Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/Universe - Part 1

MGM killed the franchise when they went bankrupt.

Hopefully with Star Trek having a new franchise & Star Wars coming back it would be nice to one day have the three Star franchises again

And they should start it off with giving us another season of Universe.

I doubt they will, but I would like a straight-to-dvd movie wrapping that up. It had a slow rough start but I did care about those characters by the end and they are a part of the stargate world so it needs a finale or a mention once in a while. I mean Destiny and its mission is a pretty big deal in the mythos.

That adventure game looks cool. I wonder what the actual gameplay will look like...

I doubt they will, but I would like a straight-to-dvd movie wrapping that up. It had a slow rough start but I did care about those characters by the end and they are a part of the stargate world so it needs a finale or a mention once in a while. I mean Destiny and its mission is a pretty big deal in the mythos.

Yeah I don't really think that they ever will go back to Universe with a new season but I would really like something to wrap it all up. The story about Destiny and everything had just started when the show ended.

What about a book? They've written a fair few over the years on the shows... And a book wouldn't have to worry about which actor/actress they can/can't get back to film with...

there's only 1 universe book and it's the novelization of the premiere. would be cool if they released a novel set after season 2.

i'm half way through sg-1 moebius squared novel and enjoying it so far.

I'm glad I never really got into Universe. Pulling my hair out about what happens next in Atlantis was enough.

never happen consider all the actors pretty much doing other things now

Resurrected!

I'm hopeful we'll get another TV show on SG at some stage, but I also suspect that they may try a "reimage" and complete this in film.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Where?

Book 1

Book 2

And I think the rest are only in digital form except for I think you can special order them from the official book site.
Book 3

Book 4

Book 5

Book 6

I have yet to pick any up and read them, looks like I should considered the first two print versions might become rare, the second one is pretty pricey.

EDIT: Here is the official site where you can buy them in print. They print on demand and its 10.95 compared to 4.99 ebook form but I prefer physical copies. Fudge ebooks!

Last edited:
Book 1

Book 2

And I think the rest are only in digital form except for I think you can special order them from the official book site.
Book 3

Book 4

Book 5

Book 6

I have yet to pick any up and read them, looks like I should considered the first two print versions might become rare, the second one is pretty pricey.

EDIT: Here is the official site where you can buy them in print. They print on demand and its 10.95 compared to 4.99 ebook form but I prefer physical copies. Fudge ebooks!

I've seen these before, but they always seemed too much like fanfiction.

I just watched the season three episode SUNDAY of Stargate Atlantis.....WHAT THE bad place!!!!!!!!!
They killed Dr. Beckett.....what have the producers got against Doctors?

I just watched the season three episode SUNDAY of Stargate Atlantis.....WHAT THE bad place!!!!!!!!!
They killed Dr. Beckett.....what have the producers got against Doctors?

Yeah... That's generally held in the SG fandom as a major **** up by TPTB...it was done to shake things up, it did... But not in a good way at all...the only bright side for me was...

Who they cast as the replacement Doctor... But I'll let you find out on your own as to who it is...

I remember the build up to the episode... More specifically the VERY sparse descriptions given by TPTB as to what happened in the episode, all of what they gave out happened within the first ten minutes or so..... Then we got a rumour of a Caskett draped in the Scottish flag... Real heartbreaker for a lot of people at the time... Still is really.

They do in a weird way end up fixing the Dr. Beckett problem

They do... But it never sat well with the fans... Or at least the fans I knew... It also didn't help that the fix, which was being kept secret, was revealed by bloody Syfy in the episode promo!

I haven't posted in here since back in season 3, so.....

Just finished the 5th season of Atlantis. They ended it decently. No major cliffhangers, some things slightly wrapped up (they could continue the storylines in movies or other series).

I didn't like the way they dealt with Teyla's pregnancy (I know they had to deal with the hand they were dealt what with Rachel showing up pregnant, but making the dad some guy we had never heard of and not having any real set up with him just set wrong with me).

And...[BLACKOUT]having Beckett return as a clone, it was nice to see him again, but it just wasn't the same.[/BLACKOUT]

I still love the series though.

They redeemed Woolsey in the fifth season. Before then, he just appeared to be a pencil pushing idiot who got in the way our team. But he showed he could be effective in his own way.

I agree with you about Teyla's pregnancy.

Teyla's pregnancy is the bane of that show's later seasons.

I just downloaded the ipad game and it's really not bad, obviously not on a platform game level but it's fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"