The Force Awakens Star Wars VII Director?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrier

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok, because..why not? Who would you want to take on the next Star Wars now that Disney has announced for 2015? No sooner had it been mentioned, I heard someone say Chris Nolan...

Nolan directing a Star Wars movie would make me implode out of excitement.

No I want Chris Nolan to do the next Bond film ( with Tom Hardy as the Villian) I wouldnt mind seeing Abrams do Star Wars.

Ooo JJ Abrams would be interesting but cause a Civil War in this country since he has done and is doing Star Trek as well.

Ok, because..why not? Who would you want to take on the next Star Wars now that Disney has announced for 2015? No sooner had it been mentioned, I heard someone say Chris Nolan...

An absolute and firm NO.

Now while Alan Horn is Chairman at Disney, he'll probably lure Nolan over to work in Burbank because of the good collaboration they had with the Batman movies and Inception. Not for Star Wars or a Marvel Studios film, but for his original projects when/if WB puts them in turnaround...

Plus, I don't think Nolan will want to do a Star Wars film anyway.

No Nolan or Abrams please. Brad Bird all the way, imo.

Bird? He's mainly done animated stuff, albeit he has done Mission Impossible. Could be interesting.

Nolans reverence to Star Wars is incredibly high. While he may not seem suited I wouldn't entirely x him out quite yet.

He's never done a high sci-fi fantasy. Completely saying he's not capable for this seems to be prematurely dismissive.

If it were up to me I'd get three different directors for the next three films. Ideally.

I still need to know what's happening with Brad Bird and Damon Lindelof's 1953 or '54 or whatever it was...

Hows about Matthew Vaughn?

Spielberg of course would be interesting but its hard to imagine it wouldn't retain George Lucas' fingerprints when the idea of a new director is kind of to move forward with the franchise and away from midichlorians and jar-jar..of course it being disney I'm sure there will be characters meant to sell merchandise primarily.

If he wasn't already busy with Avengers 2, I would say Joss Whedon. Serenity+Avengers=Me definitely paying to see a Whedon Star Wars movie.

Del Toro would be totally insanely awesome too.

That mother****er can't even handle half of the things he puts on his schedule, much less a new Star Wars.

Hate to agree but its true.

Also no to Spielberg. Maybe 20 years ago, but now? Nope.

That mother****er can't even handle half of the things he puts on his schedule, much less a new Star Wars.

:funny: So true, I'm all for Brad Bird.

Nolan directing a Star Wars movie would make me implode out of excitement.

I'd definitely veto this idea. I'd give Spielberg the first shot over Nolan anyday.

The world is not prepared to a Nolan/Star Wars movie...too much awesomeness in one project ! :woot: (and i dont want to see him stuck in franchises).

Just no abraams , whedons , and those crappy american tv directors.

Del Toro. Match made in heaven. Fantasy. Sci-Fi. Wow.

If he wasn't already busy with Avengers 2, I would say Joss Whedon. Serenity+Avengers=Me definitely paying to see a Whedon Star Wars movie.
It's funny, I remember when Serenity came out in the same summer as Revenge of the Sith, a lot of the critics couldn't help but compare the two. I specifically remember one (can't remember who it was) that said something along the lines of, "If you think the latest Star Wars movies are a disease, then Serenity is the cure." So it would be kind of ironic if Whedon ended up taking over the new Star Wars at some point.

That said, I think Whedon is perfect right where he is. Let him run the MCU for as long as he's willing, as far I'm concerned. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they did pull their new director from the Marvel stable house. Maybe if one of the upcoming sequels (IM3 or Thor 2) turns out especially well, that'll shoot Shane Black or Alan Taylor to the top of the list for Star Wars.

Still, I'm totally rooting for Bird.

Nolan is horrible for anything sci-fi.

How about the lead dude in charge of the Clone Wars? Because that series blows away the prequels.

Seeings how Spielberg was Lucas' first choice to direct "Return of the Jedi"...unfortunately, that was in reference to Spielberg circa 82/83.

Spielberg circa 2012/14?

I don't think so.

That said, I think Whedon is perfect right where he is. Let him run the MCU for as long as he's willing, as far I'm concerned. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they did pull their new director from the Marvel stable house. Maybe if one of the upcoming sequels (IM3 or Thor 2) turns out especially well, that'll shoot Shane Black or Alan Taylor to the top of the list for Star Wars.

Given his work on TV, particularly Game of Thrones, I wouldn't mind seeing Alan Taylor help them get the Live Action TV series off the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"