Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/Universe - Part 1

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Teelie Jokerface

They won't be using the Stargate unless they intend to just ignore over a decade's worth of canon reminding me, why is this a series again?

2. Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

[YT]Itqq9hzLapk[/YT]

3. The Squirrel Le Rongeur

Not gonna be super creative here, but honestly that looks really dumb.

4. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

Holy ****, how do you not actually build a gate for a Stargate series? Such bad CGI.

Also, did a double take when I saw Michael from Atlantis.

5. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

This trailer looks and feels like a parody or even a fanfilm taking on all the modern tropes.

6. Teelie Jokerface

I think it would make a nice action/adventure series based in Egypt circa the 1920's/30's without the Stargate inclusion (and probably a different villian than Nazis). Just have a different MacGuffin.

However with the gate it looks like they are ignoring canon (the gate activates? Something that was established as never occuring before the movie) and will go running around fighting Nazis again for the umpteenth time in a franchise that really has no reason for it.

I liked how they portrayed Catherine Langford and her sidekick/partner guys weren't old fashioned stereotypes but then we didn't get much of them either.

Still can't get on board with the gate being activated and running despite the canon. I suspect their answer to this is a mind wipe and/or time travel that undoes any memory of it ever happening.

7. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

Pretty certain the movie said they were able to activate it once, briefly, but couldn't figure out how to do it again.

8. Teelie Jokerface

Yes, once, when Ernest went in and it promptly lost power then that was it. Completely forgot that one exception.

9. Kirmit Big Green Machine.

I really miss stargate, I watched the movie first when I was 8 years old and have watched every episode of all four shows (yes I even watched the animated show) and liked them all. I still hold of hope it'll return some day but this web series doesn’t do anything for me and I doubt I'll watch it, I may be wrong but I won’t be holding my breathe.

10. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

I really enjoy all the 3 shows (and the movie) but this does indeed look like some kind of fan film, sadly. Probably won't even bother checking it out.

11. LTuser Registered

AHH.. Stargate. My all time fave Sci-fi shows.. My order of preference would be SG1 - SGU - SGA..

12. Morg Super Moderator

13. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Oh HELL YES, although that better bloody be UK Netflix too. I've been itching to rewatch Stargate for ages but could never find a source.

Edit: ...so it's US only :rolleyes::(

14. Gold Samurai Registered

Do you have access to Amazon Prime? For a few months they pulled the series then they brought it back

Also there's some updates on a new series

Brad Wright Confirms New Stargate Is (Still) In The Works » GateWorld

Development for new Stargate TV series set within the SG-1, Universe canon is 'progressing'

- hopes to resolve Universe's cliffhanger
    -Alot of familiar faces would return
    -Not a reboot but a continuation.

DarkShadow10 likes this.
  15. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

. . .huh, I did not know that there actually was talk about a new canon Stargate series ( canon = SG-1, rather than reboot ). Consider my interest perked. Also, yay, SG-1 being watchable again!

16. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Around 15 years ago, they released the entire SG-1 and SGA series on DVD with covers that matched, for around $10 per season. I was able to buy them all.....and they were a great buy. They came with all kinds of extras. There was some kind of commentary on almost every episode and all kinds of behind the scenes featurettes. At that time, I had just recently retired.....so I binge watched 15 seasons of STARGATE. It's about time to do it again.

metaphysician, Teelie and Flash525 like this.
  17. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I used too, but no longer. Wasn't enough on there for me to watch to justify the fee.

There's been talk of new series for years now, both as reboots, and as continuations, both in film and series. We've yet to actually see anything though; it's pretty much just all talk, which is a shame.

I'm sure there are a lot of producers, directors and writers with a lot of ideas, but it doesn't seem any of them have actually found a platform that can relaunch the franchise.

I live in hope.

18. Teelie Jokerface

I have both the entire series of SG-1 and all but the last season of Atlantis on DVD (never got around to buying it) but I have seen both, and the short-lived Universe.

Talk of a new series comes up every few years but until I see it actually filming, I won't believe it. Nice to see it coming to Netflix though. Saves the time switching out DVD's when you want to binge it.

19. Gold Samurai Registered

I guess with the show coming to netflix it might spark some new fans? and possibly interest in a new series.

I had the Stargate Atlantis blu-rays once. Looked great.

Mind you when I watched the series during its original run so I didn't have HD viewings/The HD push had not happened yet

To see it in HD is amazing

20. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

SG1 is such a great series, I'm so happy that nextflix has it. Also it appears a new series is in the works according to Gateworld and its you tube channel dial the gate.

DarkShadow10 likes this.
  21. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Netflix UK doesn't have any of these shows, and I'm seriously annoyed about it! :mad:

As for a new show, too many times has there been news of a new show, a third season for SGU, or film or an article about a reboot, or some snippet of information somewhere alluding to new SG media and nothing ever comes of it.

I yearn for a new series, and I'd even accept a reboot (one where the Goa'uld and their mythology are fleshed out even more) but until I literally have the show streaming in front of me, I'm not believing anything.

For reference too, when I say fleshing out of the Goa'uld and mythology, I'm aware a fair amount of that was done anyway, I just mean that if there was a Goa'uld arc today we'd likely see differently designed ships and the Jaffa Guard would be using different helmets; we only ever saw the Serpent and Hawk Guard (and a Horus Guard once). I'd love to see some of the other designs.

DarkShadow10 likes this.
  22. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I'd be kind of afraid of a reboot. Mainly in that I expect they'd turn Stargate Command into your standard issue Evil/Incompetent Military Operation, the aversion of such cliche being one of the things that made SG-1 such a breath of fresh air.

Flash525 likes this.
  23. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

We'd need the right directors and writers behind it, although there was an element of that in the original shows anyway with that Senator and the people Woosley worked for before his character became likeable.

A reboot would need to be it's own thing though, rather than retelling the exact same stories; kinda like JJ did with Trek (love or hate the films).

They can scrap the Ori that's for sure. :p

24. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I mean, yes, but the key thing was that those were *not* Stargate Command. General Hammond and the broader support structure and troops around SG-1 were both competent and heroic, with evil government plots involving the NID and Senator Woolsey. My concern would be that they would fall into the overused mold where only the four named heroic adventurers would actually be both good and good at their job, and everyone else in Stargate Command is an evil incompetent obstacle.