Star Wars VII Story Ideas

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' started by Hyde, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Lord

Lord All Mighty

I had an idea for the story, since it's set 30 years after what if Luke decided to make the Jedi group smaller, by only allowing there to extist one master and one aprentice, just like the Sith did to focus their power, then the new trilogy could be about two characters, possibly Han and Leia's children, each competing for their place as Jedi but ending up almost falling to the dark side.

Or something like this, maybe it would be a bad move of Luke's as this could lead to somebody's fall to the dark side.

2. Superwoman Prime

Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

Have Commander Skywalker take on a Reaper invasion.

3. ThePowerCosmic

That would have a mass effect on the fans... and not in the good way..

4. Superwoman Prime

You're right. GL would be an illusive man to allow that.

5. The Overlord

The Overlord Well-Known Member

In the EU, even after the Emperor died, there were still troops and star systems loyal to the imperial system and the new Republic clashed with the Imperial systems who were trying reestablish the Empire. Just because the Emperor died, doesn't mean all the problems he created went with him. Imperial loyalists could still cause problems.

6. kang604

kang604 Well-Known Member

So is it confirmed that the story will take place after the original trilogy?

Personally, I would prefer they just leave that era alone completely and create a stand alone new story with new characters... preferably set in the KOTOR/TOR era or at least inspired by it.

7. Lone

Lone Non-playable character

A Jedi civil war would be pretty cool but I can't buy the idea that Jedi would physically fight amongst themselves.

Since the original saga was about bringing balance to The Force, I think it would be cool to explore the idea of unifying The Force in the new saga. I don't know how that could lead into a galaxy wide war.

Oh and Luke should never EVER turn to the dark side. IMO it would totally piss on his character progression in the OT.

8. Gianakin_

Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Learn to shoot a blaster, foo!

9. Gianakin_

That's not happening. It's a sequel to RotJ.

10. Gianakin_

If the Jedi are monks and the Sith were satanists, then what else can Jedi face? Dirty monks. Or Cthulhu. It writes itself, people!

11. Gianakin_

The tone of the books were pute OT. Then it had interesting characters in the smuggler faction (led by Talon Karrde) and it had Mara Jade, to tie things to the Emperor.

Also had a post-RotJ temptation Luke trying to find his place in the new order of things, a great Force using villain and a twist villain to feature a climactic lightsaber fight.

Also, Leia had a pretty interesting story arc that featured Vader's legacy to her (something terribly missed in RotJ, but I get why).

And then Thrawn, this brilliant and badass military leader, the SW version Sherlock Holmes with Admiral Pellaeon with his Watson (mustache and everything).

Amazing, amazing stuff.

12. Roose Bolton

Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Thrawn is pretty much the best non-film villain.

13. Superwoman Prime

Dammit. I may have to pick those up and read them. I've heard constant fan-talk for like a decade now.

There is a comic adaptation, as well. How does it compare to the novelizations, as far as quality of delivery and story?

14. Lone

Thrawn's the blue skinned dude, right? I'm pretty sure Palpy has a humans only recruitment policy post PT. Anyway, they already said they won't be using the EU.

Has a story about unifying and successfully wielding both sides of The Force been done in any form? My knowledge of EU ends at video games pretty much.

15. Gianakin_

You won't regret reading them, that I guarantee.

The comics are good adaptations, but go for the books. Nobody draws like Zahn writes.

16. Roose Bolton

If you wanna count Revan, I suppose

17. Gianakin_

True, but not strictly.

No, they said they won't be adapting a particular EU story/book/comic. EU elements are up for grabs and Lucas even went out of his way to mention that.

The 19 New Jedi Order books are intially about an invasion (seemingly) and end up dealing with exactly what you're asking. Too bad the follow-ups crapped on that in the worst possible way.

And Revan from the KotOR era.

18. Lone

Thanks for clearing that up, buddy. I read your post in the other thread about Luke not being a traditional Jedi and the ***** choking bit in RoTJ. He's already practicing the unified Force.:woot:

19. Gianakin_

Hah, strange you say that, the final NJO book is called "The Unifying Force". You good!

20. Roose Bolton

50 shades of Jedi

21. Superwoman Prime

Thankya!

22. Joker's Lackey

Joker's Lackey Well-Known Member

My Idea.

Star Wars
    Episode VII
    Remnants of An Empire
    Plot - RAE starts with Luke training new Padawans at his Academy on Yavin 4. We find Luke is Troubled by nightmares of his Sister's death. He sends Jacen and Jaina Solo(Leia and Hans twin children) and accomapained by C3P0, R2D2, Lowbacca, Tenel Ka Djo and Zekk to Protect Leia and Han during a senate meeting on Coruscant. Thru out the film we see General Thrawn come into the picture as he continues where the Emperor left of. With the aid of the Emperor's Hands; Mara Jade and Lumiya. Thrawn conducts attacks to the people Luke cares about to Anger him and bring him to the Dark Side. It ultimately fails. Thru out the film Jacen and Jaina investigate and eventually find the Emperor's Hands base. A final confrontation has Lumiya running away and Mara Jade betraying Thrawn and Joining Luke's Order. We will get hints of Jacen's decent to the Dark Side as well his Romance with Tenel. Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando and Luke would all play supporting roles. As well Cameo's of Kyle Katarn, Raynar Thul and other NJO characters.

ST Cast
    Jacen - Jeremy Allen White
    Jaina - Emma Roberts
    Tenel - Mia Wasikowska
    Zekk - Liam Hemsworth
    Thrawn - Micheal Fassbender
    Mara Jade - Jessica Chastain
    Lumiya - Lynn Collins

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  23. obin_gam

obin_gam Well-Known Member

Without reading this thread, these are my idea for a three part arc in this new trilogy:

Ep VII - a brooding cynical Luke travels the galaxy looking people with the force (some are evil, some are good) and gathers them all to restore the Jedi Order. At the same time Han's and Leia's children begin their training (this is only a secondary storyline).

Ep VIII - Luke starts the Jedi Academy and ensures that they will once again become the peacekeeping forces in the galaxy. Beginning with ordinary crime against common thugs, maybe a crime lord who tries to take power after the Empire.

Ep IX - We follow Leias and Han's children who are now full-fledged Jedi Knights while the Sith are getting stronger. Perhaps led by someone Luke chose not to include in the order in Ep VII.

Thoughts?

24. Daybreak_st

Daybreak_st Old-School Comic Cool

I like this alot. Honestly I felt a strong disconnect between Luke as a Jedi and the prequel Jedi's. Prequel jedi's were rather unlikable if you ask me. Luke was more Jedi Ninja. If they are exploring a universe that hasn't had a Jedi order in some 20 years I'd like to see other force sensitve factions existing outside or Jedi or sith. Some may use some other weapon as interesting and unique as lightsabers.

Also I think Star Wars is bigger than the Jedi. The original trilogy was great but it only had a handful of force users. The prequels had tons of Jedi but none of the characters were very likable. I'm hoping the new film won't be so focused on just Jedi but really expand on other non-jedi characters. More people like Han Solo and Lando. Think about try naming one interesting non-jedi from the prequels that wasn't a villain? :huh: I can't think of anyone. I just want to see some really well developed and interesting characters. A few Jedi is fine but make them still feel like real people, like Luke was not like the alienated monks from the prequels.

I may be alone in this but I really wanted Jedi to be much cooler than they were in the prequels. Just saying.

25. Daybreak_st

Daybreak_st Old-School Comic Cool

Just imagine force users around the cosmos without the Jedi to train them. I would imagine various cultures would develop their own view of the force and it's use. In fact in one of EU book "I Jedi" which focused on Corran Horn, he comes into conflict with a group of force sensitive highly skilled people who kind of like ninjas if I remember correctly. It could be really interesting. I would like to see people like the "Benders" of Avatar the Last Air Bender. Instead of bending they are using the force obviously but to see how culturally things develop without the Jedi and Sith influence their use of the force.