State your unpopular film related opinion - Part 10

Discussion in 'The Cutting Room Floor' started by Thread Manager, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordacar

Jordacar The Endless One

Voyage of the Dawn Treader is way better (and more fun) than Prince Caspian.

2. CoolCadaver49

CoolCadaver49 Not a Hero...

I have never seen a Narnia movie. Not really an unpopular opinion, but there ya go.

Also, I feel like I am the only one who likes 30 Days of Night. Probably my favorite vampire movie (with The Lost Boys in a close second; and I don't know of many people who like that one either.)

Also, on a completely unrelated side-note, I think I like The Temple of Doom more than The Last Crusade.

Oh, and Dead Poets Society was a complete bust. Ugh. Just saw it a week ago, and I hated it.

3. DyeLorean

DyeLorean will return

I couldn't get through Godfather the first time (and the second time, and the third time) and I can't get through Godfather Part II. It's a bore fest.
    Maybe is because I'm not american, I don't know, but what happens is totally uninteresting to me. I'm like-- I don't care if a character dies or not, maybe they should all die and be done with it.

4. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

I think Peter Jackson's King Kong (while about a half hour too long) is really underrated. It's got top-notch special effects that still look great 7 years later. And how can you not love this?

[YT]mLDidwx7Yfs[/YT]

5. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

King Kong is a fine movie. It's just too freaking long, much like all of PJ's movies.

6. CoolCadaver49

This! I don't know why everyone seems to hate this film. I actually had zero problem with the length, and I loved pretty much every character subplot. And yeah, the effects were really good, and I tend not to notice that kind of stuff.

7. DarkSovereignty

DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

it was also that last time I recall jack black actually turning in a legitimate performance. He actually CAN act, he just keeps making sh** like Gulliver's Travels.

8. moviedoors

moviedoors Well-Known Member

King Kong is a very flawed movie that still makes me weep uncontrollably.

9. James

James Built from Lego

I'm not a fan either. I tried once to get through the first one and fell asleep, managed to stay awake on the second attempt and have absolutely no desire to watch the sequels.

10. CapedCrusader14

I fell asleep watching King Kong. Only one of about two movies that I've actually fallen asleep too.

The other was Madagascar 2.

11. TheGuy

TheGuy Well-Known Member

Argo is not the BP frontrunner that many claim it to be. It's nothing special. Just a very well made film.

12. Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I still haven't seen that. It is still sitting on the DVR. I wish the Narnia movies would've caught on a little better than they did, but obviously I didnt do my part if I never saw the last one.

13. Donnie Darko

I really like 30 Days of Night, too. I can't buy it, though, because it creeped my wife out so bad that she refused to even have it in the house.

Also, Temple of Doom might be my favorite, maybe because my brothers and I watched it so much as kids. We were just obsessed with the heart ripping scene and stuff like that.

14. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

In a weaker year, it could've walked away with it. I think it's a better film than most of the recent Best Picture winners. But in this case, Les Miserables is the 800 pound gorilla to deal with.

15. DarkSovereignty

Life of Pi also, I liked Argo, but I thought Life of Pie was just a better film.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  16. jonathancrane

jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

30 Days of Night is a terrific film. I hate the sequel, however, with a passion.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is better than its precursor.

17. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

I liked Life of Pi too. It broke new ground with 3D. But I wouldn't consider it worthy of Best Picture. A lot of it was just Cast Away with a tiger as Wilson.

18. DarkSovereignty

I still find it hilarious when people say that the dark knight rises should be nominated for BP. I mean, yeah, it was good, but the script problems alone invalidate it.

19. The Riddler

The Riddler WITH NEW MATERIAL

except avatar was nominated, thus invalidating your argument. oscars are a joke anyway.

20. DarkSovereignty

while having a derivative story the writing in Avatar wasn't that bad, also, that film featured revolutionary film making techniques that at least earned it a nomination (and I'm saying this all as somebody who doesn't particularly like avatar).

21. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

I knew as soon as I saw it that it wasn't getting a nomination. A great movie, sure, but it wasn't the game changer that TDK was.

22. Donnie Darko

It's just really not a great movie. After the setup of the first two, I expected better. It's not a bad movie, but not a great one either.

23. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem RIP Hype Forums

That's pretty much how I feel about it. All the hype leading up to it, and after seeing it I just kinda went "That was it?"

24. CoolCadaver49

Indeed.

On a side note, am I the only one who doesn't particularly like Stanley Kubrick's The Shining? I think reading the book ruined it for me (I loved the book, and I felt that the movie was just way too different).

25. DarkSovereignty

I'm not a particular fan of Kubrick to be honest, my favorite movie by him is probably Doctor Strangelove.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.