Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

Regarding ordinary human potential, DC seems to set the bar higher than in real life. If this season continues at its current pace of about one in-universe day per episode, then a real-world person with Pat's injuries would be out of action for the rest of the season. Pat's rate of recovery will tell us whether Artemis' abilities are possible for a non-meta human in the DC TV universe.

Also, there’s something off about Beth’s parents. I don’t know if it’s just that they’re workaholics and kind of dismissive toward Beth or something deeper is going on there. But it’s annoying to see her reach out to them only to get a cold shoulder in return.
I figure that Beth and her parents are being portrayed as being on the autism spectrum. All three have the social awkwardness and narrow focus of attention that TV and movies use to signify the spectrum, and Beth could have inherited the tendency both genetically and as learned behaviour from her two lifelong role models.

I have to say, my one major issue with this show are the love interests for our lead. It's like they have found the most blah human males possible to make any such relationships entirely undesirable.

I am also not hot one what they have done with Beth. Her reaction to her parents divorce, while understandable on some level, has come off terribly with how they have gone about it. The parents seem to be doing everything right and she seems determined to fight them in an unreasonable manner.

Has it ever not been much better then Titans, the worst DC show ever produced?
*ahem* This would like a word with you.

p184840_b_v8_aa.jpg

What's the point of bringing Beth to these fights? She can't really do anything... but I can see them making that part of the story later on.

I also loved how things got "real" when Eclipso arrived. Like "yeah that was a cool fight you kids had... but now playtime is over..."

It's funny how this show is more mature than the other DC CW shows, even though they have a younger cast. I like how they're not affraid to kill off characters. Especially since kids are usually off limits in most shows.

The last time we saw Catwoman/Batman/Joker with clear faces on our tv screens. BoP has its charm.
I liked it but wasn’t upset that it got canceled. I mean the last episode kinda did serve as a good finale.

I definitely got strong Nightmare on Elm Street vibes from this episode during those hallucination/dream sequences and poor Yolanda man. So Eclipso is basically Freddy Kreuger with super powers in the way he loves to torment and play with his victims which is pretty horrifying, but I liked how they brought some familiar faces back.

Alright but slow episode. Really put Yolanda through the ringer here and something tells me her leaving the team won't be permanent.

God that kid is so creepy. Well acted and cast.

I’m also liking that their playing the long game with Cameron. They are going heavy with the Freddy vibes this episode as well.

Last edited:
I really like the theme of this episode with the taking a life and the cost of making that choice. But also even with Mike a little with killing Jordan by accident.

I was pretty bored by tonight's episode.

It was great to see Brainwave and his son again, and the actress who plays Yolanda delivered as always, but other than that, I was missing the Shade, Cindy, and the new Injustice society.

I really do prefer the villains like Shade, Cindy , Brainwave, Sportsmaster, Tigress, and The Shade as foes.

No, they're not as powerful as Eclipso , but I find them far more interesting since they aren't one note villains, and they have a great back and forth with the heroes.

Then again, I really don't find Eclipso as interesting as everyone else does, so I'm biased in that sense.

So, all in all, the episode was passable, but it once again highlighted for me how much is missing for me this season in comparison to the last season.

Not a good followup. Yolanda leaving the team was something we saw coming a mile away.

Ratings for last night was 600K.

I was pretty bored by tonight's episode.

It was great to see Brainwave and his son again, and the actress who plays Yolanda delivered as always, but other than that, I was missing the Shade, Cindy, and the new Injustice society.

I really do prefer the villains like Shade, Cindy , Brainwave, Sportsmaster, Tigress, and The Shade as foes.

No, they're not as powerful as Eclipso , but I find them far more interesting since they aren't one note villains, and they have a great back and forth with the heroes.

Then again, I really don't find Eclipso as interesting as everyone else does, so I'm biased in that sense.

So, all in all, the episode was passable, but it once again highlighted for me how much is missing for me this season in comparison to the last season.

Yes, this season doesn't really have the same sparkle as the first season. I don't really like them leaning into horror. I prefer the more optimistic and sunny take they had last year. I don't find Eclipso very interesting either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"