Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm leaning towards a clone in the 501st when I go with a second character. I want to get Mara situated first, though.

That was my second guess...

Curse my self loathing!

Star Wars: The RPG Character Application

Screen Name:
Catman_prb

Character you wish to play: Carron Vine

Race (such as Human, Wookie, Transdoshan, Hutt, Twi'lek, Rodian, Bothan, droid, Mon Calimari, etc): Human (again)

Faction (does your character belong to a group, such as the New Republic, The Imperial Remnant, the Bounty Hunter's Guild, a specific crime syndicate, etc): New Republic

Background (list the history of your character here. Created Characters Must Be Thorough!): Carron was born on Bespin, in Cloud City. He could often be found sneaking around the city, spying on people and generally getting places he wasn't meant to go. Once he became eighteen, he left to join the Rebellion, with his father's approval. He quickly came under the tutelage of a bothan spymaster, going on several successful missions. Unfortunately, he was captured and imprisoned on the planet Eriadu. As the war turned poorly for the Empire, they realised that their political prisoners could be used as bargaining tools. Carron was taken to the spice mines of Kessel for additional protection on a converted freighter. However, the the cages on the ship were opened when a droid prisoner managed to locate the access codes. In the ensuing chaos, the prisoners took control of the ship, killing all Imperials who got in their way.

Character Class (choose one):

Scoundrel (all smugglers, cutthroats, outlaws, and general rogues)

What Font and Color will you be using for your character's speech: Black Comic Sans

Items (Created Characters Must Be Thorough! What major weapons and the like does your character carry? Such as a lightsaber, a rigged Sabaac deck, a blaster pistol, vibro-knife, wookie crossbow, telescopic lenses, etc): E-11 blaster rifle 'liberated' during the revolt, Muurian Transport 'Blood Red Sky'

Character Personality (Created Characters Must Be Thorough! Give a solid description on how your character acts, their morals, etc): Good natured and friendly, Carron can be too trusting. All things considered, he just wants to get home.

Character Alignment (Choose one): Good

Why have you chosen this character, and what are your plans for them: I've chosen him cos he's my own character. I plan to have him embark on an interesting, and hopefully unique adventure.

What can you bring to Star Wars: The RPG: Not a lot...I mean...an interesting storyline.

How often can you post IN A DAY in this RPG: As many as I need to.

Sample Post (write a sample post that is at least 4 paragraphs long and containing at least 3 lines of dialogue):
Carron Vine's Log - Day 2

It's been two days since we took over the ship from the Imperials. Only one of them thought to surrender, so we let him live. She says she's Captain Arani Kordan. So far, all she's done is look at us with contempt and spat on the wookie. I told him to feel free to rip her arms off next time. That shut her up.

Two hours ago, we tried to make the jump to hyperspace. We malfunctioned, badly. The droid - N4 - can't work out where we are. Apparantly we aren't anywhere located on a star chart. That's bad apparantly. We can't make the jump to hyperspace unless we know where we are. At least, that's what the zabrak guy, Kaz Lo, says. And he also says he isn't confident about the repairs on the hyperdrive yet. We need more parts.

"And I can't use the droid, cos we've wired him up to the mainframe," he complained.

So I've been getting to know my fellow inmates. One guy, Galak, seems interesting. He looks old enough to have been around before the Clone Wars. I asked him about it.

"Kid, the less you know about me, the better," was all he said. He's sitting in the medical bay, cooking up a couple of medipacs.

And the other interesting one is Dane. She looks like she came from the heavens themselves, but she's got a temper that could kill. I tried to make small conversation with her...

"Corran, either keep your hands to yourself, or I chop them off. Your choice," she said...So that was a no then.

My name is Corran Vine, a Rebel spy. There was a malfunction in my hyperdrive and I got shot god knows where. Now I'm lost in some distant part of space on a ship, a dying ship, full of strange prisoners. Help me. Listen, please. Is anybody out there who can hear me? I'm being hunted... by something, I don't know what it is. I'm doing everything I can. I'm just looking for a way home.

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype:

Oh man, I just had this great idea for Rotta the Hutt but I think he's still a child at this point, right?

Yes, but from what I understand, Hutts don't reach adulthood until they're a couple hundred years old so 5 ABE means Rotta's like 50 at the most, still a Hutt-ling.

Well, Jabba apparently rose to power at the age of 80, so anything is possible.

Hurm...now it's just a choice between the imeasurable coolness of Lando and the dramatic and innovative future of Rotta....

EDIT: Does that frowny face indicate your disapproval of Rotta, Sensei?

Hurm...now it's just a choice between the imeasurable coolness of Lando and the dramatic and innovative future of Rotta....

EDIT: Does that frowny face indicate your disapproval of Rotta, Sensei?

I'd go with Lando. How could you not want to play as Billy D.?

Plus, he's the godfather of an insanely hot, if a little clumsy, girl.

Yes, yes, it's so very tempting. But I was thinking about turning Rotta into a Michael Corleone-like figure. What do you guys think of that idea?

I'd go with Lando. He's got an unlimited amount of cool.

And I'm going to hold off on my second character until Luke gets the Jedi order going again.

I'd say go with Rotta, but that's only because that's a pretty unpredictable choice and I'd love to see where you'd go with it. Lando's good too, you know, if you ever need someone to stab Han Solo in the back.

Yes, yes, it's so very tempting. But I was thinking about turning Rotta into a Michael Corleone-like figure. What do you guys think of that idea?
Both characters have their pluses it would seem. You've got an story idea for Rotta, and Lando is freakin' Lando.

In the end, you must do what you feel is right, of course.

@#%!...this may seriously come down to a coin flip.

Damn. This RPG had a busy weekend. With allowing 2nd characters, I might play another. Not sure yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"