The Force Awakens Star Wars VII Story Ideas

You know what I wouldn't mind? If they tied the KOTOR or OR era with the main post-RotJ story. That would be orgasmic.

I'm not a huge EU guy, but from what I've seen the only EU stuff that I think would be interesting for new Star Wars movies would be the Imperial Remnant with Grand Admiral Thrawn or the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Everything else feels too derivative of the original trilogy or just not that good.

The general feel and the characters of the KOTOR era ain't bad, either. The old Sith lore and characters are also interesting (Exar Kun, for instance).

I wouldn't be interested in a reprisal of the Sith post ROTJ. More Sith would rob Palpatine's death of it's impact.

I'm really not too bothered if the EU gets chucked out as most of it (IMHO) is not very good. However I am intrigued about the Yuuzhan Vong and the concept of a person or race that lives "outside of the force." Am I right in assuming that a Jedi's connection the force is severed when around a Vong? Because a threat like that could be very interesting and also very different from the Sith.

Star Wars is modern myth and since all myths (well all the good ones anyway) have an apocalyptic story, it would be interesting to see our heroes confront a HUGE galaxy destroying threat like some Lovecraftian horror that is hell-bent on destroying the Universe instead of just ruling it like Palpatine. I'm thinking all the wonderful imagery of Revelation and Ragnarok with a Star Wars twist.

I think it needs to be the next generation vs the remnants of the empire. The generals and whatnot. No sith, that ruins the conclusion of 6. Jacen becoming Sith in the end would be the best way to revive that.

I'm really not too bothered if the EU gets chucked out as most of it (IMHO) is not very good. However I am intrigued about the Yuuzhan Vong and the concept of a person or race that lives "outside of the force." Am I right in assuming that a Jedi's connection the force is severed when around a Vong? Because a threat like that could be very interesting and also very different from the Sith.

It's not completely severed, they just can't feel the Vong in the Force. They can still do anything else that is Force use related.

Star Wars is modern myth and since all myths (well all the good ones anyway) have an apocalyptic story, it would be interesting to see our heroes confront a HUGE galaxy destroying threat like some Lovecraftian horror that is hell-bent on destroying the Universe instead of just ruling it like Palpatine. I'm thinking all the wonderful imagery of Revelation and Ragnarok with a Star Wars twist.

I love you.

I think it needs to be the next generation vs the remnants of the empire. The generals and whatnot. No sith, that ruins the conclusion of 6. Jacen becoming Sith in the end would be the best way to revive that.

So, basically Thrawn's Trilogy and the Legacy of the Force series?

I would not mind a re-tooled Thrawn trilogy, get new characters, have cameos by old Luke or something. I loved the Thrawn Trilogy. I think you could take aspects of it, mainly that of Thrawn himself and the remains of the Empire trying to re-group.

So, basically Thrawn's Trilogy and the Legacy of the Force series?

Pretty much. Star Wars episodes should be about Skywalkers and it needs to fit in to the ending that had happened in 6.

I don't think they "need" to be about the Skywalkers, there will be most likely more films then VII-IX. Sooner or later they will need to be let go, and new characters can be created.

I just don't want too many familiar elements. The Sith, the Empire... go elsewhere. Mandalorians are waiting. So do more mysterious aspects of the Force.

Mandalorians would be cool, I think that though combined with remains of the Empire may be interesting. Thrawn is unknown to many that watch the films. Just at least having maybe a small part to do with the Empire would be cool.

It's not completely severed, they just can't feel the Vong in the Force. They can still do anything else that is Force use related.

Oh ok. Well it would be interesting to see a foe that could negate their force powers, like some giant void in the force. How the Jedi would beat such a foe is beyond me though. :o

I love you.

:atp::jedi

I don't think they "need" to be about the Skywalkers, there will be most likely more films then VII-IX. Sooner or later they will need to be let go, and new characters can be created.

I think the episodes do but not all Star Wars movies have to be part of the episodic structure.

I think the episodes do but not all Star Wars movies have to be part of the episodic structure.

I agree. The trilogy of trilogies (epsiodes I-IX) should be about the Skywalkers. Other than that, Pixar can start making SW movies right?

No to animated films.

No.

I still think there is no need for Skywalker's to be the central core to the stories.

No to animated films.

No.

I still think there is no need for Skywalker's to be the central core to the stories.
Another way and the sequel trilogy just seems like a spin-off, the core saga should have a concept and stick with it.

I'd like the new trilogy to focus on the Solo twins, Jaina and Jacen.

either that or something in the Old Republic timeline.

Pretty much. Star Wars episodes should be about Skywalkers and it needs to fit in to the ending that had happened in 6.

I tend to agree with this. If they're making this an "Episode VII" it needs to continue the Skywalker stories and tie back to the events in VI.

They can always do stand alone Star Wars movies or Triologies. It just sounds, so far, that this will be a sequel to movies already made.

No more Sith, and no more Empire other than a rump of its former glory, but I'd like to see the Jedi engage in a civil war as a large faction of them want to institute a theocratic police state. i.e. We gave you democracy, and we were almost exterminated. We won't let that happen again.

This would be different than the Sith Empire, as there would be more than two of them, first of all, and would be a tyranny of "love" rather than fear or hate. Palpatine was more like Stalin or Pol Pot, whereas a Jedi dictatorship would be more like Jerry Falwell or Rick Santorum.

I don't mind some shout outs in the form of cameos and easter eggs to the EU, but thats it.

We already have hints from over the years that pointed at Lucas wanting a third trilogy to be existential, dealing with metaphysical philosophy and internal struggle.

Luke Skywalker as the subject of that struggle would be perfect. He doesn't want to become like his father, but he doesn't want to make the mistakes in his new Jedi order that the old one did before the fall of the Republic. He ends up trying to walk a fine line with the Force making the new order somewhat grey, rather than black or white. At the same time he becomes aware of the galaxy's future and is faced with a moral and ethical problem similar to Hari Seldon of Foundation and Paul Atreides of Dune, where he knows a collapse of galactic civilization followed by an age of barbarism and darkness is coming.

When faced with an external threat to the new Republic, Luke and the new Jedi order are faced with tough moral choices in how to protect the Republic. I wouldn't use an enemy from the novels, no Sith, Imperial Remnant or Vong. I would use something different, an enemy that can perform kamikaze attacks without warning, hides among and uses the innocent to complete its objectives. It would be a protean enemy that could take control of others minds or even mimic others, with the ability to cloak themselves, maybe even use somekind of phasing or teleporting technology. I would keep their nature and origins in the dark at least till the end of the second film.

The end of the second film would reveal their origins directly involved Luke Skywalker, with the entities as a monstrous force he helped create or release but lost control of, probably in the course of trying to save civilization. Luke is then faced with the dilemma of falling further into the Dark Side to fight and destroy this enemy, while at the same time the new Jedi order splinters into factions and the Republic experiences disorder, unrest and martial law.

The last film in the trilogy would deal with Luke's sacrifice as he falls to the Dark Side to save the Jedi and the Republic from collapse, preventing a new dark age from falling upon the galaxy. Other ideas thrown into it could be the destruction of Coruscant, Luke's transcension to becoming a force being of balanced light and dark, the union of the Jedi and the Sith into a new order, galactic cycles of destruction, and the revelation of the precursor civilization known as the Architects.

Last edited:
can anyone give me a basic general plot of the Thrawn Trilogy and why a lot of people deserve it to be made into the new trilogy?

I think we could get some new force sensitive groups that aren't Sith or Jedi. If Jedi are monks-knights--samurai, who's to say there aren't like, Ninjas, less obvert and preachy than Jedi, but not as power obssesed as Sith, and instead are more secretive. They might be former Jedi whowant to keep the Jedi way but are worried about what happend when you teach cosmic secrets to every ******* who shows up at the door.

Or a group that's more honor based, sort of like general Idea of a Samurai: people who addeher to a strict code(and this time it's not "no kissing") and are far more martial than Jedi. This guys aren't mwahaha evil, but they ARE sort of bothersome in their rigidity.

It should involve Dark Jedi...obviously. And possibly the remnants of the old Empire. Things like that don't just die out. Look at the Nazi's...oh i'm sorry...I mean Neo Nazi's.

You know what I wouldn't mind? If they tied the KOTOR or OR era with the main post-RotJ story. That would be orgasmic.

I don't know about 'tying' the two together, but I definitely believe the next trilogy should take place around that time frame of the Ancient Sith-to-OR Era. Unless of course Disney is intent on making the absolute biggest cash grab possible, I don't think there is any reason to revisit the Skywalker trilogy by any means; to do so would be so incredibly lazy and offensive to the fan base.

IF they are to do this thing properly they need to hit the reset (not reboot) button and come up with something new that is entirely it's own story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"