Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

Okay, slowly getting caught up, just finished the ISA vs JSA episode.

But what the hell is with the filter they are using, especially outside. I don't know what it is, but the last two episodes I've watched it was becoming distracting.

Yeah I've just been disappointed with this season. That magic just isn't there and the plot doesn't seem to be moving along all that much.

I do like how they're trying to portray Eclipso and just how powerful and scary he is but yeah.

Also, am I the only one who completely forgot Rick's uncle was still around? :funny:

I mean for me the magic is still there but this season is dark because the story calls for it imo. After this season is over all the darkness the gang is going through will be worth it once they overcome Eclipso and rise above it.

Yeah I've just been disappointed with this season. That magic just isn't there and the plot doesn't seem to be moving along all that much.

I do like how they're trying to portray Eclipso and just how powerful and scary he is but yeah.

Also, am I the only one who completely forgot Rick's uncle was still around? :funny:

No.:funny:

I don't think he's been around since the pilot.
Then again, I forgot about Icicle's son as well since they barely used him in season one.

The show has certainly become lethargic and plodding, and it feels like season 6 of a series as opposed to season 2.

Yeah, it's dark , but it's dark and dull imo.

There's no spark , spunk, or energy there, and you can have all that while being dark.

I wasn't expecting a racist Eclipso, now Anjelika Washington's protrayal has been talked about much throughout the last year, and while there's been a soft, heartfelt touch to her charector, there's also a strong underbelly and foundation
to her ethics.

The racist Eclipso was actually the most interesting part of the episode for me, especially since Stargirl has pretty much stayed away from dealing with race , unlike Supergirl.

I was pretty bored through most of the episode but once the racist little kid threw out the first insult I was like, " Whoa" and that got my attention since it was out of left field for the series.

Washington's a good actress, i've seen her in something else, and I actually saw Bassinger in a film before she did Stargirl, so I knew she had talent as well.

The young cast members are all good actors, thankfully, and they're doing a good job lifting material which hasn't been as strong this season as it was last season.

I will say , for all my complaints about this season, that the young actors continue to deliver good performances and haven't been sleep walking through a weaker season.

I wouldn't say I find this season dissapointing, but its really slowed down from that awesome fight at the school and that great intro for Eclipso which I kind of knew was going to be hard for them to top atleast not anytime soon.

Hopefully, it does pick up in the upcoming episodes, because this week's might be my least favorite episode of the season so far, but I did think Beth got some good moments to shine in her scenes with Eclipso.

I just didn't care really care for all the mopey, melodrama with Rick and Grundy being the main focus of this episode which honestly took me out of the episode even more.

Due to MLB pre-emption last night's Stargirl drew 470K.

I don't watch previews, but that closing scene seems to suggest that Eclipso will set Cameron on a path of revenge against the JSA kids next episode.

No.:funny:

I don't think he's been around since the pilot.
Then again, I forgot about Icicle's son as well since they barely used him in season one.

The show has certainly become lethargic and plodding, and it feels like season 6 of a series as opposed to season 2.

Yeah, it's dark , but it's dark and dull imo.

There's no spark , spunk, or energy there, and you can have all that while being dark.
Yeah I agree. The overall quality is still there - if that makes sense. I don't think the fact that it's dark bothers me too much but definitely dull.

Really looking forward to seeing the original JSA with Jay Garrick popping up though.

I know its probably due to cost reasons but I wonder why the Hawks (probably off limits) and other OG JSA members were left out.

https://tvline.com/2021/10/03/stargirl-joel-mchale-series-regular-season-3-sylvester-starman/

It sounds like Starman himself will truly get a chance to shine on DC’s Stargirl, with the news that Joel McHale has been upped to series regular for Season 3 of the superhero team-up.

McHale confirmed his promotion on Friday’s episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show (at the 7:00 mark in the video below), adding, “I’m very happy to be a part of the show, so thank you Geoff Johns who invented it.” Stargirl was picked up for Season 3 back in May, long before its sophomore premiere

I run a mental health non-profit for fans of superheroes and sci-fi...and to help us raise money, Stargirl actress Stella (Artemis) Smith did her FIRST EVER signing!
If anyone wants a signed pic, let me know...and like I said...the money is going to a registered 501c3 non-profit.

It was a fairly enjoyable episode but it left me wanting more BUT MY LORD! This season is seriously lacking in the action department. They say that the show wouldn't suffer in its move to TheCW but it's painfully obvious that they are writing to save budget.

This is probably the most we'll see of the OG JSA and I wanted to see them work together as team, have an awesome fight scene against Eclipso, and how having to take a human life impacted them instead of just hearing about it. You bring us Jay Garrick! Put him to some good use and give us some info about him.

It was great to see Jordan/Icicle again, he was a great villain and I still hope that he isn't dead, just taking a REALLLLLY long time to pull himself together.

The Shade has definitely become one of my favorite new characters/anti-villains this season. Just love it whenever he shows up on screen.

You can tell after spending some or most of the budget for the 6th episode as they're stalling for the season finale.

I like Jay Garrick of Earth-2 and John Wesley Shipp wasn't kidding about Jay being more like the comics than he was in Flash.

This week's episode was a little better than the last weeks mostly because of how much I enjoyed the flashbacks with the OG JSA and the sense of dread and atmoesphere Eclipso has created, but man was it super exposition heavy at times and yeah the lack of action is becoming somewhat frustrating.

As dark as this season is I really do wish they injected more energy into the interactions between the characters because everything just feels a bit too dour and depressing now IMO.

Again I hope it picks up at some point because I haven't given up on this show yet, but more action would be nice aswell as more scenes with The Shade to atleast liven things up a bit.

I did like seeing Icicle again, even if it was just a vision. It's crazy how much Eclipso is literally in everyone's heads. But on that, Stargirl has been on point with its villains. Whether it's Eclipso or last season with Brainwave, Icicle, the ISA, they've been doing very well.

Plus, great to see the JSA and the conflict that would ultimately drive them apart. I wondered if we would get some lead-up to the battle we saw in the prologue in the first episode, but even though we didn't, I enjoyed seeing the JSA. Always happy to see John Wesley Shipp pop up as Jay Garrick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"