Star Wars VII Story Ideas

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' started by Hyde, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

I think each new movie could be about Luke travelling the Galaxy finding new apprentices. Each movie could focus on a the finding of a new apprentice.

Episode VII: Meeting an training of first new apprentice. Introduction to the new trilogies threat
    Episode VIII: 2 years later, training of new apprentice(s). More info on the threat
    Episode IX: Some years later: bringing the previous apprentices together for the finale.

2. Superwoman Prime

Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

VII : A young man enters into the New Jedi Order. He'll be about nineteen years old, the same age as Luke from ANH. The primary threat is non-Force based, but instead deals purely with the remnants of the Empire. The villain is defeated at the end, and the hero has taken his first steps into a larger world, under Luke's guidance.

VIII: Introduce the Force-based villain. The hero and Luke face off with him/her in the climax. Luke dies. The hero is defeated, but escapes. It would be an echo of the first Death Star duel between Vader and Obi-Wan, and the end of ESB.

IX: The hero achieves some task that earns him the rank of Jedi Master. He assembles a large army and engages the villain in a large scale battle, both in space and face-to-face in a lightsaber duel that will decide the fate of the New Republic. Unlike ROTJ, we would have multiple Jedi involved.

3. obin_gam

obin_gam Well-Known Member

^ Call the new young man Kyle Katarn and we're ready to go! :awesome:

4. Joker's Lackey

Joker's Lackey Well-Known Member

Edited to complete my thought on where VII should go.

5. batsfan81

batsfan81 Well-Known Member

6. ThePowerCosmic

Oh my lawd. I would be FLOORED if that news were true. It sounds plausible.

Not sure how I feel about Lindelof, though.

7. Joker's Lackey

Don't like that tandem. Would rather have Darabont and a Director like Verbinsky or Johnson.

8. ThePowerCosmic

Who's Johnson? Rian Johnson?

9. Joker's Lackey

10. ThePowerCosmic

Oh, Johnston. Can't say I'm a fan of that choice...

But Johnson neither, though.

11. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Well-Known Member

Luke Skywalker is assassinated.

12. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Well-Known Member

Someone takes the brains of all the force users who died and puts the brains into one robotic body where this droid has knowledge of the force.

13. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

14. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

I actually think Lucas did the new team a favor by making the Prequels so crappy. He set the bar so low, that a new team has so much room to improve. Should someone had taken over with only the original trillogy, it would be the same failure that Lucas set himself up for. Those of us from that generation who saw all the original films on the big screen, we patiently waited for 16 years only to see our childhood dreams shattered on the big screen.

I can honestly say that right now I could care less about a new Star Wars film, which is a good thing, because that's exactly how I felt when I heard they were trying to ressurrect Star Trek and then J.J. Abrams comes in and blows my mind. This is the opportunity the next film maker has.

I'm not going to get caught up in the hype of who is named. I just want someone to go back to the roots of what the original trillogy was about. The film was very human, and while it was set in this fantastical setting, it was a strong epic story with these characters who we grew to know as family.

Honestly other than Ewan McGreggor, the whole cast was crap. Well Liam Neeson wasn't crap, but his character was wasted, and he knew it, so he did the best he could with what was written. Everyone else was horrible, including Portman who I think is a good actress. But as Harrison Ford famously said, "you can type this **** George, but you can't say it."

Ultimately Lucas is a great idea man, but he's a horrible director and an even worse screen play writer. He is a film editor first and foremost, perhaps one of the best, even though he's not known for that, but make no mistake editing is this guys strength.

I wan't less CGI and more realism. Think Lord of the Rings, which was the perfect mix of CGI mixed with miniature modeling and practical effects. This is what they need to go for.

15. THANOSRULES

THANOSRULES Well-Known Member

I like the concept of a new threat from outside the galaxy...Or something new within the galaxy..a massive threat and the force needs both the good and bad aspects (IE Balance ) to protect it and repel.

This Yuuzhan Vong invasion idea may work, but I dont know about the organic tech and they sound kinda grotesque.

There isnt any canon that ever said "all the sith were dead" could be underground like yoda was or off the grid.

16. redhawk23

redhawk23 Wrestlin'

The Byrd/Lindeloff rumors have already been debunked. Aintitcoolnews is late to that party.

Also I don't want Lindeloff anywhere near these films. He's terrible.

17. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

Bird would be amazing. I wanted him for Superman pre-Snyder.

Keep Lindelof away. He's just awful.

18. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster The Night He Came Home...

I completely forgot about this. These films NEED Kyle Katarn. Probably my favorite EU chracter ever. And since we actually had a live-action actor once, he lends himself to all mediums pretty well.

But not Rosh....please not Rosh....

19. Lobo

Lobo Snow Wifey

I know very little about the EU, and would like to see episode VII focus on Jacen and Jaina, but I think Cade Skywalker's story would be great on film. Get Joel Edgerton, or Charlie Hunnam

20. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

Joel was Uncle Owen. ;)

21. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

How about a film about the Life and Times of Owen Lars?:woot:

22. Gianakin_

Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

I don't think Luke was ever supposed to be a Jedi of old, the disconnect was probably intentional. Obi and Yoda trained him as a machine to kill Vader and Sid. The times were desperate, and so were they. None of them wanted him to turn Vader back. He did so despite them. Luke is a new breed of Jedi, a grey-sider, so to speak.

23. Gianakin_

I was obviously joking about Cthulhu, but was serious about the former stuff. Your ideas are very interesting.:up:

24. Gianakin_

A brat if I ever saw one. But I msut say, a very interesting student archetype for the new movies. Not that I'd want a character written exactly like that.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  25. Gianakin_

Heh, Hunnam auditioned for Anakin back then. What could've been, eh?