State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transformers should have more Cybertron and less humans, my favorite part of the movies is the flashback in the beginning of DOTM showing Cybertron.

It's certainly better than ROTF, but we all know about the writers strike and other problems with that.

Although, for me, there are too many human characters that are just too unnecessarily eccentric in DOTM.

Not even going to lie, Bumblebee almost dying made me emotional. I loved the almost 1 hour climax!

Last edited:
Transformers should have more Cybertron and less humans, my favorite part of the movies is the flashback in the beginning of DOTM showing Cybertron.

Which would have made it a CG animated film.

I don't get the hate for Ron Howard.

Apollo 13
Cinderella Man
A Beautiful Mind
Frost/Nixon
Rush

80s gems like Cocoon, Days of Thunder and Willow.

Ron Howard rocks.

I liked Dark of the Moon, but not enough to say that it warranted a fourth Transformers movie. The only reason why I'm tolerating the fourth one is because they've finally included Grimlock, who was my favorite Transformer.

Gremlins is tied with JAWS as my favorite movie of all time. Not an unpopular opinion as Gremlins is a beloved 80s gem.

But Gremlins 2 is JUST as good as the first one. It's not a hated sequel, but it's more forgotten or brushed aside. It's damn brilliant.

Some people dislike it's cartoony approach. That is PRECISELY what makes it work so well. Joe Dante knew he couldn't re-create the lightening in a bottle aspect of the first film so he went into a brand new direction. A live action cartoon. As it stands Gremlins 2 is still one of the best representations of a cartoon as a live action film yet. It is filled with colorful and entertaining characters, insanely quotable dialogue and off the wall humor. The animatronic effects are some of the best ever committed to film and the satire is more relevant today than it was in 1990, which is something to be proud of. It's fast paced, zany, kooky, funny, cute and all around bloody brilliant. Not only one of the most underrated sequels of all time but one of the most underrated comedies of all time.

Gremlins is tied with JAWS as my favorite movie of all time. Not an unpopular opinion as Gremlins is a beloved 80s gem.

But Gremlins 2 is JUST as good as the first one. It's not a hated sequel, but it's more forgotten or brushed aside. It's damn brilliant.

Some people dislike it's cartoony approach. That is PRECISELY what makes it work so well. Joe Dante knew he couldn't re-create the lightening in a bottle aspect of the first film so he went into a brand new direction. A live action cartoon. As it stands Gremlins 2 is still one of the best representations of a cartoon as a live action film yet. It is filled with colorful and entertaining characters, insanely quotable dialogue and off the wall humor. The animatronic effects are some of the best ever committed to film and the satire is more relevant today than it was in 1990, which is something to be proud of. It's fast paced, zany, kooky, funny, cute and all around bloody brilliant. Not only one of the most underrated sequels of all time but one of the most underrated comedies of all time.

Exactly! Agreed with all of this, Gremlins 2 was the ****. John Glover was hilarious. :up:

I'm with y'all on Gremlins 2. Funniest scene for me is when they sneak up on Ebert. :lmao:

In my opinion, Tim Curry's Pennywise isn't really all that frightening.

Oh, I'm with you on Gremlins 2, but I actually prefer it over the original. I might have mentioned in this thread before, but whatever, I love the movie. It's Joe Dante let loose and it's a blast, particularly the meta touches (the Leonard Maltin cameo, the callback to the Santa speech from the first one, etc.). And come on, Tony Randall!

I didn't mind that they had a mix of Transformers and humans. They've done that before with the franchise, but I think I'm on a similar page as Doc Ock in feeling that the human part really overshadowed the Transformers. The first film was especially true of this.

I liked the idea of the deceptions having their own human allies, like their own Sam/ mikayla type characters, and I liked the twist with sentinel prime. It may because I just wasn't thinking to hard while watching but that legitamately surprised me (to a less extent so did the twist with Patrick Dempsey, though in hindsight it was much more obvious). However, the purpose of John malkovitch's character still escapes me, as does ken jeong ans John turtrro's characters.

Malkovich's character was stupid. Jeong was kind of useful. Turturro, well I don't know,but I like him.

'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot' is one of the greatest movies ever made.

Not-Sure-If-Fry-Meme-Gif_zps176d9d4b.gif

Alien 3 Assembly Cut is only a few notches below the first two on the great scale imo.

Everything people seem to hate about the movie is what makes it good imo. They killed off Newt and Hicks in the opening credits! Awesome. I love where that puts Ripley as a character. I love how this film plays up the fact that her and this creature are destined to do battle wherever the go. I like how Ripley seems to be cursed. I like how broken down she is in this, yet still as strong as ever.
I liked the somber tone. I like atmosphere. I like the finale. I like characters. Alien 3 is a bit of miracle for how troubled the production was.

I haven't seen Alien 3 in years, but I remember I liked it and it was a surprise when I got into internet and found out so many people hated it.

Alien 3 Assembly Cut is only a few notches below the first two on the great scale imo.

Everything people seem to hate about the movie is what makes it good imo. They killed off Newt and Hicks in the opening credits! Awesome. I love where that puts Ripley as a character. I love how this film plays up the fact that her and this creature are destined to do battle wherever the go. I like how Ripley seems to be cursed. I like how broken down she is in this, yet still as strong as ever.
I liked the somber tone. I like atmosphere. I like the finale. I like characters. Alien 3 is a bit of miracle for how troubled the production was.

The Assembly Cut is great! I bet if fox let Fincher make the movie he wanted we could have had a masterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"