Star Wars (Respawn Entertainment)

I haven’t had that particular glitch, but I’ve had plenty of doors and walls lose their textures completely.

From what I've seen, it looks like it could've used a little bit more time for polishing and fixing bugs.

I don't think I will get this game. I don't think I could handle the checkpoint system.

Will likely be getting this on steam when the price drops. Loving what I'm hearing about it.

After Battlefront I & II for the PS4... This is a breath of fresh air for Star Wars video games. I love action adventure games in general, so this was right up my alley. Really reminds me of Uncharted.

I wasn't ready for Dathomir though... I'm gonna head to Zeffo before I try and take on the Nighsisters & Nightbrothers.

I haven't gotten this much enjoyment out of a single-player Star Wars single-player game since The Force Unleashed.

I wasn't ready for Dathomir though... I'm gonna head to Zeffo before I try and take on the Nighsisters & Nightbrothers.
I visited Dathomir after going to Zeffo. You can't really do much there in the beginning of the game.

The lack of fast travel back to the Mantis is frustrating and feels like a way of padding the length of the game. I've wasted god only knows how much time getting lost in these labyrinth maps trying to get back to the Mantis and that damn messy holo map is little use. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have the droid project all the floor levels simultaneously should be slapped.

The game hard crashed on me last night. It was when the
Mantis crashed into the arena.
I had to replay the arena fight.

Ive had some minor glitches too. Some minor texture glitches. And if I pan the camera around Cal when he is standing still it causes some hideous tearing on the lightsaber blade. On Bogado I caused Cal to phase through a wall but I managed to get back out before Cal fell through the map.

This is pretty much a mash-up of Dark Souls and Star Wars, and I love it.

Cal is a ****ing powerhouse when hes fully upgraded. All I have to do is Force grab an enemy and stab them and it's an instant kill. I've done this to waves of enemies on Dathomir and
Nur.
and his split saber ability makes short work of the enemies stamina.

It doesnt work with purge Troopers tho.

I like this game, what I do not like is the 1-3 minute in game pause it does sometimes ( I suppose to load in more assets?) .

So I'm not the only one facing these glitches. The game just crashed on me on the wookie planet and I've had other bugs like falling through the map. Sometimes loading also takes a ridiculous amount of time.

They seriously need to patch this up.

I want to take my time on this and play some other games at the same time for variety (midway through Luigi's Mansion 3 and been playing The Old Republic, taking a break from them for this game), but a**hole youtubers keep making videos with spoilers in the titles and thumbnails so I'm kinda compelled to play through this faster than I normally would to avoid spoilers. The game hasn't even been out for half a week and they just can't help but try and spoil it for everyone.

I'm very early on in this game, I completed the Wookie planet mission and am now back at Zeffo and had to stop playing last night because I got frustrated going around in circles trying to find the 1st objective on the 2nd trip to Zeffo. I love the game and hate it at the same time. Love the story, hate the map and how easy it is to get lost.

I've heard this feels like a Dark Souls type of game. Is that true?

also, in terms of Force powers, can you only use Light side powers, or are there Dark side powers like lightning, choke, etc.?

also, in terms of Force powers, can you only use Light side powers, or are there Dark side powers like lightning, choke, etc.?
Haven't played Dark Souls so I can't really speak too much on that, but the game's difficulty settings can make the combat very unforgiving if you want, you really have to rely on properly timing your counters and dodges, if you try to button mash your way through fights the game will punish you for it even at the lower difficulties, the force powers are game changers when it comes to combat, and add a good sense of progression. And no, there are not any dark side powers for you to learn. Outside of combat this game takes pretty heavy influence from Tomb Raider and Metroid Prime.

The combat is based on Souls/Borne/Sekiro, but is much easier. Unless you play on Grand Master. Don't do that. This is a Jedi game, about a Jedi. He uses Jedi powers only.

So I am about 80% done with this, and I have to say this might be my favorite Star Wars game. It's amazing, both in terms of the gameplay and the story. It is like a wicked blend of the best games of the last decade, with a bit of Souls here, Uncharted there, Metroidvania there, etc. And it all works really well. But the story. God damn the story. It's great. It plays like the bridge between TCW and Rebels. It's so good, with so much expanded universe material. It's so great. Can't wait to see how this ends.

Haven't played Dark Souls so I can't really speak too much on that, but the game's difficulty settings can make the combat very unforgiving if you want, you really have to rely on properly timing your counters and dodges, if you try to button mash your way through fights the game will punish you for it even at the lower difficulties, the force powers are game changers when it comes to combat, and add a good sense of progression. And no, there are not any dark side powers for you to learn. Outside of combat this game takes pretty heavy influence from Tomb Raider and Metroid Prime.

The combat is based on Souls/Borne/Sekiro, but is much easier. Unless you play on Grand Master. Don't do that. This is a Jedi game, about a Jedi. He uses Jedi powers only.
thanks.

So I finally realized today (pretty late) that the actor for Cal came from playing the Joker on the Gotham series to become a Jedi, while Mark Hamill went from being a Jedi to voicing the Joker.

Funny how the world goes, sometimes... :joker:

Last edited:
So I finally realized today (pretty late) that the actor for Cal came from playing the Joker on the Gothan series to become a Jedi, while Mark Hamill went from being a Jedi to voicing the Joker.

Funny how the world goes, sometimes... :joker:
He's also Ian the bi-polar gay military deserter turned renegade preacher prisoner Gallagher on Shameless.

The end of the game is such a sequel tease. :hehe:

And I am for it!!! This feels like the start of something much bigger and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Also I am totally shipping:

Cal and Merrin.

That is a classic Luke Skywalker EU relationship.

The end of the game is such a sequel tease. :hehe:

And I am for it!!! This feels like the start of something much bigger and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Also I am totally shipping:

Cal and Merrin.

That is a classic Luke Skywalker EU relationship.
I really hope EA lets them do a sequel, would also love to see a game like this set during the Clone Wars or maybe even before the prequel era.

I obviously suck at this game, because every time I have a new objective, I keep running in circles, until I finally get annoyed enough that I stop playing.

I have to admit that atm I am playing on easy difficulty, I'm currently going through all the zones looking for chests, secrets etc but the thought of doing all that back and forth at normal difficulty doesn't excite me so I have dropped the difficulty down while I go looking in every nook and cranny. I am enjoying the game a lot but the one thing it really could do with is some sort of quick travel, even limited quick travel would be enough to improve things.

I obviously suck at this game, because every time I have a new objective, I keep running in circles, until I finally get annoyed enough that I stop playing.
I honestly don't have any trouble finding my way around. Maybe it's because I love Metroidvanias and the Souls series, where you have to find your way?

With that said, I do like the game, and really like the story and voice acting, but I feel like the game could've been a bit more polished. Grabbing onto ledges and ziplines can be tricky, My character seems to have a hard time grabbing it. Ropes have been fine, though. Also, enemy AI could be tweeked. I don't like how everyone evades by jumping backwards on you. I wish they would mix it a up a bit. After you fight a particular character, you know how they'll move every time. There's not much to it, and their evades are more annoying than challenging. Also, enemy locations seem random. There's one area where they have 3 Rocket Troopers in one tiny hut, and that feels so lazy to me. It's not hard to get to them, but it just feels like the developers were like, "ah screw it, just put a bunch of them here".

But overall, I like it. It just needed a bit more polish to be an excellent game. Definitely worth it to buy now and play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"