The Force Awakens Star Wars VII Director?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only is Nolan an unrealistic choice I think he'd be a bad one as well. I'm sick of hearing his name bought up for everything, I can't wait until he falls out of fanboy favor, then again fanboys are still bringing up Singer and Jackson...

Anyhow it should be interesting seeing who gets the gig.

Josh Trank maybe? Then again he's sort of loaded with potential projects at the moment.

Brad Bird still wants to do his San Francisco earthquake movie but who knows when that will happen.
Yeah, I really don't think he'll ever get that thing off the ground. Of course he might have a better shot if he got into Disney's good graces by delivering a live-action mega-hit for them first. ;)

Not only is Nolan an unrealistic choice I think he'd be a bad one as well. I'm sick of hearing his name bought up for everything, I can't wait until he falls out of fanboy favor, then again fanboys are still bringing up Singer and Jackson...

YES!

MY GOD! Nolan Star Wars would be awful. Honestly anyone besides George Lucas is an improvement though so we should all be happy for that at least.

Not only are Singer and Jackson fully worthy of being mentioned in a good light when it comes to X-Men and LOTR, they're still relevant as well.

Eh I would not be fully against Spielberg, but form reading about Lincoln, I think he may have lost some of his luster. Though maybe this could re-invigorate him.

Spielberg was the original director for Jedi, however his allegiance with the guild stopped him from doing so. However much like Lucas, Spielberg has lost his touch a bit since he's had kids and while I would love to see his take on Star Wars I'm not sure now is the best time.

Yeah, I really don't think he'll ever get that thing off the ground. Of course he might have a better shot if he got into Disney's good graces by delivering a live-action mega-hit for them first. ;)

Well he does have 1952 planned with Disney...

Not only are Singer and Jackson fully worthy of being mentioned in a good light when it comes to X-Men and LOTR, they're still relevant as well.

Jackson hasn't done anything for me lately. Hated his last film and was disappointed with the one before that. I was never in love with Singer so I'm praying that he doesn't actually direct First Class 2. I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars beyond the fantastic sequel from the 80's but I'd be very interested in another Star Wars film if they got the right director and screenwriter on board.

Yeah, i vote no for Nolan as well.

I get the feeling a lot of directors are making phone calls tonight after this announcement, trying to get the job lol.

Would love to see Kevin Smith direct it, but if he's not willing to direct, would like to see him write it.

Jackson hasn't done anything for me lately. Hated his last film and was disappointed with the one before that. I was never in love with Singer so I'm praying that he doesn't actually direct First Class 2. I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars beyond the fantastic sequel from the 80's but I'd be very interested in another Star Wars film if they got the right director and screenwriter on board.

Well Singer's confirmed to direct DoFP, so I see that as a plus and that also makes him relevant. Just like The Hobbit makes Jackson relevant.

I'm sick of people complaining about him all the time. But we can't always have what we want.

Gore Verbinsky. The first Pirates movie has the exact tone for a SW flick.
But I want Paul Dini and Drew Karpyshyn as Writers or just Frank Darabont.
And I would want JW back for the score or James Newton Howard.

I'm sick of people complaining about him all the time. But we can't always have what we want.

Saying he's not right for every film is not bashing him nor is critically looking at his films. Also the vast majority of his press and internet chatter is glowingly positive so what exactly are you sick of? The small minority that dares to criticize the slightest thing about his films? I'm officially ending my end of this Nolan talk.

I say no to Abrams he is doing Trek and his first Trek was already alot like Star Wars so that would be odd. I'd be interested in Brad Bird doing it, he seems like he'd be good for the type of film Star Wars should be.

Last edited:
Saying he's not right for every film is not bashing him nor is critically looking at his films. Also the vast majority of his press and internet chatter is glowingly positive so what exactly are you sick of? The small minority that dares to criticize the slightest thing about his films?

No I'm fine with criticizing his films, I thought TDKR was a step backwards for him and his weakest film with lots of flaws BIG flaws. I don't think he is right for everything, but I would give him a chance over most directors in Hollywood.

No I'm fine with criticizing his films, I thought TDKR was a step backwards for him and his weakest film with lots of flaws BIG flaws. I don't think he is right for everything, but I would give him a chance over most directors in Hollywood.

I think that he is a great director and if we were talking about James Bond I'd be super excited but I just haven't seen any proof that he wants to or can do an adventure film where the lead character isn't depressed. Now your comments have me curious about your Rises review.

I think Bird is a good choice and the best one I've read, especially with his ties to Disney. If this announcement were made a year ago, I could have seen someone like Kosinski being a possibility. Verbinski is intriguing to me as well.

I think that he is a great director and if we were talking about James Bond I'd be super excited but I just haven't seen any proof that he wants to or can do an adventure film where the lead character isn't depressed. Now your comments have me curious about your Rises review.

Maybe some day I will write a full one out. When I first saw it I enjoyed it, but on further viewings I still like the film a lot, but it could have been so much better.

Maybe some day I will write a full one out. When I first saw it I enjoyed it, but on further viewings I still like the film a lot, but it could have been so much better.

Hell, I haven't even penned a real review.

Anyways, Brad Bird for the win.

The only way I'd consider Nolan is if he is as big a SW fanboy as the rest of us. That is the only way I would consider it, if he is that versed in the lore. None of that "putting my own spin on it" ****.

It's going to be fun as hell to see every director in Hollywood fight for this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"