State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
IM3 is the best Marvel Studios film for me. It has a unique structure and is quite layered. Plus Tony Stark's arc is fantastic and the twist is genuinely surprising.

^You go to hell!

Oh, is that not what this thread is about? Judging people for there unpopular film related opinion?

Trevor Slattery....still a better villain than Malekith.

Well that's not too difficult haha. But yea, who saw that coming though? Like the twist or not... it was a true WTF moment.

I liked it because i've always thought the Mandarin was lame anyway, apart from one story where he was a shady business man who manipulated a woman called Maya Hansen into creating a bio-weapon for him. So IM3 was pretty comic accurate really.

It's funny how quickly people turn on someone no longer associated with their overlord Marvel. :whatever:

My dislike for Buffy and my general disdain for most hardcore Whedonites has nothing to do with Whedon's relationship with Marvel. For my money, both Avengers movies were great.

I've always felt Buffy was terrible and some of his other efforts like Firefly were mediocre at best. Yet, you tell that to one of his obsessive worshipers, and they're liable to rip your heart out with their teeth and sacrifice it to Anthony Stewart Head. Seriously, people call Nolanites insane, but in my experience, Whedonites are way worse.

IM3 is the best Marvel Studios film for me. It has a unique structure and is quite layered. Plus Tony Stark's arc is fantastic and the twist is genuinely surprising.
I disagree so hard. IM3 was a step in the wrong direction for IM movies. It could have been a more seriously toned movie, it could have really taken time to explore Tonys' problems and recovery, the Mandarin being a fraud and then not a fraud, and the Extremis stuff. Instead it was just Tony being Tony but with the added flavor of PTSD-minor and overcoming it because a kid basically told him to nut up, Rhodey being reduced to comic relieve in minor sidekick form, and nothing really coming of the Extremisis stuff outside of making fire/lbomb people.
That said, I do enjoy it still, bit it's definetely not the best of Marvel.

^You go to hell!

Oh, is that not what this thread is about? Judging people for there unpopular film related opinion?
No, we only judge people who come in here acting like an ash spontaneously for no reason.
Or, in laymens terms, you right now.

Trevor Slattery....still a better villain than Malekith.
Can you even really consider Slattery a villain? He was basically a puppet and didn't really have a clue what was going on.

1. I'm sorry (not really), but I don't like David Cronenberg's movies. Don't like the person either...pretentious jerk.

Behind the scenes clip:

Cronenberg: "...and then a talking ******* shows up!:woot:"

Confused actor: "Ah, you got a cameo role in your own movie? Awesome"

2. Someone should kick/shoot/stab Gaspar Noe in the ash. I think it's amazing how many people this creep is able to fool.

3. Many Gaspar fans are creepy too. I don't have to tell why...you know what I'm talking about.

4. Americans: please, don't make any more comedies!:( stick with superhero movies/dramas and stuff like that.

5. We Were Soldiers is the best Vietnam War movie I've seen.

6. Platoon is probably the worst. It's like a campy parody of war movies. Over the top death scenes...and what's up with that weird scene where a buck toothed Vietnamese guy is killed by Americans? Reminded me of a Bugs Bunny cartoon from WWII.

Maybe that's the point?

7. Don't know if it's unpopular, but Quigley Down Under is very good.

8. Americans...please, don't make any more horror movies!:( I can't take it.

It's funny how quickly people turn on someone no longer associated with their overlord Marvel. :whatever:

I've bashed Whedon and the MCU several times in this thread. I don't like Whedon and, while I enjoy most of Marvel's films, I'm not a biased Marvel fanboy. They've never even had a film finish in my top 10 of the year.

I disagree so hard. IM3 was a step in the wrong direction for IM movies. It could have been a more seriously toned movie, it could have really taken time to explore Tonys' problems and recovery, the Mandarin being a fraud and then not a fraud, and the Extremis stuff. Instead it was just Tony being Tony but with the added flavor of PTSD-minor and overcoming it because a kid basically told him to nut up, Rhodey being reduced to comic relieve in minor sidekick form, and nothing really coming of the Extremisis stuff outside of making fire/lbomb people.
That said, I do enjoy it still, bit it's definetely not the best of Marvel.

I think you want the Popular Opinion thread. :oldrazz:

I really don't like Batman Returns whatsoever. It's not a Batman movie in my eyes, it's a Tim Burton movie. Batman 1989 is much better, and I even enjoy Forever more than Returns.

Having just watched them again, The Terminator is better than T2. T1 just never lets up and the acting and writing are brilliant. Even the necessary exposition that Reese has to deliver to Sarah occurs throughout a chase scene. The film's structure reminds me a lot of the recently released Mad Max: Fury Road in that the whole film is basically one long chase with the T-800 constantly on Sarah's tail. Basically the only part of the film that doesn't hold up is some of the special effects, and I can give that a pass given that it was a low budget movie made in 1984.

T2 is an excellent film, but there are times that it drags (especially after the escape from the mental hospital) and there is almost a hour in the middle of the film in which the T-1000 becomes a complete afterthought. There is also some humor that doesn't work, and Ed Furlong can get annoying at times. These are flaws that simply don't occur in the near perfect original.

The music in the first Terminator is bad. Takes the movie down a notch for me.

The Terminator is so 80's, is one of the things I like the most about it.

Last edited:
I don't mind Vin Diesel's Kojak, but I'd rather see Mark Ruffalo's Columbo.

I really don't like Batman Returns whatsoever. It's not a Batman movie in my eyes, it's a Tim Burton movie. Batman 1989 is much better, and I even enjoy Forever more than Returns.
It was a step in the right direction, I feel, for what I Burton Batman film should feel like. It had dark, gothic look and feel in some scenes. But there was a lot that was wrong with ti. Might have helped if Burton actually read more than The Killing Joke.

The music in the first Terminator is bad. Takes the movie down a notch for me.

Yeah, that was basically a downer for me in regards to the first film. Not enough to make me not love it, but enough to make me go 'Eh' whenever I'm unimpressed enough.

It is the best Iron Man movie in my book, and I agree with what you said.

-Am I the only one who doesn't care for a Han Solo prequel? I mean with Lord and Miller attatched I know it'll be good. But this was something I worried about when they announced the spin off movies.

agreed

Last edited:
-Am I the only one who doesn't care for a Han Solo prequel? I mean with Lord and Miller attatched I know it'll be good. But this was something I worried about when they announced the spin off movies.
Never thought the character was interesting enough, and I'm not a fan of Lord & Miller duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"