Star Wars Visions (Anime Anthology)

So I mostly enjoyed this, but I didn't love every episode. There were definitely some great episodes in this though and I loved the different styles of animation throughout even for the lesser episodes.

I also really enjoyed the various action sequences we got throughout this show especially the Sith/Jedi stuff which was heavily focused on, but man I actually would like to see an animated Jedi/Sith Star Wars show.

I am definitely looking forward to future seasons of this aswell.

Star Wars: Visions Producer Weighs in on Possible Season 2

ComicBook.com had the chance to speak with James Waugh who oversaw the anime anthology from start to finish. During our chat, the producer touched upon the possibility of more episodes, and Waugh said he'd love to get more episodes.

"Yes, absolutely," he said when asked about a second season of Star Wars: Visions. "We'll see what happens. Let's see how the response is this anthology, and I hope it's as positive as your experience, which makes me really happy we did."

Awesome! Have to say, I’m really enjoying the variety in anime styles, tones, most of the characters in the episodes I have watched.

So far, I have watched The Duel, The Elder, and Lop and Ocho, with the former two being my favourites so far.

Well, did my dub watch. Definitely thinking some will be better with subs. Because as good as actors as Neil Patrick Harris and Alison Brie are, I think a Trigger script is out of their reach.

Jedi Fallen Order had rock music by the Mongolian band, The Hu.

Star Wars Rebels also had Zeb and Ezra listening to some rock music once too.

The Hu song feels more like in-world Star Wars music to me. The Rebels one a little less so. But the one in Visions is straight up 00s rock lol. Just doesn't work for me personally. It's just a little gripe I have.

I hope we get to see more unique lightsabers in live action shows and movies. The lightsabers during the High Republic and now these in this show make the lightsabers in the films seem so rough. Its just one more indication that by the time of the PT the Jedi Order really was degrading and losing its beauty and elegance.

the-high-republic-concept-art-stellan-lightsaber-9y73r398rh9.jpg

As much as I love Obi and Luke's sabers they just seem crude compared to a lot of saber designs we're seeing from new canon material.

I hope we get some art of the sabers in this show so we can see more of their details.

Watched The Village Bride, which is now one of my favourite segments! The characters, anime, writing and especially the score were awesome!

Did not like Tatooine Rhapsody, though.

On to the Ninth Jedi next!

Okay, just watched Ninth Jedi, and I think that is my definitely my favourite episode with The Duel and The Village Bride not too far behind.

Would love to see more stories in those worlds!

Id like to see some Legends stories and characters from the Legends appear in Visions. This would be the perfect show for Gavin Darklighter, Horn, and other characters like Mara Jade.

Also, I had an idea of how to tie Visions into the official canon. All of these stories could be Holonet shows and dramas in-universe. There is a holofilm and entertainment industry and comics in the GFFA in both the old and new canon.

Id like to see some Legends stories and characters from the Legends appear in Visions. This would be the perfect show for Gavin Darklighter, Horn, and other characters like Mara Jade.

Also, I had an idea of how to tie Visions into the official canon. All of these stories could be Holonet shows and dramas in-universe. There is a holofilm and entertainment industry and comics in the GFFA in both the old and new canon.

I would love for them to just to make an animated show dedicated to adapting great storylines from the old EU. Just call the show "Star Wars: Legends." I would love to see Kyle Katarn, Luke & Mara with their kids also with the Solo twins, Starkiller, Exar Kun, Cade Skywalker etc... so many great character in the old EU, imo.

Now that I've watched all of them, here's my ranking:

1. The Ninth Jedi
2. The Duel
3. The Elder
4. The Village Bride
5. The Twins
6. T0-B1
7. Akakiri
8. Lop & Ochō
9. Tatooine Rhapsody

I thought they were all great to good, and I know the viewing order doesn't particularly matter but since most people will watch them in the order they are on Disney+, they really should have saved The Ninth Jedi for last instead of the two stories with downer endings. Out of all of them, I was most blown away by the animation for The Duel, which was spectacular. I'm totally down for more of these. :up:

The Ninth Jedi, The Duel, The Elder and The Village Bride were by far the best episodes although I also really enjoyed Lop & Ocho and that crazy, EPIC battle at the end of The Twins even if it didn't make much sense.

I really wish those episodes were apart of another show entirely though because they just felt like they were in a whole other league compared to the other short episodes which seemed more aimed at little kids if I'm being honest.

Now, I understand that Star Wars has always been family friendly, but the cutesy episodes felt so out of place to me personally eventhough the animation was still gorgeous to look at.

Having Shadow Weaver as the Sith lord was an amazing choice, though.

Loved the visuals in the last scene, and the Sith Lord was pretty menacing during her brief screen time.

Just finished watching the entire season and I liked it a lot. Love the variety of animation styles and tone that is present in every episode

The episodes that stood out the most to me was The Elder, Tatooine Rhapsody, The Duel, and The Ninth Jedi.

The Ninth Jedi was actually my favorite of the 9 episodes and would love to see this story expanded on even more. Maybe even in live action because what was set up in this episode could very well work as a new trilogy taking place decades after 7-9

Are these stories canon or are they stand alone/Legends material?

Just finished watching the entire season and I liked it a lot. Love the variety of animation styles and tone that is present in every episode

The episodes that stood out the most to me was The Elder, Tatooine Rhapsody, The Duel, and The Ninth Jedi.

The Ninth Jedi was actually my favorite of the 9 episodes and would love to see this story expanded on even more. Maybe even in live action because what was set up in this episode could very well work as a new trilogy taking place decades after 7-9

Are these stories canon or are they stand alone/Legends material?

From reading around it seems they are not considered canon as the studios were given artistic freedom therefore to come up with some of their own ideas and lore changes so that they could run riot a bit with their ideas, I think this helped free up things a great deal not being tied down by things like time period/setting etc, I think this helped a lot with less restrictions in place, something possibly live action has struggled with at times having to be in a rigid box.

I'm gonna need to have The Ninth Jedi expanded into a full series as soon as possible, I really hope they aren't opposed to following up on some of these episodes, there's a lot of potential here beyond just a collection of short stories.

I'm gonna need to have The Ninth Jedi expanded into a full series as soon as possible, I really hope they aren't opposed to following up on some of these episodes, there's a lot of potential here beyond just a collection of short stories.
Yesssssir!

Finished these last night and they were terrific. The only ones I didn’t like as much were Tatooine Rhapsody and the Twins. I thought Tatooine Rhapsody was a little bare with kind uninteresting characters and minimal story though I did like the backstory of the runaway survivor Padawan. The Twins was also kinda meh and I thought Alison Brie really struggled with the dialogue. I think I need to see that in Japanese maybe.

The rest were really good. Beautiful animation with likeable characters and intriguing storylines. LOVE the concept of lightsaber colors reflecting the user in the Ninth Jedi and the creepy Sith/ex-sith in the Elder. I also really loved the Duel, which I thought was absolutely stunning. Akakiri and T0 B1 were really good too but I feel like Lop and Ocho could’ve used a little bit more characterisation for the two leads. It was a really good concept and a very beautiful imaginative world but it fell short by just a little bit.

LOVE the concept of lightsaber colors reflecting the user in the Ninth Jedi

I did as well, so much so that I think it should be canonized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"