Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

man I dunno what to say... it stars teens and is iirc set in a high school. Also shows already been filmed. Going to cw isn't magically gonna change what the show already was.

man I dunno what to say... it stars teens and is iirc set in a high school. Also shows already been filmed. Going to cw isn't magically gonna change what the show already was.
Watch out, you're about to be labelled a monster who hates everybody else's feelings or something.

Well the little interest I had with this have dissapeared. Cant wait for WB to cast a different actress for the part in upcoming Black Adam movies. Nothing says special like having multiple versions of the same character at the same time.

Well the little interest I had with this have dissapeared. Cant wait for WB to cast a different actress for the part in upcoming Black Adam movies. Nothing says special like having multiple versions of the same character at the same time.
It's almost like DC Comics has been heavily utilizing the multiverse concept since September 1961 or something.

Not everything that has been in a Comic Book work on screen. Multiple versions of the same character at the same time is one of those that gives the TV stuff a fanfiction kind of a feel. WB could do something cool here and have the cast from Stargirl be in the Black Adam movie. I doubt that will happen.

I would like WB to care enough of the DC brand to make it feel special. Marvel is doing their own "What if" series and its the movie cast doing the voices.

Not everything that has been in a Comic Book work on screen. Multiple versions of the same character at the same time is one of those that gives the TV stuff a fanfiction kind of a feel. WB could do something cool here and have the cast from Stargirl be in the Black Adam movie. I doubt that will happen.

I would like WB to care enough of the DC brand to make it feel special. Marvel is doing their own "What if" series and its the movie cast doing the voices.

Uhh, they're adapting Crisis On Infinite Earths. There's pretty much zero way to do that without using multiple versions of the same characters.

I don't like the idea of movie star girl.Hope she isn't in it. Too many versions across media. :/

Tv is worse now though. Multiple universes incoming. Hell titans and doom patrol are pretty much separate.

Uhh, they're adapting Crisis On Infinite Earths. There's pretty much zero way to do that without using multiple versions of the same characters.

I was talking about Stargirl. I have read COIE many times. I hoped that character would have been kept on her own show+ kept away from The CW stuff. I also hoped that would have given them the option to not recast her for the Shazam/Black Adam stuff with the movies.

They sure have some cool talent in their COIE crossover. But the previous Crossovers have been horrible, so I doubt this will be anything fantastic either.

Gonna have to disagree on that. I love the crossovers and wish we had more.

I was talking about Stargirl. I have read COIE many times. I hoped that character would have been kept on her own show+ kept away from The CW stuff. I also hoped that would have given them the option to not recast her for the Shazam/Black Adam stuff with the movies.

They sure have some cool talent in their COIE crossover. But the previous Crossovers have been horrible, so I doubt this will be anything fantastic either.
3e3.jpg

There's very little chance of the movies and TV shows crossing over into any coherent timeline. It takes over a year to put out a 2 hour movie, versus a few months to put out 20+ hours of TV. Trying to make everything line up with a dozen different creative teams is hard.

The reason Marvel waited so long for it to happen was because of the logistics, and now that they're doing it they're keeping their TV series to minimal 4-8 episode orders. And that's with Kevin Feige now solely in control of everything.

If Stargirl is appearing in the Crisis, I would like to see a friendship forming between her and Supergirl.

I also want to see her interact with the Legends, particularly Citizen Steel, about the JSA they encountered. Maybe the Stargirl from Legends is the current Stargirl's grandmother?!

If Stargirl is appearing in the Crisis, I would like to see a friendship forming between her and Supergirl.

I also want to see her interact with the Legends, particularly Citizen Steel, about the JSA they encountered. Maybe the Stargirl from Legends is the current Stargirl's grandmother?!
It's entirely possible that between all the timeline shenanigans on Flash, Legends, and the Crisis they simply wrote the old Stargirl out of existence.

I smell a 3-show crossover between Supergirl, Batwoman, and Star Girl.

Glad its going to also air on the CW.
I am planning on canceling my sub to DCU.
And sign up with HBO MAX.

stargirlCW.jpg

It does suck that it's been pushed back close to a year just to accommodate TheCW

It does suck that it's been pushed back close to a year just to accommodate TheCW

If they're making this decision, it's likely that the show's future was in doubt.

I think it's clear DC Universe alone isn't a big enough platform for these shows to succeed. All of them are going to end up being simulcast with either CW or HBO Max. And since Stargirl was always supposed to be a teen drama focused on a younger audience, it seems a better fit for CW.

Sticking it on broadcast TV at least shows that WB wants it to succeed. Rather than axing it after one episode due to a paperwork snafu like Swamp Thing.

If they're making this decision, it's likely that the show's future was in doubt.

I think it's clear DC Universe alone isn't a big enough platform for these shows to succeed. All of them are going to end up being simulcast with either CW or HBO Max. And since Stargirl was always supposed to be a teen drama focused on a younger audience, it seems a better fit for CW.

Sticking it on broadcast TV at least shows that WB wants it to succeed. Rather than axing it after one episode due to a paperwork snafu like Swamp Thing.

The show has been wrapped forever now so they easily could've aired it on DCU and aired later on TheCW.

The show has been wrapped forever now so they easily could've aired it on DCU and aired later on TheCW.

But they wanted the popularity boost that will come with introducing her in the Crisis. They want the show to be a big hit from the start, not something a bunch of curious CW viewers possibly check out after the fact.

I want a JSA moment in the Crisis with Star Girl, KC Superman, Flash Jay Garrick, Citizen Steel, BoP Huntress, and Black Canary Dinah Drake.

Yes as long as it's JWS playing JayGarrick and no one else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"