Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

I'll tune in. Are they ever going to want to crossover with Earth Prime? They'll still need an interdimensional portal device like before if so.

And if they do cross over, it means that it's really bringing it back into the position the shows were before when they were on different earths. Sure, some will be on the same earth, but Stargirl will always be separate, just like Supergirl was on Earth 38 all the time. So there could still be these multiverse stories like before.

And if we are going to be spending all this time on Earth 2, are they going to show us Harry and Jessie Wells if they're even still alive?

I'll tune in. Are they ever going to want to crossover with Earth Prime? They'll still need an interdimensional portal device like before if so.

And if they do cross over, it means that it's really bringing it back into the position the shows were before when they were on different earths. Sure, some will be on the same earth, but Stargirl will always be separate, just like Supergirl was on Earth 38 all the time. So there could still be these multiverse stories like before.

And if we are going to be spending all this time on Earth 2, are they going to show us Harry and Jessie Wells if they're even still alive?

Stargirl doesn't film on the same schedule as the other shows, so any crossovers would have to be a situation of one group of characters from Stargirl appearing on another show or the other way around; no back and forth, contiguous stories between multiple episodes like the other shows.

So with that in mind, it doesn't really matter which Earth it's set on. Any crossover is going to have to be a special event.

It's announced that Stargirl will be premiering on both DCU and CW on May 11 and 12th respectively.

Good to finally have a premiere date. I’ll be watching on the CW App.

This show does look really good so I’m hoping it’s a hit on both the DCU & The CW.

First Three Episode Synopses Revealed

Episode 1: "Stargirl"

The new DC UNIVERSE drama series, STARGIRL follows high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore (series star BREC BASSINGER) as she inspires an unlikely group of young heroes to take up the legacy of a long-lost superhero team – The Justice Society of America – and stop the villains of the past.

In the series premiere episode, Courtney's seemingly perfect life in Los Angeles gets upended with a move to Blue Valley, Nebraska with her mother Barbara (series star AMY SMART), stepfather Pat Dugan (series star LUKE WILSON) and stepbrother Mike (series star TRAE ROMANO), and she finds herself struggling to adapt to her new town and high school. But when Courtney discovers that Pat is harboring a major secret about his past, she ultimately becomes the unlikely inspiration for a new generation of Super Heroes.

Episode 2: "S.T.R.I.P.E."

After Courtney has an unexpected run-in with a member of the Injustice Society of America, Pat reveals the truth to her about their history. Meanwhile, Barbara is elated when she sees Courtney making an attempt to get along with Pat, not knowing the secret they've been keeping. Finally, things take a dangerous turn at Blue Valley High's open house night when Courtney becomes the target of a dangerous foe.

Episode 3: "Icicle"

After a dangerous run-in with a member of the Injustice Society of America, Pat warns Courtney to back down from her attempts to go after them. But when she encounters what she believes to be a message from one of them, she urges Pat to help her. Meanwhile, Barbara makes strides at work, which impresses her new boss Jordan Mahkent (series star NEIL JACKSON).

With all that’s going on in the world at least this is one of the good things that’s still going to come out.

Stargirl is going to be quite a show for the Spring and Summer season.

Just one week so not trippin. Still very much looking forward to this show.

New posters. Wildcats mask seems to round and not sure how I feel about teen Hourman and Doctor Mid-Nite.
EUc6ep8UcAAFLJ6

EUdAa8JXsAAUnFF

I can see Stargirl appearing in next season of The Flash and it's cool that the actress who plays Stargirl is up for it.

You can bet Grant and Melissa will be up for it as well.

I almost have to assume that this has been picked up for a season 2, they've finished filming a year+ now? Their contracts have to be close to expiring.

They should've gotten Shannon Briggs to play Ted Grant:
EU8BehvXsAIwZMC

Fighting background:
60-6-1-1 in pro boxing (53 KOs)
2X heavyweight champion of the world
Beat George Foreman for the lineal heavyweight championship in 1997 (lost it to Lennox Lewis)
Beat Siarhei Liakhovich for the WBO heavyweight title in 2006 (lost it to Sultan Ibragimov)
1-0-0-0 in pro kickboxing (1 KO)
Just signed with the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship at age 48
Also nearly signed to fight in UFC in the mid 90s but it fell through

And he has appeared in numerous films and TV shows including Transporter 2, Bad Boys II, and New York Undercover.

Other real life craziness:
Father died in prison
Stepfather died in prison
Mother died of a drug overdose on his birthday
From the same neighborhood (less than 1.5 square miles) as fellow heavyweight champs Mike Tyson and Riddick Bowe
Overcame a bout of suicidal depression in which he ballooned to over 400 pounds

And just look at his physique, he already looks like a superhero:
Briggs-to-rid-boxing-of-Fury-overcome-depression-for-third-title.jpg

Don't know how much play (flashbacks) the legit JSA will get, but I like who they chose for Ted Grant.
Brian Stapf cast as Ted Grant/Wildcat-
Brian-Stapf-wildcat.jpg

Looks fun!
Will definitely check it out.

Last edited:
I am not familiar with the actor, but to me the most important thing about playing Wildcat is good boxing.

Matt Murdock's fighting style is supposed to be primarily based on boxing, but Charlie Cox's boxing is absolutely terrible in Daredevil. He can't even hit a heavy bag. Don't get me wrong; the show is awesome, Cox did a great job overall, and many of the fight sequences are great.

But it's disappointing when they miss out on an essential aspect of the character.

If this guy is playing Ted Grant, his boxing technique better look good on camera.

Well that, and that he can act, that's also important (I mean as well as punch a bag correct of course!) but acting too!
Anyway JSA seems mostly there to potentially die, or retire and pass the mantle, to the new kids.

4VU2ZKc.jpg

PfrdIhc.jpg

Not sure if Yolanda Montez new Wildcat is a boxer. In the comic her dad, Juan "The Mauler" Montez was a boxer who Ted Grant once fought and trained with in the ring.
bVCkfgv.jpg

So if that's part of her Wildcat fighting technique, I'd look more into Yvette Monreal's training, then the guy playing Grant.
Although by the way she jumped in that trailer scene, it looks like she might be more of a meta-feline powers.

Last edited:
CEg86Ac.png

latest

S7bcUrQ.jpg

Injustice Society:
Paula Brooks (Huntress/Tigress), Henry King (Brainwave), Jordan Mahkent (Icicle), Dr. Ito (Dragon King), Lawrence "The Crusher" Crock (Sportsmaster)

Also you see Solomon Grundy emerging in the trailer.
jump to 0:54
[video=youtube;1SWhPT09EyU]

and...
3y1lgu.gif

Last edited:
This show definitely looks like it has a higher budget when compared to Titans.

Too bad Titans didn't embrace its comic book roots like Stargirl seems to be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"