Star Wars (Respawn Entertainment)

The gameplay looks like a strong starting point, but I don't know about how much actual depth it will have for the entire game. It really does look like a bit of an advanced mashup of Jedi Outcast and The Force Unleashed. I hope that by release, it is more refined, the gameplay is fast (even the blaster bolts looked slow) and the game isn't criminally short.

This, thought they might have learned from the backlash from Force Unleashed but I guess not.
They are not going to sell an M rated Star Wars game. They just aren't.

Since there isnt any blood they might be able to get dismemberment into a T game. Even the films have dismemberment and they manage a PG13.

Since there isnt any blood they might be able to get dismemberment into a T game. Even the films have dismemberment and they manage a PG13.
The films do very little dismemberment. If you put it in this game, you'd theoretically be able to dismember every human villain you run into. Droids and aliens would theoretically be fine.

The gameplay looks like a strong starting point, but I don't know about how much actual depth it will have for the entire game. It really does look like a bit of an advanced mashup of Jedi Outcast and The Force Unleashed. I hope that by release, it is more refined, the gameplay is fast (even the blaster bolts looked slow) and the game isn't criminally short.
That's what I thought also, but considering I did love those games (Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy a bit more than The Force Unleashed), I'm up for a next-gen game in that style.

That's what I thought also, but considering I did love those games (Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy a bit more than The Force Unleashed), I'm up for a next-gen game in that style.
I played them all. Outcast and Academy are a couple of my favorite games. I played and enjoyed the Force Unleashed games, but I wouldn't call them great. What I hope for here is something that feels more substantial when you play it.

The Dark Forces games are great. :argh:

It looks good, but nothing about it really wowed me, and EA is not getting me to pay full price for this if they don't manage to actually show something that genuinely impresses me.

The Dark Forces games are great. :argh:
m78vOro.gif

Nah, like I said, I enjoyed them all. But for me, it was the last two that I really loved. Probably because I didn't play the first two until the release of Outcast.

Ay fair point guess there would be too much negative press from some quarters if they tried to do that, its a shame but it is what it is I guess. Hope the rest of the game has enough depth and scope to make it a minor issue in the end, so far I am on the fence.

Frankly the M rating is a joke in the game industry so it's stupid to even make a big deal over it. Only a very small group would fuss and they wouldnt have any actual influence. And since Disney is so hands off with the games side of the property I do think we will get an M rated star wars game eventually. Just gotta wait for it.

I don't want any dismemberment in actual gameplay. Whenever that happens in the movies it's kind of a WTF moment, not standard Jedi procedure, surely? A Jedi going around chopping off limbs just seems wrong :hehe:

didn't Force Unleashed games feature dismemberment ( I think 2nd one did at least )? it fits Starkiller more since he was a Sith apprentice turned anti-hero.

but yeah, chopping off heads/limbs doesn't really fit the Jedi style........lol

didn't Force Unleashed games feature dismemberment ( I think 2nd one did at least )? it fits Starkiller more since he was a Sith apprentice turned anti-hero.

but yeah, chopping off heads/limbs doesn't really fit the Jedi style........lol

Then why do they walk around with weapons that can cut someone in half, requiring absolutely no amount of physical force to do so? :cwink:
Our very first showing of a jedi in action was seen chopping off limbs as well.

As for the gameplay, I am sure there will be a mod for it. I remember there were something for the Jedi Outcast game that enabled you to pick enemies apart.

Then why do they walk around with weapons that can cut someone in half, requiring absolutely no amount of physical force to do so? :cwink:
Our very first showing of a jedi in action was seen chopping off limbs as well.

As for the gameplay, I am sure there will be a mod for it. I remember there were something for the Jedi Outcast game that enabled you to pick enemies apart.

true......lol.

I'm personally more interested in this feeling like Star Wars, than being able to slice stormtroopers into a million little pieces.

Sure, a limb is lost then and there in the films, but it's not nearly as horrific as it could be.

There is something really uninspiring about this so far. Looks kinda dull, I dunno.

(and then there's EA of course)

It's just a star wars skin over Titanfall's framework. The visuals dont even look that good for this generation. I dont even like the look of the lightsaber. But this is alpha footage so maybe it will be better in its final form.

It's just a star wars skin over Titanfall's framework. The visuals dont even look that good for this generation. I dont even like the look of the lightsaber. But this is alpha footage so maybe it will be better in its final form.
Titanfall wouldn't be the comparison. Uncharted, Prince of Persia, Bloodborne. Yeah. Titanfall? Why?

Titanfall wouldn't be the comparison. Uncharted, Prince of Persia, Bloodborne. Yeah. Titanfall? Why?
Because you're controlling mechs against other mechs? :D:

I didn't get the Titanfall comparison, but the visuals I'd say are ok/fine rather than anything great. As you say it might be better in final form, but otherwise it seems a little unambitious to me. I'm sure I'll enjoy playing it regardless, but I would prefer them to really go for it with these games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"