Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

Arthur Matlock?
Sounds more like a description for Wildcat or Mr Terrific?

Was it not on the CW before? And if it does end up there, won't people automatically think it's part of the Arrowverse? And then what happens about the Stargirl who has already appeared in Legends?

Another potential DC show on the CW? Seriously CW has enough of these DC shows, they don't need anymore and it would be nice if Stargirl remained on DC Universe or went to another network that isn't the CW. Again I just hope this is simply just a rumor and nothing more.

Last edited:
CW shows are gonna look even worse once Watchmen hits looking at those reviews

well, if this goes to CW, then that's not going to do the DC Universe app any favors. With Swamp Thing cancelled, you've only got Titans and Doom Patrol.

Stargirl would probably fit CW better than Titans and Doom Patrol, but the app can't survive with just 2 exclusive shows.

If Stargirl goes to CW, I wonder if they have enough time to put her in Crisis.

She could be the Stargirl after the Crisis reboot instead of the one from Legends or she could be the granddaughter of the Legends Stargirl.

Why move it to TheCW? Unless DCU is going away there is no reason for the move.

Swamp Thing gets cancelled and now the dcu service may lose a planned new show to keep feeding CW? Damn

Star Girl is Geoff Johns' baby than any other project he's done.

Exclusive: DC’s ‘Stargirl’ Episode Titles Confirm the Brainwaves, Icicle, & Stars and STRIPE Influence; Writers Room Includes Comics Veteran James Dale Robinson, Melissa Carter, Taylor Streitz, & More

The episode titles and writers are listed below. Oddly enough, there’s only 12, which may indicate that the season was shortened by an episode. I am also not sure on the episode order, so they’re listed alphabetically.

• Brainwave (Colleen McGuinness)
  • Brainwave Jr. (James Dale Robinson)
  • Hourman and Dr. Mid-Nite (Melissa Carter)
  • Icicle (Colleen McGuinness)
  • Justice Society of America (Taylor Streick)
  • Pilot (Geoff Johns)
  • S. T. R. I. P. E. (Geoff Johns)
  • Shiv Part One (Evan Ball)
  • Shiv Part Two (Paula Sevenbergen)
  • Stars and S. T. R. I. P. E Part One (Melissa Carter)
  • Stars and S. T. R. I. P. E. Part Two (Geoff Johns)
  • Wildcat (James Dale Robinson)
The pilot is the first episode and Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E Part One and Part Two are the final two episodes.

Stargirl will be the first crossover series for DCU/CW. It will air on both "networks". Looks like they are trying to drum up some noise for the service.

DC Universe & The CW to Broadcast Stargirl

I'm going to assume this is why DCU pushed back the start date.

I wonder if any of the Arrowverse will simultaneously broadcast on both CW and DCU besides Star Girl.

Well now my enthausism for this show has gone down. Now it will just be a typical CW teen drama.
You do realize this was already finished filming long before the decision was made to put it on CW, yes?

You do realize this was already finished filming long before the decision was made to put it on CW, yes?
There was really no need for that patronising response and yes I knew that. I'm just worried that it will be heavily edited on for the audience of CW.

There was really no need for that patronising response and yes I knew that. I'm just worried that it will be heavily edited on for the audience of CW.
The show was supposed to be family friendly to start with. They're not changing the episodes for CW, they're airing them on CW because they're worried that not enough people will see it on DC Universe and HBO Max won't even launch until May.

Your choices in this instance were likely:
1. The show airs as-is on DC Universe and dies a quick death like Swamp Thing
or
2. The show airs as-is on CW and DC Universe and hopefully is popular enough to get a second season on one of the three platforms (CW/DCU/HBO Max).

did people think...this wouldn't have teen drama? What? lmao

did people think...this wouldn't have teen drama? What? lmao

It has become cool to automatically hate everything on the CW, and to pretend just not being on that network will magically improve the quality of the show even though the same people are making it.

People act like Gotham, Agents of SHIELD, Constantine, Titans, Doom Patrol, Human Target, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Inhumans, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, etc didn't or don't suffer from many of the same issues that the CW shows do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"