The Bad Batch Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Season 1 (Spoiler Discussion)

I really enjoyed episode 4:

- The show is falling into it's Rebels groove, and I am all for that. Each episode is it's own little adventure, and while I do feel some will feel it is a little too "small" on a week to week basis, this show is going to be an amazing binge type of show imo.

- Omega has turned my brother to the dark side! To quote him "I'd through Grogurt in front of Omega to protect her." :funny:

- Loved all the Fennec. Very reminiscence of the bounty hunter episodes of TCW, and I really enjoyed that aspect of it.

- A TCW planet and race! :mrk:

- The show inherited it's explosions from Rebels and I love them.

- The recognition of Echo's droidness was so on point and a very good chuckle.

- From the way that episode ended, I don't think this is the end of Fennec here and I am very excited about that.

Great episode!

I had high hopes for the Fennec Shand episode from the trailers and it didnt disappoint at all.

We got loads of fun Star Wars stuff, bounty hunting, slightly more world building with people actually clapping and applauding Emperial rule which was an interesting take on things and a fantastic chase sequence, similar to the opening of TCW in a lot of ways.

Shand is a great character to have chasing the Bad Batch and Omega as she can deal with Wrecker and Hunter in a straight fight as well, their number of enemies is growing each episode.

I guess we all assume the Kaminoans (spelling!!?) hired Shand or is that too obvious, who else could she possibly be in contact with at the end? Damn I wish they would drop all the episodes to binge this!! :funny:

Great episode!

I had high hopes for the Fennec Shand episode from the trailers and it didnt disappoint at all.

We got loads of fun Star Wars stuff, bounty hunting, slightly more world building with people actually clapping and applauding Emperial rule which was an interesting take on things and a fantastic chase sequence, similar to the opening of TCW in a lot of ways.

Shand is a great character to have chasing the Bad Batch and Omega as she can deal with Wrecker and Hunter in a straight fight as well, their number of enemies is growing each episode.

I guess we all assume the Kaminoans (spelling!!?) hired Shand or is that too obvious, who else could she possibly be in contact with at the end? Damn I wish they would drop all the episodes to binge this!! :funny:
Possibly a Jedi. Or whoever commissioned the Kaminoans to make Omega. Or Gideon may be after Omega.

The Bad Batch really need to have a stern talk with Omega. She's curious and her wide eyed curiosity is precious and learning is good for her, but her curiosity resulted in the deaths of 2 pantoran police officers and a civilian. Wrecker and Hunter both could have been killed as well. And now they have a bounty hunter/assassin on their tails. She shouldn't be running off without telling at least one of the Bad Batch first.

They also need to at least change the paint and markings on their armor. Their armor and markings are probably in Inperial or Kaminoan databases, and the armor is close enough to standard clone armor to draw attention from authorities and Imperials.

Uncle Wrecker going into protector mode immediately when Hunter said Omega was attacked was so damn wholesome. I love it!

Shand was good as expected.

Yes I guess it depends on who else knows of Omerga's existence and links back to why she was created in the first place and for whom.

Omega is bright eye'd and full of yearning to explore but its getting her in a lot of trouble and with her overly protected upbringing on Kamino she isnt fully aware of the dangers in the world but she is learning the hard way. Shand is clearly not going to give up on the chase and with Crosshair no doubt not far away with the elite's there's a lot of people gunning for them already, Omega's going to need to wise up and learn fast to survive in this world.

Its going to be fun to see what she develops into.

Great to see Fennec and she was every bit as good as I could have hoped for. I expect we’ll be seeing her again down the line.

Episode 5: Rampage

Where Omega continues to redefine the concept of adorable:

pAsuOgJ.gif

So, Jabba’s pet Rancor has a name. And it’s Moochie :funny:

Enjoyable filler episode. It was cool to see Ord Mantell after so long. I remember Han name dropping that planet in Empire Strikes Back

Something bad is gonna go down with Wrecker. These past few episodes have been teasing that his inhibitor chip will likely light up and it will affect the entire team

Hope we see what’s going down with Crosshair next episode

Yeah, I am already in love with this show:

- I am digging the semi-decent pass in which oMEga is becoming a Bad Batcher. Her comlink and bow-shield are quite awesome.

- oMEga's child like wonderment at getting her com reminds me of the first time I got a walkie-talkie as a kid. Except you know, hers was way cooler and her first use was as usual, incredibly adorable.

- My brother and Snow guessed Moochie was "the rancor" pretty early, and it was fun to see they were right. Funny enough, we watched RotJ tonight. So we witnessed her first and last appearance on the same night. :hehe::hehe:

- Moochie reminded me of a video game character the way she looked and moved, and I dug it. It was fun, especially the Rocky-like punching to exhaustion with Wreckah.

- Moochie is apparently another retcon. That's going to go over well. :o

- Seeing the slavers again, a group from one of my favorite TCW arcs, was nice. My brother made a nice joke about how he is unsure why they still existence now that Vader is a round, and it is a good point. Part of me feels like Vader would be other there with a Star Destroyer pretty quickly. :funny:

- Is there a reason Bib has that turkey waddle thing? I don't remember any other male twe'lik having that.

- The Fennec mystery. The chance of it being just the Cloners feel low now. Boba or someone else we know, has to be the reveal, right?

- Oh and it was nice to see Huntah actually wearing his helmet. It's such a nice design, we rarely get to see. Beautiful.

- oMEga customizing her doll to be a Bad Batcher was such a perfect Star Wars fan reference. I also can't wait to see oMEga's costume figure on sale at Galaxy's Edge. :D

Loving the ROTJ tie in's here!! Rancor, Bib and Gamorrean Guard's!!! Another great fun episode and the whole Fennec thing may not be as clear as the Kimonoens sending her, probably be revealed a bit later that but if we get more ROTJ links I am all for it. Jabba, Boba bring it all on.

I like that Omega is actually useful to the team but still "learning on the job" and I like her bow weapon she picked up from the slavers, seems right for her.

Wrecker is a worry though, how many time's can one man smack his head right on his inhibitor chip, its clearly going to be an issue down the road and I kind of cant wait to see which Jedi it is thats going to be tested by it when he flips the switch.

I like the team are now back taking missions to earn cash and survive in the underground world to stay afloat but also on the run and cant really know who to trust, if anyone. They have each other and thats it, I feel the walls will be closing in on them before too long and will run out of places to hide. Still with so many episodes to go its going to be a blast all the way and not a single episode has been dull or had no fun in it. Cant wait to binge this whole once its all done for the season.

Really liked this episode and glad to see they are leveling up Omega. I'm also not ready for whatever they're gonna do with Wrecker. I do think they are going overboard a little with the cameos.

Wrecker is sick maybe?

Congrats Luke Skywalker, you killed Moochie. Ya jerk.

According to Finnish subtitles, the Rancor's name is Moochi, without the "e".

And at least he got to go out in style as an adult, killed by Luke.

Holly molly, just seen the most insane theory online about the Bad Batch/ROTJ.

Probably nothing but an "internet thing" but pretty crazy if it turns out to be linked in any way.

For those that want to play the game check out the ROTJ scene where Leia sell's Chewie to Jabba at the Palace. Thats your only clue...:cwink:

The way they're playing the Fennec mystery really makes me think the Kaminoans are a misdirection for it. Maybe it'll turn out to be them, but how cagey they're being seems like we're supposed to think that until it turns out to be someone else.

- Moochie is apparently another retcon. That's going to go over well. :o
Already, Pablo Hidalgo is telling fans on Twitter that "It's twenty years until then, maybe it's a different rancor" which sounds believable as to what they'll go with but, let's be real, this is supposed to be that rancor. That's the whole reason Bib shows up.

Already, Pablo Hidalgo is telling fans on Twitter that "It's twenty years until then, maybe it's a different rancor" which sounds believable as to what they'll go with but, let's be real, this is supposed to be that rancor. That's the whole reason Bib shows up.
Pablo being useless? That never happens. :o

- Is there a reason Bib has that turkey waddle thing? I don't remember any other male twe'lik having that.

Orn Free Taa. I think it develops as they get fatter. Bib in Mando was looking a lot like Taa there at the end.

Good episode. Loved the little down low high five Wrecker and Omega had in Sids. Omega being a kid is just adorable. I thought I recognized Bib at first, but then the Bad Batch was looking at rescuing a Falleen family, and I got my hopes up that were dashed. The baby rancor was great. Very cute while beating up on slavers. Him and Wrecker going at it was just wonderful.

Holly molly, just seen the most insane theory online about the Bad Batch/ROTJ.

Probably nothing but an "internet thing" but pretty crazy if it turns out to be linked in any way.

For those that want to play the game check out the ROTJ scene where Leia sell's Chewie to Jabba at the Palace. Thats your only clue...:cwink:

Neat. I think I see what you mean. And it's pretty much canon that Rex is in Return of the Jedi, so there's precedent.

I’m getting into this show more and more with each episode. The rancor was cute haha. I like that they have to do deals with shady characters and it looks Fennec Shand will get a fair bit more as she continues to be referenced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"