Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/Universe - Part 1

Thats so awesome, Just increases my inevitability of watching MacGyver. :D

I'm currently rewatching the whole series for the first time since I was a kid.

Other than a couple of episodes, I think my favorite seasons are the first two or three. After that, it became less about being inventive and making MacGyverisms, and more about social messages and being family friendly.

I was under the impression that Don S Davis was a stunt double for one of the characters in MacGyver?

I don't know if you guys are still watching the remainder of SGU... but I'm here to eat my words. I don't know WTF happened... but this show is currently off the hook awesome.

I don't know what happened, but I think Syfy should have watched the entire remainder of the season of the shows they were cancelling, before doing so.

I'm watching the kidney transplant episode, and it's wicked.

there's rumors that MGM are interested in keeping SGU (and the SG-Verse) going somehow...

which would be good news IMHO

there's rumors that MGM are interested in keeping SGU (and the SG-Verse) going somehow...

which would be good news IMHO

I'm interested now.

like the last three episodes have just been solid sci fi.

I really liked this weeks epi. I really enjoy the episodes where people are 'just living'. I really enjoy watching that small cohort of secondaries, than the primary characters.

my only critique, is that the switching girlfriend thing went on a little too long, and they should have brought dr. whatsherface(for spoiling) into that game earlier. I'd like to have seen just a little bit more of Rush dealing with the 3 girlfriends in one body game.

but otherwise, I really liked this episode. They should have tugged on the ghostship thread a little more.

Id love MGM somehow get SGU conclusion(movie or miniseries) while getting SG1 and SGA movies. I haven't lost hope in this franchise just yet! Season 2.5 has been great!

i know for certain that MGM & Wright started looking at options a few days after Syfy killed the show....

MGM doesn't realise the potential they have with SG...

I know MGM wants to keep things going...they are still looking at options.

All though...I hate to say it, but i'm still not into SGU...I watch it just because it's sci-fi...but i'm just not digging the stories. And we almost never see the Stargate.

So they are canceling it after I caught up with the awesomness of season 2. That really really sucks it was just starting to get good.

So...how was the last episode? It looks like just a bunch of drama and talking...I was debating skipping it. Will I miss anything important?

I snagged some sweet stuff from the set of SG1 here in Van.

A bunch of concept sketches and a huge book called Stargate: Artifacts which has pictures of all the props and costumes that they're auctioning off.

So...how was the last episode? It looks like just a bunch of drama and talking...I was debating skipping it. Will I miss anything important?

It was a set up episode... but there were a few interesting things...

the bomb was deffused in time.... and they answer what happened to the dude that vanished in the chair....plus they set up a potential problem for Greer

I loved the music bit right before the surgery took place.

haha, the music before the surgery was great. I love Brody and the other secondary characters. They have a lot of personality and offer a lot to the feel of the show.

I really like that the ship can project holograms of the different programs running in its system. It makes the ship alive, especially after that one episode where the ship was running simulations.

What problem do you foresee for Greer, Dr. Lee? Apart from the obvious of having only one kidney.

I really like that the ship can project holograms of the different programs running in its system. It makes the ship alive, especially after that one episode where the ship was running simulations.

Were they holograms? I thought they were more part of the neural link as no one else could see them.

Were they holograms? I thought they were more part of the neural link as no one else could see them.

This. ^

They're not holograms. Although, I'm sure the ship can manifest whatever it wants to everyone onboard at the same time, which can make them seem like holograms.

True they aren't like your traditional holograms but I think a far superior application of the same idea. Somehow (neural link or something else) the ship is able to choose individuals to interact with. Hence, only TJ could see Dr. Perry and the others in the room could not.

I would have loved to have seen this explored and developed further.

Here's a question...as soon as they discovered the stones in season 1....why didn't they bring Sam (the leading scientist on earth in regards to ancient tech) and Rodney (who has more experience with older ancient tech than anyone alive) on board like right away?

Carter would be off on the Hammond doing whatever it was she was doing...

Rodney? No clue...maybe he doesn't like using them?

The stones and their use has been a gaping plothole since day one. The real answer is that it detracts from the premise of having a bunch of "amateurs" trapped on a ship if they can just bring in an expert every time they run into something strange. Realistically there would be a doctor on 24 hour standby in case there was a medical emergency just as there would be engineers ready to help repair the ship if needed.

On a related note, I heard that Rodney is going to be in next weeks episode :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"