The Bad Batch Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Animated Series Coming to Disney+ in 2021

Snow Queen

Universally Loathed Feminazi (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
star-wars-the-bad-batch-logo-scaled.jpg

Disney+ has ordered the next Lucasfilm animated series, Star Wars: The Bad Batch with a premiere set for 2021.

Clone Wars architect and The Mandalorian EP and director Dave Filoni will return for Bad Batch as EP, alongside Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Brad Rau (Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars Resistance) and Jennifer Corbett (Star Wars Resistance, NCIS) with Carrie Beck (The Mandalorian, Star Wars Rebels) as co-executive producer and Josh Rimes as producer (Star Wars Resistance). Rau is also serving as supervising director with Corbett as head writer.

The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch – a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army — each possess a singular exceptional skill which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose.

“Giving new and existing fans the final chapter of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ has been our honor at Disney+, and we are overjoyed by the global response to this landmark series,” said Agnes Chu, senior vice president, Content, Disney+. “While the Clone Wars may have come to its conclusion, our partnership with the groundbreaking storytellers and artists at Lucasfilm Animation is only beginning. We are thrilled to bring Dave Filoni’s vision to life through the next adventures of the Bad Batch.”

Last edited:
The Bad Batch are characters I have no real interest in. I found their episodes in the last season in particular to be a major slog to get through so an entire show about them is just about the last thing I want, but I do like the timeline this is set in. We might see glimpses of Vader in this seeing as it’s a post-ROTS series but I much rather see an animated series exclusively focused on Ahsoka in that timeline than anything with the bad batch.

But I’m curious will this be in the Clone Wars style of animation or will this look more like Rebels/Resistance? Guess we’ll wait and see.

This is pretty much what I wanted as a sequel to Clone Wars so I'm interested. I still want an animated Luke Skywalker show tho. And a new animated Ahsoka show set after ROTJ.

I'm honestly most interested in the rumors about this show featuring Quinlan Vos and continuing Barris' story. But hey, my boy Echo is in the spotlight, so it's got that going for it!

I do hope we eventually get an animation for tracking the main heroes' actions post-ROTJ.

This one looks awesome. I wasn't too sure what to expect when it was first announced, but daaarn, they got me with that sizzle lol

I was skeptical, but this looks amazing, nice to see the animation style continue as well, looks gorgeous.

The trailer really sells me on my point of interest in this series: as a Clone Wars aftermath show. Clones everywhere working for the Empire now? Yes please. Keeping the animation style? Love it. Probably picking up a number of recurring characters across these shows and potentially exploring things like the Empire's takeover of Mandalore? Give it to me now. Bonus Fennec Shand appearance? A+. My hesitation remains the Bad Batch themselves, who didn't really endear me to them in the seventh season outside of as a foil for Rex.

Interesting. I see precursors to Dark Troopers and it almost looks like Clone Commandos.

The Bad Batch are characters I have no real interest in. I found their episodes in the last season in particular to be a major slog to get through so an entire show about them is just about the last thing I want, but I do like the timeline this is set in. We might see glimpses of Vader in this seeing as it’s a post-ROTS series but I much rather see an animated series exclusively focused on Ahsoka in that timeline than anything with the bad batch.

But I’m curious will this be in the Clone Wars style of animation or will this look more like Rebels/Resistance? Guess we’ll wait and see.
I'd prefer Clone Wars style.

Boy this really makes me wish Rebels kept the Clone Wars animation. Not that there is anything wrong with the more simplistic art style but I always wished Rebels got the big budget the last season of Clone Wars and this looks to be getting.

The Return of Fennec Shand: Ming-Na Wen on Finding her Voice as the Elite Assassin in The Mandalorian | StarWars.com

Now, with an impressive resumé that includes her legendary vocal performance in Disney’s animated classic Mulan, Agent Melinda May on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and most recently Fennec Shand on The Mandalorian, there’s no doubt that, like Luke, she’s accomplished her wildest dreams. She’ll even be reprising the role of the elite assassin in the upcoming animated series Star Wars: The Bad Batch, which follows a special team of clone troopers at the dawn of the Galactic Empire.

“Do you know how long I’ve had to keep silent about Fennec coming back?” she asks with a joyful laugh. “This is the first time I’ve been able to talk about it!” After the sizzle reel for the upcoming Star Wars animation project was revealed last week, Wen still had to stay mum for a few more days, Filoni told her. Her response? “Dave, if you wanted to keep it a secret you shouldn’t have put me in the trailer!” she laughs. “Everybody is saying they just want the confirmation. So, yes, it is Fennec! It’s a younger Fennec and she is voiced by me and I’m thrilled and beyond happy that Dave wanted to create more of a backstory for her.”

What are the chances that Boba and Fennec meet in this? There wasn’t anything that precludes them having a pre-established relationship was there?

What are the chances that Boba and Fennec meet in this? There wasn’t anything that precludes them having a pre-established relationship was there?

That works for me, she definitely had a reputation among Bounty Hunters (see bellow quote (and Bad Batch is retroactively putting her in play)), to where it would absolutely make sense if Fett and Shand could have crossed paths before, they both worked for the Hutts. So maybe one time tentative allies and rivals, yet with a shared interest.
Enough that when he stumbles across her shot on Tatooine, he already knows (at least by reputation) that it's worth it to make sure she survives.

"Din Djarin to Toro Calican - "Fennec Shand is an elite mercenary. She made her name killing for all the top crime syndicates, including the Hutts. If you go after her, you won't make it past sunrise.""

Last edited:
I think my only issue with the Bad Batch arc was they didn't do a good job of setting up Echo wanting to join them and leave with them.

I guess what I'd like to know, who is their commander and who was giving them orders? How do they separate from the Empire after the fall of the Republic and Senate? Did the have brain chips or not?

I thought the arc with Ahsoka and the sisters was far worse and not well written. Felt like waste of time and they could've finished it in one or two episodes tops.

It seems Collider jumped the gun - they announced this will premiere on Tuesday, May 4th, but have since pulled the article.

Last edited:
It seems Collider jumped the gun - they announced this will premiere on Tuesday, May 4th, but have since pulled the article.

Wouldn't be the first time they have done something like that. In all honesty though I don't pay a lick of attention to Collider anymore as Marc Fernandez completely ruined that place.

Am I the only one who imagines Lizzo singing “You coulda had a bad batch” whenever the title of this show is mentioned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"