Stargirl Stargirl series coming to DC Universe

Discussion in 'DC Comics TV' started by Primal Slayer, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Snow Queen 4AF (she/her)

I was pleased that Jade showed back up this week, and even more pleased they seem to have tied her to the likely season 3 story. Curious to see what they do with Bones there. I really love his later incarnations in the present day but am not super familiar with the more classic version I imagine they'll be pulling a lot from given the setup.

KaijuDude1992, Slick and Sithborg like this.
  2. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Great episode of Stargirl as I knew they have to get ready for the next go-round with Eclipso.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  3. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Looks like this show is finally gaining some momentum again going into these final two episodes. This was definitely a better episode than the last few mostly because I really enjoyed seeing Courtney interact with Dr. Midnight as well as what they did with Cindy throughout this episode. I'll be a bit disappointed if this is really the last we see of The Shade though because I was really hoping they would do more that character.

Web-Head likes this.
  4. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

Love how this episode clearly focused on Courtney. I feel like that's something that's been missing this season. Probably one of the better episodes we've gotten this season and it looks like things are gonna end on a high note.

I think they're setting up Cindy to kill Eclipso but I think it'll be a fake out or Courtney will stop her from doing so.

KaijuDude1992 and vantheman77 like this.
  5. Gaultheria Registered

(Re: 2x11)

Todd detected!

6. 3rdstone Original Manhunter

Nice to see Cindy back, one of my favourites of these young characters. Also cool interaction between the real Dr Midnight and Courtney. These last episodes has felt a bit more like a mystery drama than a pure super hero show, but I'm OK with that. Wouldn't mind to see some action eventually envolving the old JSA members, instead of them just talking whenever they show up.

7. NotNickFury Registered

I don't know who the kid is that's playing kid Eclipso, but he's doing a mighty fine job.

8. 3rdstone Original Manhunter

I agree. I also think Courtney's step brother, which could've been super annoying, is both well written and well acted by that kid.

KaijuDude1992 and Babillygunn like this.
  9. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

Milo Stein

10. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Last night's Stargirl was 530K.

11. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

This isnt a bad show but sweet jesus....we've barely had any action this season. They could've this down to 5 episodes and it'd be stronger. Hopefully they can even everything out in S3.

Web-Head likes this.
  12. KaijuDude1992 Registered

I got to say as exposition heavy as this episode was I still loved the high energy of it and I honestly wish we got more episodes like this throughout the season instead of everything being so dark and dreary.

This is the tone I've been missing this season and there were plenty of great moments between certain characters, but yeah more action would be greatly appreciated and hopefully we get that in the season finale.

Dark Raven likes this.
  13. Gaultheria Registered

(Re: 2x12)

Okay, so the second node of darkness on Jennie's map wasn't Todd, but it should have been. I guess it could still be, in a way, if the dark goo remnant anchors Shade's power to this world, and if it jumps from Jennie to Todd during the happy sibling reunion hug, turning Todd into the new Shade while Richard sticks around as the Gentleman Ghost.

14. Slick Yup

I’m thinking that Courtney will defeat Eclipso with accepting that she has darkness but not letting it fully overcome her and embracing the hope she has.

15. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Last night's penultimate episode got 624K.

16. signalman Registered

Nice makeup job/effects for the eclipsed Courtney/Stargirl.

stargirlelcipsed.jpg

17. KaijuDude1992 Registered

That was a fun finale eventhough it did feel somewhat rushed. Overall I enjoyed this season but it was definitely a step down from Season 1 and I really wish the middle portion had a bit more action.

That being said I am still pretty excited for Season 3, especially after that stinger at the end and the fact that the set up for it is already great with the Crock family being Stargirl's neighbors and Cindy joining the JSA.

I also hope we get more Starman and The Shade next season aswell.

18. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Yeah it was ok but didn't live up to the s1 finale. Ending the battle 15min early seemed a bit immature, they didn't think of how Ecilpso could really take them all on and needed some additional barriers for the team.

What was Starman doing all season?

KaijuDude1992 and Prison Mike like this.
  19. Snow Queen 4AF (she/her)

Keith David's for his voice, huh? Awesome. The assumption Jade will be around more as a result of that storyline plus the Crocks moving next door have me very excited for next season.
    Been sitting in that diner, eating pancakes for 12 episodes.

20. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

I can't believe they teased me with Alicia Witt, and then did me like that! :argh:

The second half of the season was a rather large downgrade imo. But the setup for next season gives me hope. I find the domestic stuff on the show to be it's most charming aspect.

21. Slick Yup

Ok that was a great season finale and I loved all the set up for season 3.

KaijuDude1992 and Holy Slapper like this.
  22. Gaultheria Registered

Mr. Bones' faintly visible flesh made my skin crawl, more so than if he was just an animated skeleton. I get that this is accurate to the character's condition in the comics, but I hope they tone down the effect in season 3.

23. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Pretty good finale but the season overall was a downgrade from the first one. Looking forward to more Starman though.

24. NotNickFury Registered

While I've found this season to be a vast upgrade, this finale felt a little...easy, given how huge they made the stakes. Just a big, 'Be yourself' speech that felt very Flash or Supergirl-esque, and then by our powers combined, Eclipso is done just like that? I guess I was expecting something bigger and grander, again, given how much darker this season has been. Beyond that, curious to see how the new neighbors and Sylvester's appearance change up the dynamic of Season 3.

As for Cindy wanting to join? Yeah, I could see Courtney being the one person to give her a chance and the others begrudgingly accepting it, but not making it easy.

KaijuDude1992 and Primal Slayer like this.
  25. Sithborg Registered

Why hello Keith David...

Fun finale. Really looking forward to next season. Should be a lot more fun than this season. Also, no more grey filter. Just make the whole season Crock/Duggan-Whitmore shenanigans.

I will say, Mike's Eclipso nightmare has me really looking forward to Icicle Jr.