn't see the big picture as of Empire/Jedi, it comes off as a straight-up "we need a Jedi to go deal with him" thing, a sort of implication he feels he's personally too old or otherwise not up to it.

Why the hell not try to get in contact with Ezra? Or Ahsoka, more to the point if Yoda knows about her. You'd sort of figure on-paper it's a more sound plan than the whiney hillbilly kid spectre-Obi's convinced to show up at your hut.

Effectively Ezra's off the board during the Galactic Civil War in such a way that it wouldn't be feasible for Yoda or Obi-Wan to try and call on him. The Galaxy at large likely believes him dead.

Ezra dying would've made things a lot simpler.

I'm betting Ezra and Thrawn were marooned in the unknown regions. I don't know how they could've survived going through space in an exposed star destroyer bridge, but maybe there's some kind of mechanic with hyperspace that allowed them both to live through the voyage to wherever they ended up.

Ezra used his force powers to protect their bodies through the jump?

Going by the crewman's comment about the ships in the blockade being "gone" I wouldn't be surprised if the Purrgils moved the entire Seventh Fleet out to the Unknown Regions as well.

Liked the final and the series as a whole, I always felt it got unfairly hated on by some, simply because they were upset Clone Wars ended.

That being said I didn't care for the space whales, them responding to a special frequency and knowing to drag Thrawn's ship off into hyperspace was far fetched, I could never see something like that working in live-action. Also I would prefer if time-travel isn't explored any further.

Seems like the next series is primed to follow the Ghost crew following the events of ROTJ. There are quite a few possible directions for Thrawn and Erza. Thrawn being a leader within the First Order, and Erza being one of the Knights of Ren is possible since they seemed to have ended up in the Unknown Regions, which is where the First Order came from.

Effectively Ezra's off the board during the Galactic Civil War in such a way that it wouldn't be feasible for Yoda or Obi-Wan to try and call on him. The Galaxy at large likely believes him dead.

Yeah, this is about the only way it makes sense, that this portal stuff cuts him off from awareness of others using the Force.

If Yoda figures they're both dead, then okay. It's still a little annoying, but guess it doesn't really starkly contradict anything.

Then again, do we figure Ezra's still aware of what's going on in the "regular galaxy" from his position in this Force-dimension? If he's able to leave there, in any way, you'd sort of figure he'd be trying to do that, type of guy that he is he wouldn't just sit it out.

I get that Lucasfilm's not going to want to kill their lead off in a kid's show, totally understandable. Guess it's just the sort of thing that grinds the nerves a little, knowing there are two proficient, Jedi-Knight-level people out there still breathing during the rest of the Empire/Rebels conflict.

I mean, Ahsoka likely stayed hidden, because she knew if she resurfaced, she shouldn't count on a save from a space portal again when Vader finds her.

And really, do you give Obi-wan and Yoda guff for sitting on their asses for 19 years?

Yeah, this is about the only way it makes sense, that this portal stuff cuts him off from awareness of others using the Force.

If Yoda figures they're both dead, then okay. It's still a little annoying, but guess it doesn't really starkly contradict anything.

Then again, do we figure Ezra's still aware of what's going on in the "regular galaxy" from his position in this Force-dimension? If he's able to leave there, in any way, you'd sort of figure he'd be trying to do that, type of guy that he is he wouldn't just sit it out.

I get that Lucasfilm's not going to want to kill their lead off in a kid's show, totally understandable. Guess it's just the sort of thing that grinds the nerves a little, knowing there are two proficient, Jedi-Knight-level people out there still breathing during the rest of the Empire/Rebels conflict.

Ezra's not in the World Between Worlds, he and Thrawn were pulled into the Unknown Regions of the Galaxy. Which, like its name suggests, isn't really explored or easily traversable. It would be the equivalent of medieval ships being blown off course to, say, New Zealand.

I mean, Ahsoka likely stayed hidden, because she knew if she resurfaced, she shouldn't count on a save from a space portal again when Vader finds her.

And really, do you give Obi-wan and Yoda guff for sitting on their asses for 19 years?

Why would that matter to Ahsoka Tano when her friends and allies needed saving and the galaxy was in peril?

Obi-Wan Kenobi we at least know where he was and what he was doing. Same with Yoda.

What's Ahsoka's excuse?

Totally. Yoda basically fought Sheev to a tie in ROTS, and Obi obviously curbstomped Anakin into a toasty cripple.

That initial year or few years after ROTS, they could have mounted some sort of covert offensive to take them out. We've seen how easily a 60-something Obi infiltrates the Death Star of all things.

Sure, they didn't know Vader survived, at least in those initial years between trilogies. And ostensibly they couldn't get into the belly of the beast on Coruscant to take out Palps, but from what we know Palps did leave Coruscant on occasion. You'd kinda figure Yoda being Yoda could eventually track his location somewhere through the Force. You'd figure Yoda & Obi could take Palpatine one-on-one if Yoda could alone, and 30-something Obi's already bested Anakin.

Sort of a tangent here from the thread topic, but yeah, I totally think Yoda & Obi could have mounted some covert attempt to cut the head off the snake.

Totally. Yoda basically fought Sheev to a tie in ROTS, and Obi obviously curbstomped Anakin into a toasty cripple.

That initial year or few years after ROTS, they could have mounted some sort of covert offensive to take them out. We've seen how easily a 60-something Obi infiltrates the Death Star of all things.

Sure, they didn't know Vader survived, at least in those initial years between trilogies. And ostensibly they couldn't get into the belly of the beast on Coruscant to take out Palps, but from what we know Palps did leave Coruscant on occasion. You'd kinda figure Yoda being Yoda could eventually track his location somewhere through the Force. You'd figure Yoda & Obi could take Palpatine one-on-one if Yoda could alone, and 30-something Obi's already bested Anakin.

Sort of a tangent here from the thread topic, but yeah, I totally think Yoda & Obi could have mounted some covert attempt to cut the head off the snake.

Obi-Wan would never leave Tatooine without Luke. Which is why I'm wary of an Obi-Wan movie.

Obi-Wan would never leave Tatooine without Luke. Which is why I'm wary of an Obi-Wan movie.

Maybe not willingly. But they could tell a story about Obi being kidnapped or enslaved and getting dragged off planet and tangled up in some plot then having to get back to Tatooine. Or do a western type film set entirely on Tatooine similar to the Legends Obi Wan book.

I think the only reasons he'd willingly leave Tatooine is if he had to leave to face a threat or to go on a quest that was vital to his mission to protect Luke or if Luke was taken. Luke being taken off planet presents obvious canon problems so that's unlikely.

Last edited:
It's hard for me to accept that Kenobi ever left Tatooine in those intervening 19 years.

Yeah, I'm praying they don't touch upon Obi Wan, or as little from the OT as possible. Ive already been turned off by the Solo film just for the sheer reason, he was already a great character, the only thing I feel they can do with him is tarnish the character.

Now, to discuss about Ahsoka / Ezra being alive during the whole rebellion,

I'm okay with it, It wasn't their battle or purpose in life, yes, Ahsoka always had a connection to Anakin, but I felt they gave her an out on a separate mission, and Yoda I felt knew their role in the galaxy was never too be the difference maker, that was solely Luke's and Leia's. Which too me was the whole point of the Skywalker lineage too bring that balance too the force. (Another reason I disliked 8.)

I think my biggest disappointment is if I never see a real life thrawn, in a live action film. That dude is actually incredibly well written, and I'd love too see other people go up against him, I just feel there's so much depth there.
And I really hope they don't ever lead to Thrawn being lead to the darkside of the force, and keep him as this militaristic force, as I do feel all these different characters and their roles have a place in the universe. I also like the idea of Jedi/Sith have to rely on non-force wielding users in situations.

I think it's pretty clearly established that Thrawn isn't Force sensitive. He's always been "the" big villain that couldn't wield it and I can't see Lucasfilm throwing that to the wind.

He seems almost indifferent towards the Force or as if he views it as "devilry". We've never seen Jedi or Sith Chiss in the current canon. That could change but I have to wonder if the Chiss are unable to connect to the Force. If they are not able to connect to it their society wouldn't be concerned about the Force, and it wouldnt feature prominently in their culture. Which could explain Thrawn's attitude.

A cool alternative would be the Chiss having their own entirely unique group of Force Users that developed in the Chiss Empire in the Unknown Regions and never interacted with Sith or Jedi or any of the other Force Sects outside of the Unknown Regions. That could allow the canon to have a new really alien unique group of Force Users.

Well the reason why we don't have the Ysalamiri in canon is because Lucas and Filoni discussed it and Lucas basically said that there is no living creature in Star Wars that is seperate from the Force. So I don't think they'll have an entire race incapable of using it.

I think it's more to do with the fact that the Chiss Ascendancy has been isolated from the rest of the galaxy for hundreds of years, the religion hasn't really reached them and it's probably not something that's taught among their people. There's also the alternative that Thrawn himself is just weird, even to his own people.

Why don’t you like the Ahsoka stuff? Is she the other character that is your least favorite?
Because like with Ezra they do really dumb things to keep them alive, trying to circumvent the main story of the Skywalkers. Luke should be the only Jedi around RotJ and the only Jedi around TLJ. Now they have surviving Vader and have her dressed up like Luke in TLJ, all in white. That's stupid.

IMHO, Ahsoka really didn't need to survive Malachor. And having her survive and return to that time frame just to remove her from the entire Galactic Civil War makes no sense.

Ezra dying to save his home world is really the simplest and easiest outcome. Now you have to come up with some really contrived reasoning for how he survived an UNPROTECTED jump through hyperspace, along with Thrawn. It's not even about proper physics and science to me.

The Chimera's bridge was exposed to the hyperspace vacuum. As far as I know, humans and Chiss in Star Wars don't have bodies that are built for hyperspace travel like the Purggils.

Unless...

This is what creates Supreme Leader Snoke. The hyperspace jump caused their bodies to smoosh together and create Snoke's twisted form.

Snoke isn't Ezra. Snoke isn't Thrawn. He's Ezrawn! The Purrgils go to the Unknown Regions, and that's where Ezrawn uncovers all the lost forbidden knowledge of the Sith and Jedi. And he uses that to take over the First Order.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"