Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/Universe - Part 1

I got a full Monday night starting next week. Although if Canada continues to air The Event on Sunday night I will just download those rips as I have already seen the new The Event episodes lol

I can't wait! I'm going to soak in as much Stargate newness as I can before it's all over....at least until the movie. =D

I can't wait! I'm going to soak in as much Stargate newness as I can before it's all over....at least until the movie. =D

The last two weeks with "Twin destinies" and "Alliances" have not been kind in ratings

Under 1 million again

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/03/twin-destinies-slips-below-1-million-viewers/

The cancellation shadow is looming large over Stargate Universe‘s live ratings. An estimated 928,000 viewers in the U.S. (Live + Same Day) tuned in for “Twin Destinies” on Monday night.
This is a drop of 10 percent from last week’s mid-season premiere, and SGU‘s third trip south of the 1 million line (chart). It is also the series’ lowest to date — not a great surprise, considering that Syfy cancelled the show back in December.
The show did hold on in the adults 18 to 49 demographic, with a 0.5 household rating.

All time low

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/03/alliances-drops-stargate-universe-ratings-to-series-low/

Stargate Universe fell to its lowest live viewership level yet this week, as Syfy Channel airs the final stretch of episodes after announcing its cancellation in December.
“Alliances” drew approximately 814,000 viewers (Live + Same Day) on Monday night, with a 0.4 household rating in the 18 to 49 demographic. This is down 12 percent from last week.

What's it up against now? Castle? House?

add that to the people that have given up now that there's not going to be a good ending to the show...

who did TPTB at SG piss off in Syfy?

No one on the fence is going to take the time to watch a canceled show. Especially one that isn't getting a proper finale. So Syfy's just burning through the episodes now, and viewers are just going to watch it offline since their rating don't matter anymore.

I thought "Twin Destinies" was amazing. Alliances was okay but nowhere as good as the previous two episodes. After Twin Destinies I feel really sad the show is cancelled.

To be honest...I thought for sure I was going to love Twin Destinies. But just didn't feel it. It's pretty bad when a time travel episode can't suck me in. I guess it's the characters...they all act so serious and/or depressed that they all kind of feel the same to me. I prefer my characters to have a bit more personality.

TD was a great episode... well worth of SG... Alliances felt more like a start of something than anything else...

shame we won't get to see that now :(

i think the big question now is, where to take Stargate now... do they try and do some more movies... stick to the occasional book... or try something else?

To be honest...I thought for sure I was going to love Twin Destinies. But just didn't feel it. It's pretty bad when a time travel episode can't suck me in. I guess it's the characters...they all act so serious and/or depressed that they all kind of feel the same to me. I prefer my characters to have a bit more personality.

Oh. I find Twin Destinies to be the best episode of Season Two and possibly all of SGU.

TD was a great episode... well worth of SG... Alliances felt more like a start of something than anything else...

shame we won't get to see that now :(

i think the big question now is, where to take Stargate now... do they try and do some more movies... stick to the occasional book... or try something else?

I hope there will still be Extinction and Revolution as well as some kind of SGU closure and a possibly fourth series down the road. I haven't lost faith in this franchsie yet!

there were reports when the show was initially canned that they were looking to continue the story somehow...

But as i've heard today that a number of the cast & crew are working on an Alien Apocalypse TV show.... i think it's highly unlikely it'll be a TV Movie or the show on another network

I loved that raid on Destiny in TD. That was some intense television. Still need to watch this week's episode.

Last I heard, fans shouldn't be expecting an SGU movie.

next weeks epi looks great...

and last nights one wasn't half bad either....

damn shame the show didn't start S2 like this....i dare say we'd have a 3rd season if it had.

Yeah, the second half of season 2 has been much stronger than the rest of the series. I guess the powers that be learned their lesson just a little to late :(

next weeks epi looks great...

and last nights one wasn't half bad either....

damn shame the show didn't start S2 like this....i dare say we'd have a 3rd season if it had.

Agreed. I'm very excited for "Seizure". "Hope" (last night's episode) showed as a bit more about Destiny and the whole chair thing, it was awesome and great to see Ginn again.

Season Two is much improved from Season One.

Too bad this got the axe. I think that Destiny would eventually be able to or that the crew runs into some alien who can somehow create a new body for the 3 (Ginn, Perry & Franklin). Rather than just installing them into some corpse.

Greer was boss last night.

Last night, despite the dire situation they were facing, had some comical elements in it. I like that.

Greer punking the girls and the music choices, both moments had me laughing my head off...

Don S. Davis was also in two or three episodes of MacGyver. Once or twice as a bad guy, and once as a cement truck driver with a single line. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"