Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/Universe - Part 1

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Feb 21, 2011.

1. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

When you are on a show that deals with wormholes, time travel, life force sucking aliens, etc......either write that the baby is a new replicator plot or have Maury Povich do a DNA test on Shephard, Ronan, Rodney, and Chuck the technician.

2. Wyrminarrd Registered

I´ll admit that I always thought that Teyla was the weakest link in the shows characters. After the first season it didn't really make any sense to keep her on the point team imo.

3. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

It seems like it would've made a lot more sense for her to lead her own secondary team, maybe dedicated to establishing relations with other people. Her main reason for being on the team, after all, was her connections to various others in Pegasus. That got downplayed over time as the season-long arcs started taking over from done-in-one episodes. Kind of took away her reason for being around, although I still liked her.

4. Morg Super Moderator

5. Nick Morton Registered

Universe is the show that killed Stargate no thanks Im good

6. Marvolo Registered

I liked the second season and hated that it was canceled so Ill probably check this out.

7. S. Grundy Registered

Would have preferred a season 3 comic over a prequel. I really want to know what the endgame was for Universe.

8. Gold Samurai Registered

^Maybe they're holding out for a revival/new show? So they don't want to risk a canonical follow-up to the cliffhanger of season two?

9. Nick Morton Registered

I say just do a new show indeed it has been long enough where it can be about at least Jacks & Carters kids on the same SG1ish team with at least Daniel if Michael is up for it still working in the program & if at the very least no doubt David would return as Rodney leaving room for more original cast member cameos & since their endings find out whats been going on with Atlantis & Universe crew etc this stuff pretty much writes itself

#384 Nick Morton, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  10. Thome216 Registered

I'd love to watch a new SG series. My favorite was Atlantis, but really only with Tori Higginson. She was great on that show and it just lost a lot of heart after she left the show.

11. Marvolo Registered

MGM, WB, and Roland Emmerich were planning to reboot the franchise with a new film trilogy that would overwrite the tv shows and they would be sequels to the original film. As of November, the project has stalled, but I think any future tv show would be a reboot too. Which is probably for the best. After 17 television seasons of the old Stargate the property could use a clean slate.

12. Nick Morton Registered

A reboot seems silly since itd be very easy continuing the shows legacy

13. Teelie Jokerface

After what they did with Independence Day: Rehash Resurgence I am not surprised their plans to redo Star Gate have been put on hold. It would have just been the first Star Gate movie redone with a few tweaks to bring it up to modern CG standards and everything else a complete retread of the previous movie.

Somehow The Force Awakens can do it and do it right but no one else has managed to recreate the original and still make it feel new.

14. Panacea Registered

I want another series. There hasn't been sci-fi as comfy since SG-1 ended.

15. Marvolo Registered

Timeless on NBC feels a lot like SG1. Same sort of team spirit with the characters and the concept is fun spirited but with stakes. And there is Dark Matter, Killjoys, and The Expanse which are good scifi but less playful material.

16. Teelie Jokerface

Timeless is on the ratings bubble though it is closest to Stargate in terms of spirit. It should get renewed but I just get this feeling they're going to cancel it.

17. Morg Super Moderator

#392 Morg, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  18. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Pay....to watch 10 minute episodes.....about a character trying to figure out what the stargate actually is or does.....because this takes place before Daniel figured it out in the original movie.....

No thank you.

19. Teelie Jokerface

Just as I was hoping the "origins" obsession was done with, they drag this out. I already have almost all of the Stargate franchise on DVD (missing the last season or two of Atlantis and all of Universe, which I'm indifferent to anyways) to find a justification to sign up for yet another dead end streaming service that is not worth the money.

20. Thome216 Registered

So, back to before the Gate was even started up again..? Why..?

Go back to Atlantis if you want to give us something. It's in Earth orbit now. Or tell us if Destiny made it across the galactic gulf - or if Eli survived. Hell, give a series with Samantha Carter and the Voyages of the Hammond! I have no interest in 1920s archeologists puzzling about the metal ring found in the ground...

21. Kirmit Big Green Machine.

So is 'Origins' official or fan made?

22. Teelie Jokerface

Official canon and all that.

23. Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

[YT]njBTqYXyjHc[/YT]

24. carrrnuttt Registered

Nice.

I've started to rewatch SG1 through Hulu here and there, and I must say, it's held up well.

Also loved to hear the MacGyver reference Sam threw out in the first episode (again), since I was a huge fan of OG Mac.

EDIT: I wonder if Teal'c might end up showing his face on this show. I'm pretty sure his timeline fits right in.

25. Wyrminarrd Registered

I still don't understand why they think that this is a good idea....

If this was a prelude to a reboot of SG-1 I could understand it (even if I wouldn't particularly agree with the move) but this just seems like a waste of time. That said, I will check out the first episode at least.