Stargirl Stargirl series coming to DC Universe

Discussion in 'DC Comics TV' started by Primal Slayer, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Gaultheria Registered

I expected Grundy to do the T. rex thing when Barbara's car was stalled in the woods. Not that it would have made sense, but the setup seemed there.

On a serious note, which of the characters is going to choose to become Eclipso's new host so that Eclipso can be defeated by the method described in this episode? Sylvester would be the obvious choice because of the "redemption equals death" trope, but recent casting news makes that unlikely. Shade will try, but will fail. It'll be Pat, to protect his family.

2. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

Well, that was disappointing. Was really looking forward to getting Jay Garrick on this show and that's it?!

I had a hard time getting invested in this episode. Some of the flashbacks were nice but I knew everything else wasn't real so it was like "what's the point?"

I hope they can somehow get a little bit of a bigger budget next year. I feel like there's been practically no fight scenes since episode 6, we've hardly seen Courtney in the costume...

vantheman77 likes this.
  3. Apollian Registered

Pat wasn't valued by Starman
    in regards to his views or opinions. almost like Pat should know his place as a sidekick and speak
    when his spoken to. I wasn't really expecting that.

4. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

We got a preview of Starman being a *****e in 1x01.

I still question why they dont wear masks. Pat has a costume, why did he never wear it as SPK?

5. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

When Pat was 20, he was driving Sylvester around and taking orders from him even though he was only 15 lol. Always found that kind of funny.

6. Sithborg Registered

The grey filter they are using is really beginning to piss me off.

Holy Slapper likes this.
  7. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Well they really underused JWS here. Just what was the point of having (a) Flash on this series in a, ahem, Flashback if he didn't once use his speed. Do we know yet whether he's the same Flash that's now with Barry on Earth Prime or what?

8. NotNickFury Registered

Without any basis for this, I feel this is just Stargirl's take on Jay Garrick, just using John Wesley Shipp to play him again because why not? If this was the same Jay that we've gotten to know on Earth Prime, knowing the CW, there'd probably be at least one throwaway line. I think, anyway.

But again, since Shipp has played him so often already, they probably just opted to use him since he's right there, rather than have a different actor. Though a different actor would clear up any potential confusion about whether this is the same one we've seen on the other shows.

Flash525 likes this.
  9. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I really do hope this is the case, and that he's not the same character.

I don't want Stargirl tainted by the other CW shows.

Erik20 likes this.
  10. Gaultheria Registered

I think there was an interview with Shipp, about half a year ago, where he said that the Jay Garrick on this show would be the same character as the one he plays in the Arrowverse. I might be off a bit in the details -- the quote might've come from a showrunner rather than from Shipp, or some variation like that -- but I'm sure of the gist of it. I probably read it via a link posted in this thread, though with 100+ pages to look back through, I don't think I'm going to be able to find it.

I'm getting the impression that season 2 underwent a drastic last-minute rewrite to enable filming during the pandemic, and that they had a contractual obligation to keep with Shipp even after they'd dropped the original plan for an Arrowverse crossover story.

Flash525 likes this.
  11. Gaultheria Registered

(Re: 2x10)

“Love” and “Goodness” are practically synonyms. Just sayin’.

12. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

At least it seems like things should really start moving along these last handful of episodes. Not a bad episode but part of me is getting a little bored of the Eclipso storyline.

Slick and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  13. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Not a bad episode at all, but with there only being like three episodes left this show needs to pick up big time and atleast next week's episode looks a bit more interesting and hopefully its not a complete waste of time.

It was nice seeing the Jade character again though, but I wish they did more with her this season because she feels super underutilized so far unless they have some awesome stuff in store for her later.

Slick likes this.
  14. Slick Yup

Really enjoyed this episode. Dammit Shade just when I thought I could trust you. Shame on me though.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  15. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Will Courtney get to meet the real Dr. McNider if she got sucked into that shadow place? Also is Henry Thomas back to playing him or did they cast someone new? I think it was a different person in the flashback scene?

16. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Last night's Stargirl drew 570K.

17. Monsieur Xavier Guildsman

I didn't understood The Shade origin.
    The guy stole the black diamond (which is also Eclipso diamond, right ? ) but it was a fake and the cultists were still able to release the "smoke power" from said fake stone. Can someone enlighten me ? I must have missed something.

18. Gaultheria Registered

I think that the diamond is more like a lens than a key. The cultists could still open the door without the real diamond; they just couldn't focus the spell properly.

That being said, any information is automatically suspect when it ultimately traces back to something Shade said, especially if it has to do with his origin and potential vulnerabilities.

19. Gaultheria Registered

I was just wondering if this show is setting up its version of the Young Justice story arc where the forces of Apokolips (led on Earth by Granny Goodness) are kidnapping meta kids.

Sure, it would be a re-use of a plot, but DC has done Flashpoint at least 3 times, so there's precedent.

20. Sithborg Registered

Seems doubtful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Bones

Helix (New Earth)

Makes sense they would start drawing from Infinity Inc, once I looked it up.

The fliter was a little less annoying this episode. Shade still being a villain was good. Good to see Jenni again.

21. Gaultheria Registered

22. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

Mister Bones is a dirty trickster. He’s a good villain after Eclipso as he’s not pure evil. He just lacks any moral compass.

23. Sithborg Registered

Plus, Helix is another super team for the JSA to fight.

24. signalman Registered

Whatever happen to Henry Thomas?
    He played Charles McNider in season 1.
    Alex Collin is now McNider.

Prison Mike likes this.
  25. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

That’s my question too. Been a fan of Henry Thomas so it’s disappointing to hear he was recast