State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember much of Blade Trinity, but I'll watch it again very soon, maybe next weekend.

I didn't like Punisher War Zone. But that's probably because I hate The Punisher. Frank Castle (almost rhymes with...) is a boring, uninteresting and unoriginal character.I don't think it's possible to make a good Punisher movie, to be honest. A movie about a rock would be more exciting.

There Will Be Blood is one of the worst movies I've seen. And No Country for Old Men.

I take it your pops never whooped you?

iUFPT.gif

Dead Man, Rango, The Lone Ranger, Johnny Depp has made some pretty interesting Westerns.

Now that you mention it, I think the animation and the details in Rango are better than any of Pixar, Dreamworks or Blue Sky.

I would say both Rango and Surf's UP are underrated by the general audience. Both have great "acting" in them and also surprisingly good dramatic parts as well.

I haven't seen Surf's Up, so I can't really say. I think Rango was a little bit more adult-oriented maybe. But that animation... man, I think is just amazing.

I haven't seen Surf's Up, so I can't really say. I think Rango was a little bit more adult-oriented maybe. But that animation... man, I think is just amazing.
Give Surf's Up a shot. It really isn't just a cheap Pixar knock off. bad place... Even Shia gives a decent "performance" in it. It easily could have been a live action film with human beings instead of talking animals with minimal changes. Am I saying that it's as good as the Toy Story Trilogy or The Incredibles? NO. But... It's quite good.

I would say both Rango and Surf's UP are underrated by the general audience. Both have great "acting" in them and also surprisingly good dramatic parts as well.

I agree both were cool.

I also liked the mockumentary angle from Surf's Up.

I haven't seen Rango since the first time years ago, but I did like it a good amount.

Still never saw Lone Ranger

But I hope Armie Hammer finds something soon. I think he's a good actor. Still think he should've been Superman (but seeing how little I liked MoS, I guess it's not a bad thing) and I think he has the talent to do some good things.

He's made all the right moves since Social Network. Star in a movie with Pirates of the Caribbean creators? Check. Oscar bait film with a beloved actor and director? Check. But both of those didn't pan out

I like The Lone Ranger. It gets way too much hate.

I like The Lone Ranger. It gets way too much hate.

I actually like it, too. I thought it was a fun movie, which is what I wanted.

I definitely liked it better than Disney's previous flop, John Carter. That was just a big letdown to me, especially since I read the first two books right before seeing the movie.

I thought both movies sucked, but I at least had hope for John Carter. So the fact that it was awful bummed me out. The books are great.

I figured Lone Ranger was going to be a trainwreck (no pun intended) from the moment I saw the first picture of Depp with that bird on his head.

Carter for the most part at least delivered on the fun and spectacle, as overblown as it was for a debut film of a potential franchise. Disney should have really held off on that budget. It felt more like a sequel after the first film had earned a lot to get them the sequel. But it's nowhere near as bad as people say it is. People were hating and saying it was going to be a disaster before it even came out. It never was given a proper chance to begin with. It just seems to be hates on principle now. In fact, around here, when people say they hate it, I haven't seen that many opinions as to why people hate it exactly. Not saying they're hate isn't warranted, but some less than others it seems at times.

Lone Ranger felt like it took itself too seriously. Though that train chase finale was superb. Where was that feeling from before in the movie?

Carter for the most part at least delivered on the fun and spectacle, as overblown as it was for a debut film of a potential franchise. Disney should have really held off on that budget. It felt more like a sequel after the first film had earned a lot to get them the sequel. But it's nowhere near as bad as people say it is. People were hating and saying it was going to be a disaster before it even came out. It never was given a proper chance to begin with. It just seems to be hates on principle now. In fact, around here, when people say they hate it, I haven't seen that many opinions as to why people hate it exactly. Not saying they're hate isn't warranted, but some less than others it seems at times.

Lone Ranger felt like it took itself too seriously. Though that train chase finale was superb. Where was that feeling from before in the movie?
Yeah.I originally enjoyed it. (and suppose I still do to an extent) but it's gotten much worse in subsequent viewings.

I thought Verbinski's love for Westerns really showed throughout both Rango and The Lone Ranger. Also I enjoyed Depp's Tonto which reminded me more of Buster Keaton than Jack Sparrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"