State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Fast and Furious films are terrible.

All the Fast and Furious films are terrible.
orig-11170631jpg.gif

Lol, OK, maybe I should have just said they're not for me:woot:

Man of Steel is not only the best Superman movie by a huge margin, it's also my favorite interpretation of the character in any medium, it has the best super-powered action sequences ever filmed, AND, it has the best score of any superhero film EVER.

I've only liked the first Fast and Furious. All the others are terrible to ok. I don't even think I've seen the fourth.

I've only liked the first Fast and Furious. All the others are terrible to ok. I don't even think I've seen the fourth.

I don't think I've seen any of them.

Scratch that. I've definitely never seen any of them.

Man of Steel is not only the best Superman movie by a huge margin, it's also my favorite interpretation of the character in any medium, it has the best super-powered action sequences ever filmed, AND, it has the best score of any superhero film EVER.

Reading this almost gave me a heart attack... In that I agree with a lot of it. (I won't go as far as you... but I'm pretty close. :sly: I still believe in the brilliance that is the Donner film. But that's another animal in terms of film.) I really don't give an airborne copulation what others feel are the film's flaws since one of the biggest that people site, the pacing, is what I feel is a strength. It's a ride that keeps building and building, though it does for myself, have more than enough characterization. And really, when Avengers came out I said to myself, " Well... I guess it will be a while before another director gives me a final battle in a CBM that will come close to this magnificence, this torn from the pages styled action". Sorry, but while there are lots of good to great CBMs, ever some of the great ones have finales that sort of fizzle out for some reason, like the first Spider-Man, or Iron Man 1 and 2. Now, I am an old school Superman fan, and on paper you would think MOS was not going to satisfy someone like me. What I think happened is that Snyder gave me the Superman film, I didn't even know I wanted. Unpopular around these parts? Sure. But I don't care. I wholeheartedly embrace this film. Glad to see I am not alone. :woot:

I was never very impressed with the action in The Avengers. It wasn't bad or anything, but it just seemed like the standard superhero fare in that regard.

I've not seen all of them, I think maybe the first two or three? I don't know, terrible seems like a pretty good description for them to me.

Actually recently I enjoyed the "car work" in Jack Reacher and John Wick, it felt more real and had a nice 70's vibe. Also I can't wait for Fury Road, because it looks awesome and bonkers and I'm a huge Max Rockatansky fan.

I'd rank the Donner film above it... but I do love it and almost agree with this.

I agree, as flawed as the film is, the Smallville battle might be the best superhero fight ever put on film. Also I always liked Superman 2 better than STM (Lester or Donner's version) mostly because I thought Terence Stamp's Zod was a better villain than Gene Hackman's Luthor.

Last edited:
I agree, as flawed as the film is, the Smallville battle might be the best superhero fight ever put on film. Also I always liked Superman 2 better than STM (Lester or Donner's version) because I thought Terence Stamp's Zod was a better villain than Gene Hackman's Luthor.
I completely agree that the Smallville fight is one of best CBM scenes ever. I don't agree about the movie overall either moviedoors, but I love that scene so much and still watch it regularly.

ib0DHBmPz3zY2P.gif

And I already brought this up in your thread gwynplaine, but it's also the little things I love with that scene. Like Supes popping up into frame and slowly watching Zod fly off. Just great little shots and things like that :up:

ibzukkdTtyEKxM.jpg

And I already brought this up in your thread gwynplaine, but it's also the little things I love with that scene. Like Supes popping up into frame and slowly watching Zod fly off. Just great little shots and things like that :up:

ibzukkdTtyEKxM.jpg
:up: Beautiful shot.

I'm at a loss as well :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member