State your unpopular film related opinion - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what ways?

Amazing CG, granted. but all that aside, I despised the unoriginal and predictable story, one dimensional characters. And as amazing as the world looked, I felt the design of most creatures (with the exception of a few) were unoriginal as well, the na'vi being essentially blue people. I would expect allot more out of a budget of that magnitude in terms of an original alien world.

Amazing CG, granted. but all that aside, I despised the unoriginal and predictable story, one dimensional characters. And as amazing as the world looked, I felt the design of most creatures (with the exception of a few) were unoriginal as well, the na'vi being essentially blue people. I would expect allot more out of a budget of that magnitude in terms of an original alien world.

Slap that on the back of the DVD. That's some truth right there.

Also, regarding this whole 'it copied TDK' thing; TDK stole it from Usual Suspects if we're really gonna play that card.
Or the film Nolan credits as the film's inspiration as much as Mendes credits TDK, Michael Mann's Heat.

Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that The Perks of Being A Wallflower isn't up for any Oscars?

I kind of figure it would go under the radar,though Logan lerman and Ezra miller definitely deserve some recognition.

I think the screenplay as well as the direction deserves a nod as well. And such a perfect cast. Definitely in my top 5-10 movies of 2012.

Never even heard of The Perks Ok Being a Wallflower ... must be some sort of drama so it was off my radar.l

It was a great movie, it furthered my love of Emma Watson quite dramatically, really glad she's having such a productive career post Harry potter.

Never even heard of The Perks Ok Being a Wallflower ... must be some sort of drama so it was off my radar.l
It almost ventured into hipster movie territory, but best way I can describe the tone that I saw was a mix of Easy A, American Beauty, and Whip It.

I was shocked too, it deserves at least an adapted screenplay nod.

Perks was well made, but it had probably the most unlikeable characters of all time in it. I wanted them all to be eaten by a lion by the end of it.

Perks was well made, but it had probably the most unlikeable characters of all time in it. I wanted them all to be eaten by a lion by the end of it.
Not at all
You're confusing Perks with Silver Linings Playbook

Oh don't worry, the award for asshat characters can go to both movies.

But I haven't seen SLP, so I really can't comment on that as of yet.

Here's one...

I don't think Ben Affleck is quite as good of a director as everyone thinks.

He does have a very strong visual style, and seems to be pretty good at coaxing good performances from his cast, but so far both of his films have suffered from a few definite story/subplot problems that in subsequent films, could possibly become more glaring.

Just to be clear, when you say "both," which two are you talking about? Gone Baby Gone, The Town, or Argo? (I still haven't seen Argo, so I wouldn't know with that one)

The Town and Argo.

I always forget Gone Baby Gone exists.

I didn't like The Town.

Gone Baby Gone
is great though. I've yet to see Argo. I'll probably enjoy it, and heard pretty much nothing but good things...the premise just doesn't grab me so I haven't made any real effort to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"