State Your Opinion on a Character (New 52 Edition) - Part 1

I FREAKING LOVE SPOCK!! probably one of the greatest characters in popular culture!! him and Kirk is one of the best bromances ever!" I am and shall always be your friend!! "
Mannnnnnn! i that will always get me!! SPOCK ROCKS!!

oh and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPIDER-( my man) AZIZ
200_s.gif

may you live long and prosper!!

I FREAKING LOVE SPOCK!! probably one of the greatest characters in popular culture!! him and Kirk is one of the best bromances ever!" I am and shall always be your friend!! "
Mannnnnnn! i that will always get me!! SPOCK ROCKS!!

oh and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPIDER-( my man) AZIZ
200_s.gif

may you live long and prosper!!

Yeah, that scene towards the end of Wrath Of Khan where Spock sacrifices himself in order to save the Enterprise is gut wrenching. The scene where Kirk sees him inside the chamber also gets me in the feels.

[YT]watch?v=eVIt0DYKssI[/YT]

okay! i am probably going to be in the minority here(like that will be the 1st!:cwink:) but i FREAKING LOVE ROSE AND THORN!! I FREAKIN LOVE THE PREMISE OF THE CHARACTER!! chick has a split identity that she knows nothing about who fights crime in tight ass green spandex and boots!THATS FREAKIN COOL! cause chick really has a "secret ID"!! its so good she herself is unaware of it! i think Batman is one of the few that knows( that dude knows everythng!!) but love the whole idea of her having a real mental illness and helping to resolve it by fighting crime!its that whole Jekyll(rose is gentle) and Hyde( will kick your ass) thing but with a twist (and strait jackets!)!...plus the tight spandex aint bad either!! I love some of these offbeat lower characters and LOVE ROSE and /or THORN!! she should be really higher up in the DCU!

Thorn knows, Rose is clueless.
I like the duo.

For a few reasons, I will resurface

PUrHtHv.jpg

ETRIGAN
For this thread, and accompany him with a surprise factor in the Marvel brother of this thread.

okay! i am probably going to be in the minority here(like that will be the 1st!:cwink:) but i FREAKING LOVE ROSE AND THORN!! I FREAKIN LOVE THE PREMISE OF THE CHARACTER!! chick has a split identity that she knows nothing about who fights crime in tight ass green spandex and boots!THATS FREAKIN COOL! cause chick really has a "secret ID"!! its so good she herself is unaware of it! i think Batman is one of the few that knows( that dude knows everythng!!) but love the whole idea of her having a real mental illness and helping to resolve it by fighting crime!its that whole Jekyll(rose is gentle) and Hyde( will kick your ass) thing but with a twist (and strait jackets!)!...plus the tight spandex aint bad either!! I love some of these offbeat lower characters and LOVE ROSE and /or THORN!! she should be really higher up in the DCU!

I will back this up. I think there's some real potential in the idea and the appearance of Rose and Thorn, back in the day were just ambiguous enough that you could do a lot with it and not piss off a too many people. I always thought it would be interesting if Rose and Thorn were to become an ally of Lois Lane in some way. Give them a kind of Batman/Gordon relationship.

For a few reasons, I will resurface

PUrHtHv.jpg

ETRIGAN
For this thread, and accompany him with a surprise factor in the Marvel brother of this thread.

I like the Demon, in fact... I think of all the Kirby creations for DC he might just be number 2 after Darkseid and... Really of the New Gods, it's only Darkseid, Dessad, Mr. Miracle and Barda that I really like. Where as the Demon mythology is straight forward and you can follow it. A mercurial character, by rights he's really a villain, but for some reason I can't help but both root for him and enjoy most of his appearances. The set up with being bound to poor Jason Blood, the Arthurian connections... It all works for me. If it were up to me I would have green lit a Demon film like yesterday. The 90's series is a WAY underrated gem by Alan Grant and Val Semiks. And even Dwayne MacDuffie wrote a funny satire of the 1992 election in that Demon series that is still very good to my eyes.

Etrigan, by his very nature, has difficult and annoying dialog. I feel like he is one quirk too many.

I agree on all of the Rose and Thorn love.

Etrigan is COOL AS HELL!!( hehe pun intended):woot:

and i dig Bat Lash- he had that whole " have gun will travel" , "for a few dollars" more feel to him! i dug him!

Yeah, Bat Lash is an old school creation but he gets by more on his charm and savvy than anything. I LOVED the JLU version that Ben Browder voiced. I know that the HEX film failed but I wouldn't be against WB dipping into some of the Western heroes for a film or two in the future.

My absolute least favorite Flash. I just dont like em.

I like the idea of a flash from the 19th century, but mercury drops the ball in execution as a character. Never really liked him either.

He talks strange, that's for certain.
I really like the grand teacher of speedsters.

4257626-batman+-+arkham+origins.jpg

ARKHAM GAMES BATMAN
That version of the character, not the games.

If he's like any other mainstream Batman, I guess I like him. I never liked those games, so I have no real experience with him other than watching friends play.

Don't even own a gaming system so I'm at a loss. And yes, my kids aren't pleased that we refuse to buy a system

You can watch walkthroughs online to see his story.
But I'll give you the highlights:
1. He has access everything.
2. Alfred can find everything.
3. In the end of his story, everyone knows he is Bruce.

Max is cool he's the Zen mater fo the speed force!
and
Black Vulcan doesnt know anything about video games!! the only game i play is "TWISTER!":cwink:

Not a gamer so... No opinion on the Arkham franchise.

I like Max generally speaking. It's Bart I really can't stand. And part of it is his relationship with Max when Bart had his solo IMPULSE series. Bart should have been a supporting character in FLASH, not off to the side with some other character acting as his mentor. Plus... I hate that style of art. Yes... I have no soul.

I am in the minority on Harley. but... I freaking HATE that character with the passion of a thousand suns. There is literally nothing about her that is appealing to me in any medium. Just eye roll inducing on every level.

Still... she's baked into the Batworld now so, I am a little interested in seeing her in the SUICIDE SQUAD movie.

Harley is fun. I like her. I really like her best away from Joker. Suicide Squad, on her own, apparently with Power Girl (?!!), paired up Ivy, but just not with the Joker. I think that's gotten old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"