Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

Just finished the first season finale (thank you, HBO Max), and yeah, dug the hell out of this show. Reminds me a bit of the first season of The Flash with the heart and charm. But like Swamp Thing, what impressed me the most about this show is the production quality. I'm curious if it will maintain this quality when it moves exclusively to the CW, or if something will be lost in translation.

Then again, maybe they can get some of the money being put into Superman and Lois right now. The finale was a bit hit and miss for me and, honestly, I think "Brainwave Jr." itself could've worked as a finale, but I'm curious who may make up the ISA's roster for the second season. I mean, Tigress and Sportsmaster can't be dead, Icicle...no way you off a character like that, and Cindy's definitely gotta make more use of that costume. So yeah, I'm sold on Stargirl.

Late into the game, yeah, but still.

Just finished the first season finale (thank you, HBO Max), and yeah, dug the hell out of this show. Reminds me a bit of the first season of The Flash with the heart and charm. But like Swamp Thing, what impressed me the most about this show is the production quality. I'm curious if it will maintain this quality when it moves exclusively to the CW, or if something will be lost in translation.

Then again, maybe they can get some of the money being put into Superman and Lois right now. The finale was a bit hit and miss for me and, honestly, I think "Brainwave Jr." itself could've worked as a finale, but I'm curious who may make up the ISA's roster for the second season. I mean, Tigress and Sportsmaster can't be dead, Icicle...no way you off a character like that, and Cindy's definitely gotta make more use of that costume. So yeah, I'm sold on Stargirl.

Late into the game, yeah, but still.

Geoff says the quality of the show shouldn't change. It does help that a lot of the VFX are already made and he works closely with the VFX team to ensure tehy arent going outrageous with expectations.

considering how rundown the current superhero lineup is at cw they really need more of the show

considering how rundown the current superhero lineup is at cw they really need more of the show

They are probably not in a rush for more superhero shows at the moment considering their none superhero shows are now beating out the Arrowverse shows.

Honestly, Stargirl is the only show that deserves a renewal at this point. Jesus!

Sounds like contract negotiations are going on.
Yeah, the only two reasons for this that would makes sense to me would be either contract/budget negotiations, or DC really wanting to cull their CW content in favor of HBO Max content.

Or someone twisting a non firm renewal, since season 2 hasn't even aired an episode yet, into a stronger negotiating position.

Wild Theory,
Maybe STARGIRL will not be renewed because of the Ray Fisher/Geoff Johns feud.
To quiet the yakking of Fisher they cancel STARGIRL to appease Fisher.

Wild Theory,

You're right. That is a wild theory, and doesn't make sense since the two aren't connected at all.

Also, how are there talks of a Season 3 being 'on the bubble' when Season 2 itself hasn't even aired? I can understand the DCCW shows being renewed before their new seasons start, like Legends, but Stargirl's still relatively new. A bit early for USA Today to even discuss that, I think.

I really hope we get more seasons of this. It could go on a while with a young cast too. Renew please!

Wild Theory,

That is wild and definitely wouldn't happen

Wild Theory,

lol

At worst, they would remove Johns from the show.

You're right. That is a wild theory, and doesn't make sense since the two aren't connected at all.

Also, how are there talks of a Season 3 being 'on the bubble' when Season 2 itself hasn't even aired? I can understand the DCCW shows being renewed before their new seasons start, like Legends, but Stargirl's still relatively new. A bit early for USA Today to even discuss that, I think.

CW loves their early renewals. This article reeks of someone trying to get some outside pressure for contract negotiations. This is hardly unprecedented. Besides, you need to lock down Luke Wilson.

lol

At worst, they would remove Johns from the show.

CW loves their early renewals. This article reeks of someone trying to get some outside pressure for contract negotiations. This is hardly unprecedented. Besides, you need to lock down Luke Wilson.

id rather they keep johns on the series..

anyways hope season 2 is as good as s1at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"