Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

This show really nails it's season finale's unlike so many of the other DC CW shows. Not as good as last season's but still good. The setup for next season was even better.

Last edited:
Been busy so finally just caught up and finished the last two episodes of season 2...

Definitely a step down from season 1 but I thought they nailed the last two episodes and the set up for next season has me excited.

I'd be down for a Mike and Jakeem spin-off too. They were so much fun together :funny:

I'm gonna echo what a few others said though and the lack of action this season and heavy exposition kind of brought the season down as a whole. I don't know if Eclipso really worked. He felt like a powerful threat and well, he was, but at the same time, the whole "visions" thing was drawn out too much for me.

Not a bad season and the set up for season 3 has me hopeful. Starman being around, Icicle jr, Bones and of course the Crocks.

I’m just glad Pat didn’t get killed off because I was really starting to fear that as the season went on and that Starman was going to replace him.

Stargirl's finale on its own was great, but it was slow burn of getting there. I like seeing JSA and ISA coming together to defeat Eclipso. They had to set up storylines for the 3rd season Frenemies, but it was done in a rush because the penultimate episode was wasted on exposition.

In the comics, Yolanda and Beth were killed by Eclipso. It didn't happen here.

Season 2 was a little bit step down from the first season as I hope they regain the things that made season 1 great for Frenemies.

I was just about to post that lol. Can’t wait for the new season.

No more horror in season 3. I want the optimism and light tone of season 1.

As far as season 4 goes I’m thinking that most if not all the DC CW shows are secretly renewed as well as the other shows with deals already made.

I think the CW execs are waiting and seeing about the sale but I having a feeling they’ll make their announcements at upfronts. I mean if it wasn’t for the potential sale we would know by now.

History will be made when we get the first live-action Jade and Obsidian.

When it comes to JSA in the comics, Jerry Ordway is the man for it. His art on Superman and Crisis is among the best. It's similar to George Perez's style.

I know the season hasn’t started yet but all these cancellations on the CW have me nervous. Going to try to remain optimistic.

I know the season hasn’t started yet but all these cancellations on the CW have me nervous. Going to try to remain optimistic.

I'd say the fact that it didnt get cancelled today is pretty telling. They cancelled Roswell and that season hasnt even aired yet.

I'd say the fact that it didnt get cancelled today is pretty telling. They cancelled Roswell and that season hasnt even aired yet.
True. I guess we’ll just wait and see but yes since the show wasn’t in the trades as canceled the odds are in Stargirls favor for renewal especially since it doesn’t have much competition now.

Stargirl also draws in good numbers like Superman & Lois and Flash. The three are the ones drawing better numbers than Batwoman, Legends, and Naomi.

Just read the Earth-Prime: Stargirl issue and it was a good little side story. Art was pretty good too so I recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"